Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 366
# 21
09-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Sci heals are maybe a little OP on the ground, but then Sci-ANYTHING is really, really underpowered in space. Currently the only place in PvE (and PvP too, sadly) playing sci has sense is in ground missions. Because of it's heals. And then I doubt you say that heals are OP when sci uses them to help you.

Leave sci alone, they are already almost unplayable and nerfing their ground heals will erase them as a viable choice for anything in this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 185
# 22
09-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
I just saw a Sci Officer solo Armek on Elite.

Now come on, why are the Sci Kits so overpowered that a single person can solo an endgame ground boss by spamming their healing?

I think a nerf is in order.
No go away!

I hate ground combat in this game prob cause I'm so nooby at it lol but I can't take that dude solo on elite with any of my sci officers so if they nerfed the sci kits it would make it unfair for players such as my self.

Why should we get punished because a pro player can do better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
but then Sci-ANYTHING is really, really underpowered in space.
Sorry what, no its not it just depends how you build your toon. My fed Sci officer dps is rather crappy but its built for team support not dps however my Klingon Sci officer is more of an all rounder and can do some pretty dam big dps at times, check out the combat report in this screenie,

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/11...3C72B06311DD0/

Do you still think sci officers in space are underpowered with a 51k crit on a boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
Leave sci alone
Yep agree with you on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
they are already almost unplayable and nerfing their ground heals will erase them as a viable choice for anything in this game.
As for that statment you have some learning to do.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 78
# 23
09-06-2012, 07:54 AM
In stfs I'd much rather have a few well played tactical officers with me then science officers with the medic kit. Reason? I like to blow through stfs, not heal through them Soloing Armek is a pretty nice feat, but honestly a coordinated team can drop end bosses like that in SECONDS. That's right. And they don't need a medic to do it. They need tactical officers for they're amazing tactical initiative power combined with multiple ambushes. Also engineers can do pretty great damage in stfs as well.

In pvp their is this new weapon called the Compressed Cryo Launcher. Basically it's a pulsewave rifle(shotgun) that deals cold damage instead of energy damage like pretty much everything else. Why is that significant? Armor has ZERO cold resist built in. So sci medics, which tank using their health bar(armor) instead of shield bar like engineers, can get straight up one shotted by a well placed cryo ambush shot from a tactical officer. I actually switched to playing my engineer for a little while after that gun was introduced and i felt a lot safer, even though my tanking abilities aren't quite up to a sci's.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
# 24 for starters
09-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardocian View Post
I just saw a Sci Officer solo Armek on Elite.

Now come on, why are the Sci Kits so overpowered that a single person can solo an endgame ground boss by spamming their healing?

I think a nerf is in order. /10char


stop hatin'! you should be glad there was a good player on your team to solo ermak.....otherwise the rest of you scrubs laying down would spend the rest of your natural lives trying....


SO MUCH Qq'in and Hatin....if ya don't understand the games skill tree perhaps its best if you don't make ridiculous threads like this

ALSO...if you need help with your ground setup there is always someone willing to help

Last edited by darkemisary420; 09-06-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 25
09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
I just saw a Sci Officer solo Armek on Elite.

Now come on, why are the Sci Kits so overpowered that a single person can solo an endgame ground boss by spamming their healing?

I think a nerf is in order.
Please nerf the person that heals me!

I do not agree. Like others said. that is their point.

Please nerf Tac attack abilities! they always hurt me so much
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
# 26 Odd you ask for nerfs
09-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I play all 3 careers on my fed (my klinks for now only play one.. they were more useful that way before.. now not).. I find it odd you saw someone solo the boss and that calls for a nerf on their career. Is that because you can not perform the same with your toon's career? Or do you really feal that after all the horror of doing Cure Ground elite (which is a sight less horror than Infected ground elite.. ICK!) it should be prolonged by another half hour or hour of respawns and resets.

It's true a healer can "solo" that boss.. however it's not just "spamming heals" that kills him, the sci to solo has to also cause damage to the boss.. most times the sci is not "soloing" but holding aggro so that the insane boss don't wipe everyone, since the sci is the only one has any hope of surviving multiple attacks with a healer kit, it's a sci's job to put his body in harms way.

I agree with many posters that sci has taken enough nerfs and what they have should be kept if not imporved.. but look at it from the point others have put out.

Would it be ok if they nerfed medic but also nerfed operative, or enemy neutralization?

I think honestly there have been too many "player requested" nerfs, and some player caused ones.


BTW, this Thread is mis-titled.

"Could Sci Kits get a nerf?"

Should be "will you ruin everything in the game for everyone else so I can be coolest?"

Last note: I rarely use healing kit.. and it's the exact situation that you wish them destroyed for that I use them for.. otherwise it's Physicist... which I guess will be the next you'd like nerfed.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 366
# 27
09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
Sorry what, no its not it just depends how you build your toon. My fed Sci officer dps is rather crappy but its built for team support not dps however my Klingon Sci officer is more of an all rounder and can do some pretty dam big dps at times, check out the combat report in this screenie.

Do you still think sci officers in space are underpowered with a 51k crit on a boss?
I rarely play STFs as I do not like the inherent grind so I do not know if 51k on the boss is a lot damage or not. But from regular PvE content (and PvP) I can say one: whatever sci can do in space tac and eng can do better. Perhaps Klingon side it looks different, but for me since season 5 sci in space become more and more useless.

Quote:
As for that statment you have some learning to do.
Anyone have. And perhaps "unplayable" was too much, cause you can play them and be successful. I should say - outside of personal preference of science officer and blue color there is no real reason to play sci officer.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 887
# 28
09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
I use the Medic Kit exclusively on my main character, and I never seem to be able to heal my team-mates fast enough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 135
# 29
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
I usually rock either the analyst or physicist kit at the beginning of an STF and try to gauge the group's ability. If the players are self sufficient keeping themselves alive(hypos, etc..) then I keep going, but if I notice people are having a hard time, I switch over to the medic kit.

Question: Is it true that the borg medical analyzer kit drops in Terradome? I heard it does, but havent been able to find any confirmation.

As per nerfing Science, don't think it's needed, considering how impotent we are in space.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfbJLLbczs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 185
# 30
09-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
I can say one: whatever sci can do in space tac and eng can do better.
Lol no they can't, just because you can't play a Sci officer does not mean they are bad.

Sci Officers have a pacific set of ability's for a reason as do Tacs and Engys, to say that any one of the other classes can do the same as another in there own class but better is ridiculous.

And just as an example which is pretty much common sense is an Engy or especially a Tac can not match a Sci de buffs on enemy's the type that makes those other classes seem like heroes when it was the Sci who lowered the defenses of the attacking enemy to allow such dps.

The best teams on any mission are made up by mixed classes not just all of one or two types.

But if you want to believe a Tac can out heal a Sci who am I to argue....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:03 AM.