Career Officer
# 21
09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
And even the Hair Buns don't even look that TOS. We have a lot of Hairstyles, but most of them look silly.

They just need a "Salon Extras" pack that gives you lots of hair, earring, tattoo, facial hair and other various things. It'd be a seller.
I agree. It would be nice to get more options.

But if they decide to commit to putting manpower on more styles, for heaven's sake, make sure the Caitian hairstyle shown in the OP is included, you know, for Caitians.
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371
Captain
# 22
09-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhunter1 View Post
But if they decide to commit to putting manpower on more styles, for heaven's sake, make sure the Caitian hairstyle shown in the OP is included, you know, for Caitians.
Hell, they could even rig it so that it could be used on other races as well as Caitians!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 23
09-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Hell, they could even rig it so that it could be used on other races as well as Caitians!
That's what I'm afraid of - they'll do just that (which would be awesome), forgetting to make it work for the Caitians in the push to sell it. LOL!
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371
Captain
# 24
09-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhunter1 View Post
That's what I'm afraid of - they'll do just that (which would be awesome), forgetting to make it work for the Caitians in the push to sell it. LOL!
Worst case scenario, yes. But let's see them make it first.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
09-05-2012, 10:33 PM
This idea is not new.

It took them forever to actually get around to the "Give Caitians Hair" item on their priorities list, and truly I suspect the only reason they did was because of the plan to unveil playable Ferasans for the KDF and were going to be working in those assets then anyway. We aren't talking weeks or months of complaint from players--both with Caitian characters and without--or months, but over a year plus before they actually got around to adding the current clip-and-tied options.

When asked why Caitians cannot have more M'Ress-like tresses of hair, perhaps imported from Champs (with a screenshot of someone's Champs Online character with vaguely M'ress-like falling hair as an example), the dev answering at the time went into a lengthy explanation about how the codebase hookup of Champs and models made to work there simply would not work or look right imported to STO (which I can understand on the looks department; they're two different games with vaguely derivative engines).

All this to say...don't hold your breath. Cryptic seems to have "satisfied" their current-term obligation to answer nearly two years of cries for Caitian hair by giving us the options we currently have. To have them revisit that is likely not going to happen any time soon. Hell, KDF officers might get the KDF General overcoat they've begged for since launch before that happens.

Be that as it may, I too would like for some art dev with a little free time to solve this simple request for a M'ress-like hairstyle. Because my own female caitian's head just looks like a fuzzy pineapple with those improvised ponytails and I am not a fan of them.

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"

Last edited by nikkyvix; 09-05-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Ensign
# 26
09-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Completely agreed here...

the current hair for Caitain's is a joke, after 3 years of saying 'yes, we're working on hair', and talking about new hair code, we got results that make our beloved Caitain's look like the illegitimate love child of Sid Vicious and the cast of Cats...

It wouldn't take a lot of work to add proper hair to the Caitian's, and as you can see, players are clamouring for them... so please sort this out

Here's an example of how simple it could look and still be effective...

M
Commander
# 27
09-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Even that is beautiful! I like the color contrast you used too. Very nice.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Ensign
# 28
09-09-2012, 06:22 AM
thanks, was just a quick 'copy and paste' hairstyle job in character creation... hardly a massive effort but it makes my point lol

M
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
09-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methosivanhoe View Post
thanks, was just a quick 'copy and paste' hairstyle job in character creation... hardly a massive effort but it makes my point lol

M
Yes, it does. Really, they could just let players use the existing hairstyle options for other species on Caitians and it would solve a lot of the hairstyle problems, in my opinion. Yes, the pre-existing hairstyles for other species don't use the fabled "new hair tech", but I'd rather have some more variety available for people to use on their characters than not getting anything in the near or even next to near future.
Captain
# 30
09-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methosivanhoe View Post
Could stand to be poofier. But your point is well taken, it wouldn't be that hard to implement at all.