Captain
# 21
09-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
1. Starfleet uses Phase Cannons in that future. (just listen carefully and look at the colour of those beams)
The beams looked red and sounded like phase cannons, but keep in mind that we were viewing them through a window, with a distorted orange background. Alternatively, by the 26th century Starfleet was using a new kind of phaser that looks and sounds very similar to the 22nd century phase cannon.

Quote:
2. In that future the expanse encompassed a hughe portion of the Galaxy yet Enterprise destroyed the network that generates them so the expanse cannot exist.
Hence the entire future with its conflict cannot exist.
Unless, of course, the Sphere Builders decided to make more spheres.

Quote:
Not to forget: it's a generic mishmash of all the CGI ships that had available from DS9 and Voyager.
So they threw in all they had for good measure.
For all we know, those could have been player ships that traveled into the future.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 22
09-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I believe Cryptic isn't going to allow the C-Store T1s to be added as Fleet Ships. The last anyone heard was that CBS didn't want too much continuity contamination - it breaks the IP wall to have a TOS Connie fighting as powerfully as a Sovereign.

Yeah, it breaks the IP wall to have a 22nd century TOS ship fighting alongside t5th century ships...

But only if they're feddies. The Klinks have a T5 K'Tinga.
Ensign
# 23 good ships
09-04-2012, 06:02 PM
i wont mind if i had an wells class starship as seen in voy "revativity" or intrpid with borg mods like in voy "scopion"
Career Officer
# 24
09-05-2012, 12:39 AM
I would love to see more alien ships star fleet ships are all well and good but Andorian and Vulcan ships would be awesome also whats the deal with the warp nacelles protruding from the star fleet ships just screams target me and end my life the romulans have a good thing going with their designs u have to punch through alot of armor to get to their artificial singularitie gens base some ship designs from them

Always Recruiting Join us at http://temporalimperium.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 25
09-05-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The beams looked red and sounded like phase cannons, but keep in mind that we were viewing them through a window, with a distorted orange background. Alternatively, by the 26th century Starfleet was using a new kind of phaser that looks and sounds very similar to the 22nd century phase cannon.
Had that been the case the blue beams of the Shpere builders would not have been a clear blue.

Quote:
Unless, of course, the Sphere Builders decided to make more spheres.
It took 1,000 years and 78 or more spheres to form an expanse with a diameter of 2,000 light years.
It's impossible to create another expanse in such a short time period not to mention without anyone noticing it.

Quote:
For all we know, those could have been player ships that traveled into the future.
Point?
Ensign
# 26
09-06-2012, 12:17 PM
In that episode Daniels brought archor to the future to show him the battle when the builders try to invade and lose that is why they went into the past and tried to get the Xindi to destroy earth. He showed archer that the xindi where part of the federation.

So those are futer ships.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
09-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Yeah, it breaks the IP wall to have a 22nd century TOS ship fighting alongside t5th century ships...

But only if they're feddies. The Klinks have a T5 K'Tinga.

Only because the K'tinga was upgraded to be viable well into the TNG era (see also: several episodes of TNG and DS9), whereas the TOS Connie wasn't seen after TOS, and even the TMP Connie was mostly retired by the TNG era.

However, there is a T5 Excelsior, so that's something

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 28
09-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Had that been the case the blue beams of the Shpere builders would not have been a clear blue.
Maybe they were some other color and looked blue through the window? Or as I said, maybe it's a new type of phaser that looks like a phase cannon.

Quote:
It took 1,000 years and 78 or more spheres to form an expanse with a diameter of 2,000 light years.

It's impossible to create another expanse in such a short time period not to mention without anyone noticing it.
Keep in mind that the Sphere Builders exist in an alternate dimension. Who knows what they're capable of? There could be a reason they were expanding slowly during Enterprise.

And I don't recall a "thousand years" quote from the Xindi arc, though I could be mistaken.

Quote:
Point?
An attempt at humor.

Yes, there were a lot of ships there from the 24th century. But hey, in STO we're still using 22nd-century Vulcan ships! Who knows how things will work in the 26th century?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q