Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
# 111
09-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
It may well be the death blow to the KDF since the KDf is so small and under developed as to have little to hold players beyond loyalty and fandom.
This isn't true. Join a good fleet, make some friends there, socialize, and you'll play kdf whatever ship or costume option you have. The STFs/pvp/nukara&defera missions are the same on both side, so basically it may not change your game.

And TBH it will be difficult to give me a more interesting costume option than the HG Mk XII set. This one is amazing.
Lieutenant
# 112
09-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
This isn't true. Join a good fleet, make some friends there, socialize, and you'll play kdf whatever ship or costume option you have. The STFs/pvp/nukara&defera missions are the same on both side, so basically it may not change your game.

And TBH it will be difficult to give me a more interesting costume option than the HG Mk XII set. This one is amazing.
But besides that we gotta keep some tactical tricks in order to be competitive against federation both at pvp and pve

Also play KDF for being a badass klingon and not a explorer federation not rly for the fleet and friends since on any faction i play i make friends.

Its more of a matter of RP tastes.

But no matter how some1 like a ship design or RPing with klingon funny characters and have some nice fun he wont be playing KDF is federation is much more superior than us.

Thats why feds can keep their maco shields and tractor pets and OP ships and tetrylized tetryons and OP sci ships they always had and we must keep our leech console unique!

Last edited by thesnyndicate; 09-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 113
09-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnyndicate View Post
Thats why i say to give them bio neutral warhead and they give us something defensive in return.
I would hate that more than the Feds getting the leech tbh. I say no sharing consoles/weapons. Some of these items are what attracts some to the faction. I say come up with original ideas rather than sharing unique items. Federation players need to learn they can't have all their eggs in the one basket. They want a bio neural or leech console, then go play the KDF side and stop being a bunch of children wanting all the toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 114
09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnyndicate View Post
LEECH=OP

I fixed that for you.

Seriously, this console is possibly one of the worst offenders in the bunch.

On all the time, its a clear no-brainer choice, no effort required other than shooting your opponent for what is something like +16-20 power to all subsystems if you're spec'd into flow caps.

On top of that, it also drains opponents.

Don't get me wrong, I love running this on my Karfi, Guramba, Hegh'ta and Bortasqu - who wouldn't love the equivalent of Emergency Power to Everything 1 that is basically always on?
Lieutenant
# 115
09-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Bio Neural Warhead...I don't recall a Klingon ship in the Delta stealing it. Yet they have them.
I do not think I've ever seen a Klingon fighter. Seen Fed ones, yet some Demanded the Feds never get a Carrier. It's a staple of Klingon.........Since when??

Targeting sub systems. Feds do it all the time. When a Klingon was ordered to target engines, he blew up the ship. A lucky shot. I do not recall them ever extending shields. When did one ever use a tricorder? So I guess they shouldn't have any of those as they are FED staples.

Get it yet?

The SMALL GROUP of you that are stomping your foot and Demanding to be given more balls while refusing to share the ones you have. Really? You expect the Annoying lock boxes to have a Klingon only Console pack now? That's right up there with Demanding a True science vessel, just with more hull points, 4 forward and aft weapons, and not limited to only beam weapons. Want Six Universal Commander stations while you're at it? Shesh.

Focus on making sure the consoles trades are fair. Not on gimme gimme. Getting more players to support a FULL Klingon faction. Not this horse pucky they are passing off now. Some of this All for us, none for them, or us against them mentality I read turns me off from wanting to even use my Klingon. (Yes, even more then the poor state of affairs the faction is STILL in)
Empire Veteran
# 116
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Why am I posting here? Just gonna repeat the same stuff I have posted in carrier threads, Fed cloak threads, Fed battle cloak threads, Fed Orion costume threads, universal BO stations on all Fed ships threads, Fed BoP threads, Fed "Klingons are OP in PvP and do too much damage" threads... on and on ad nauseum.

I sincerely hope that Feds won't have universal BO stations ships. That would be quite a retarded decision from PWE
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Last edited by notapwefan; 09-05-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 117
09-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemorgan View Post
Bio Neural Warhead...I don't recall a Klingon ship in the Delta stealing it. Yet they have them.
I do not think I've ever seen a Klingon fighter. Seen Fed ones, yet some Demanded the Feds never get a Carrier. It's a staple of Klingon.........Since when??

Targeting sub systems. Feds do it all the time. When a Klingon was ordered to target engines, he blew up the ship. A lucky shot. I do not recall them ever extending shields. When did one ever use a tricorder? So I guess they shouldn't have any of those as they are FED staples.

Get it yet?

The SMALL GROUP of you that are stomping your foot and Demanding to be given more balls while refusing to share the ones you have. Really? You expect the Annoying lock boxes to have a Klingon only Console pack now? That's right up there with Demanding a True science vessel, just with more hull points, 4 forward and aft weapons, and not limited to only beam weapons. Want Six Universal Commander stations while you're at it? Shesh.

Focus on making sure the consoles trades are fair. Not on gimme gimme. Getting more players to support a FULL Klingon faction. Not this horse pucky they are passing off now. Some of this All for us, none for them, or us against them mentality I read turns me off from wanting to even use my Klingon. (Yes, even more then the poor state of affairs the faction is STILL in)
There is at least one fallacy in this argument.

Edited to add:

I'll deal with at least two when I get home from work. Unless someone beats me to the punch that is.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.

Last edited by piwright42; 09-06-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Career Officer
# 118
09-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Well, the two fallacies I can think of immedeatelly are these:

Klingon Tricorder in Star Trek 3:

http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/...-Tricorder.jpg

We can also see Uhura and Chekov using a Klingon Tricorder in Star Trek 4:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/231...3115h07m07.png

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2...3115h25m33.png

assuming anyone wants to make some dumb joke about their performance or anything.

The second gunner that Kruge used in Star Trek 3, managed to Target Subsystem Engines correctly so kilemorgan intentionally ignored that fact since he/she obviously saw the third film.
Not to mention the gunner managed to do that with a torpedo which is probably a whole lot more of a challenge than using a beam.
Commander
# 119
09-06-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemorgan View Post
Yes, there is only the one good argument for not allowing a lock box trade of the plasmonic leech console, and that can be addressed by making it and the maco shield mutually exclusive.

If Cryptic adds the Plasmonic Leech Console to a lock box then people will think that box is less of a ripoff and there will be some who spend 20 or 30 dollars on lock box keys just to get it. It's a cost effective no-brainer as far as the business goes and so it will happen. Still, that doesn't mean we shouldn't get some enjoyment out of watching certain KDF posters wax on philosophic about how the developers have taken everything from the KDF. They won't mention who gave everything to the KDF to begin with of course.
Commander
# 120
09-06-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Well, the two fallacies I can think of immedeatelly are these:

Klingon Tricorder in Star Trek 3:

http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/...-Tricorder.jpg

We can also see Uhura and Chekov using a Klingon Tricorder in Star Trek 4:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/231...3115h07m07.png

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2...3115h25m33.png

assuming anyone wants to make some dumb joke about their performance or anything.

The second gunner that Kruge used in Star Trek 3, managed to Target Subsystem Engines correctly so kilemorgan intentionally ignored that fact since he/she obviously saw the third film.
Not to mention the gunner managed to do that with a torpedo which is probably a whole lot more of a challenge than using a beam.
I think you missed the point of his "True Science vessel but with more hull, 4/4 weapons, and not limited to beams" hypothetical.

I read it as being disgusted by the idea that Klingons should get, not just a service-able science vessel, but that it should be more 'warlike' in ways that make it better overall.
Closed Thread