Commander
# 1491
06-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Is the new Star Trek movie just wearing the TOS uniforms?

(Well, not "new" since that was 3 years ago, but you know what I mean.)
There are some minor modifications and updates - a Starfleet-arrowhead pattern on the tunics themselves, short sleeves as an option on some uniforms (Uhura's) besides McCoy's, etc - but the overall look is very similar, as was intended.

EDIT: Oh, and the cadet uniforms are much different, of course. Out with Finnegan's silver, in with reds.
Captain
# 1492
06-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
EDIT: Oh, and the cadet uniforms are much different, of course. Out with Finnegan's silver, in with reds.
I'm sure the red uniforms are the cadet dress uniforms and the blue ones from the kobayashi maru scene are the standard ones.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1493
06-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Subscribing to this epic thread again--lost the subscription info from my Cryptic Account when I had to link it to this new Perfect World Account, which I'm sure is true for everyone else here, as well.

Well, I just hope that Black (or whatever his new account goes by) is still around and continues updating this.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 07-15-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Ensign
# 1494
06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Went immediately to subscribe this topic after linking... grr linking....
My captain's log
Career Officer
# 1495
07-15-2012, 02:53 AM
It seems like the Antares 02 uniform doesn't match the NPCs anymore, I'm comparing myself to the ship crew and the security officer on DS9, and at least the pants are the wrong color. Did they change something?

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 1496
07-15-2012, 06:01 AM
don't forget about 90% of the "color variants" are the results of washing th costumes
Rihannsu
# 1497
07-20-2012, 12:18 PM
I can't wait until he posts the S1 TNG uniforms, I know the colors will be slightly different from the later ones, and I'm eager to see his take on them.
Career Officer
# 1498
07-21-2012, 05:35 AM
Is Blackavaar still around but under a different alias? He hasn't made a post in such a very long time I'm beginning to fear the worst.
Career Officer
# 1499
09-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1701h View Post
Is Blackavaar still around but under a different alias? He hasn't made a post in such a very long time I'm beginning to fear the worst.
I'm still kicking, Alan. I just haven't been around much lately because I don't like the direction PWE has taken this game. Everything is such a grind now and all of the koolest stuff is stuffed away in "you might get this if you're lucky" boxes. I still don't get why they used a different F2P model than CO, because CO is still fun and never feels grindy.

And btw, since I had to create a PWE account to even post on the forums I can no longer edit any of my previous posts. So, I'm thinking about recreating this guide as my own fan site. I'll let you know.

Last edited by blackavaar; 09-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Captain
# 1500
09-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackavaar View Post
I'm still kicking, Alan. I just haven't been around much lately because I don't like the direction PWE has taken this game. Everything is such a grind now and all of the koolest stuff is stuffed away in "you might get this if you're lucky" boxes. I still don't get why they used a different F2P model than CO, because CO is still fun and never feels grindy.

And btw, since I had to create a PWE account to even post on the forums I can no longer edit any of my previous posts. So, I'm thinking about recreating this guide as my own fan site. I'll let you know.

I can't say anything about that but it would be a shame if you would stop working on uniforms.

Btw. i would like to get some advice from you, if you don't mind.
I know there are some who oppose the 2009 Trek movie but i just love the U.S.S. Kelvins uniforms. Which in game uniform would you use if you would make a mock up of it for STO?
I have been toying around with the AGT uniform but it's cumberbound looks just awful.

Live long and prosper.