Career Officer
# 11
07-24-2012, 04:10 AM
I checked the costums in the ship customization. All my buyed costumoptions are available. I realy hope this is only a bug. If the future of costums are fleetships, i will never get a costum again >.<
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Yup, the Comet and Maelstrom (at least) got converted to 'fleet ship' costumes, and presumably others as well (Imperial, Hephaestus, Nimbus, etc.). Like so much else, they've been commandeered for the 'buy or cry' direction the game has gone under PWE. Great thematic sequel to the 'spam and scam' methodology of the lockboxes.
Commander
# 13
09-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Oh, so that's why I cannot buy Maelstrom skin? Great, just great. After playing for free for almost a year I want to spent my money and Cryptic takes away things I want to buy. Well, I save few euros, they won't earn it.

BTW - if they have the "costumes" section on the C-Store there shouldnt there be some costumes to buy?

And sorry for necro, but I just need to tell Cryptic how "great" they are.
Career Officer
# 14
09-05-2012, 08:43 AM
I created another thread about this apparently "presently unknown bug" as a GM told me, yet it seems to have existed for over 2 months without any word from Cryptic.

Where are my 1000+ C-Points that I spent to get these costumes?
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Career Officer
# 15
09-05-2012, 08:47 AM
The only change was to remove them from the C-store. And it's not a bug, it's working as intended. If you purchased these via C-store before they were removed you should still have the options available when you change your ship's costume.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Career Officer
# 16
09-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
Oh, so that's why I cannot buy Maelstrom skin? Great, just great. After playing for free for almost a year I want to spent my money and Cryptic takes away things I want to buy. Well, I save few euros, they won't earn it.

BTW - if they have the "costumes" section on the C-Store there shouldnt there be some costumes to buy?

And sorry for necro, but I just need to tell Cryptic how "great" they are.

For me they are gone, can't select them for any of my ships that I know used to be able to use them.
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Lieutenant
# 17
09-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by degalusmedivan View Post
I checked the costums in the ship customization. All my buyed costumoptions are available. I realy hope this is only a bug. If the future of costums are fleetships, i will never get a costum again >.<
Cryptic selleth and Cryptic taketh away. I assume I lost my ship skins this time. I paid for a Ferengi playable character which is now free for everyone. And don't start me on the exclusive per-order Borg playable character. Probably other stuff I lost as well, without realizing it.

I guess the ship costumes didn't sell so well, so they decided to sell them a different way. It would be good to get a refund or something in exchange, though.
Captain
# 18
09-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Every ship skin I have ever purchased is still there, where its always been: under the Advanced tap and needing to be selected on a part-by-part basis. If you click on Hull or Pylons, you'll see all the skin choices available for the Hull or Pylons - and that should be the 3 free skins and whatever Skin you purchased.