Empire Veteran
# 351
09-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Just when I thought things were busy enough for me, I got more piled on top. At this rate, I may never find time to play STO again. Hopefully I can get things in better balance / find a way to not have to do as much.

Considering it took me 2 days to find 2 minutes to make this post ... well, it could be a while.

Until then, make sure the Caitian Evil is still getting reduced while I'm gone.
# 352
09-05-2012, 01:30 PM
The foundry daily is once again giving 50 fleet marks and it looks like it is now permanently on.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91&postcount=2

/party.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Community Moderator
# 353
09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
That's sweet news Revo!
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Rihannsu
# 354
09-06-2012, 02:09 AM
I wanted to address an issue regarding the special projects (the ones that take fleet marks/doffs etc and last for 30 mins).

As we are hitting the upper tiers now things are going to start getting very expensive, and while the special projects are designed for large fleets to generate fleet credits quickly, I'm not sure the fleet is large enough to continuing using these effectively.

I don't believe there is going to be a shortage of projects that requite fleet marks/dilithium going forward and most of the other requirements like the consumables provide so few credits that its often not worth the hassle, plus they tend to just get in the way when the limited time projects turn up.

So if everybody agrees I think we should stop selecting the special projects. A fleet mail would need to go out to let everybody know but first I want to make sure people agree. If people feel that we are moving through them quickly enough and see the benefit of them then fine but I think they will start to hider us more than help from now on.

Can I have some of your thoughts please?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 355
09-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I wanted to address an issue regarding the special projects (the ones that take fleet marks/doffs etc and last for 30 mins).

As we are hitting the upper tiers now things are going to start getting very expensive, and while the special projects are designed for large fleets to generate fleet credits quickly, I'm not sure the fleet is large enough to continuing using these effectively.

I don't believe there is going to be a shortage of projects that requite fleet marks/dilithium going forward and most of the other requirements like the consumables provide so few credits that its often not worth the hassle, plus they tend to just get in the way when the limited time projects turn up.

So if everybody agrees I think we should stop selecting the special projects. A fleet mail would need to go out to let everybody know but first I want to make sure people agree. If people feel that we are moving through them quickly enough and see the benefit of them then fine but I think they will start to hider us more than help from now on.

Can I have some of your thoughts please?
I've thought this since day one. It hurts having resources go into a special project when slots 1-3 are open or about to open very soon. The special project slot should only be used for the featured project every 2 weeks now.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 356
09-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Special projects are here to generate a useless currency actually, since fleet credits have no meaningful use, except buying doffs you may use in the projects. The problem is that each project requires 600 fleetmarks, and that's something hard to get if you don't doff.

Also, I noted a MAJOR issue: slotting operational assets provisioning is a BAD idea. They require loads of specific doffs and reward 500 xp only. Op assets are everything but usefull anyway, so it would be nice not to get stucked for 4 or 5 days on them.
Republic Veteran
# 357
09-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I agree on the Special Procjects issue (Slot 5) we are neither enough active players nor do we have more than a handfull fleetmark grinder.
Its simply frustrating to see slot 5 being filled with marks for a laughable amount of XP while multiple other far more important projects are still idle, lacking just the fleetmarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Also, I noted a MAJOR issue: slotting operational assets provisioning is a BAD idea. They require loads of specific doffs and reward 500 xp only. Op assets are everything but usefull anyway, so it would be nice not to get stucked for 4 or 5 days on them.
The last one was a Relic from the shipyard grind, normally the queues are corrected within a short time if sensless projects are queued (buffs or operations) currently we have slot 1&2 construction&research (just 1 k XP) and on slot 3 alternating personal requisitions engineering/sci.

Btw:If desired i can offer ~3000 Fleetmarks from Non-Ferasan KDF alts when the Starbase comes up (i heard rumours that the base III will take a bit over 10k and several dozend green DOFFs).
Community Moderator
# 358
09-06-2012, 04:22 PM
No offence intended but I'd rather not have non-Ferasan's join the fleet simply to contribute to the fleet's Shadowcat Lair, this takes the opportunity to contribute away from actual Ferasan fleet members.

As for the matter at hand, I'm personally not seeing a problem as the fleet is intended to be a casual fleet, we shouldn't feel the need to rush anything. I feel there's no need to stop special projects all together, they're there as an option for those who want to contribute.

If someone feel the need to send out fleet mail on this topic, I would suggest sending out Shadowmail simply to provide information on the mechanics of the project system, the pros and cons of contributing to one project over another. It should be down to the individual Shadowcat member to decide which project they wish to contribute to out of the options the Shadowcat Elite and Shadowcat Master's provide.

Shadowmail with information on this topic that also explains the best ways to gather resources to contribute would be far more useful for the fleet, than simply preventing fleet members from contributing to special projects.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Republic Veteran
# 359
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm mixed on the issue. On the one hand, I'd hate for some people to get behind the curve when it comes to FC because they happened to not be online whenever a major project started (I think Tier III has a 7-day cooldown). So I can understand the desire to use that 5th project when the rest are unavailable.

On the other hand, I get where you are coming from.

We may not be a large fleet, but I've yet to contribute to a Tier upgrade. They were always filled before I got on.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 360
09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
No offence intended but I'd rather not have non-Ferasan's join the fleet simply to contribute to the fleet's Shadowcat Lair, this takes the opportunity to contribute away from actual Ferasan fleet members.

As for the matter at hand, I'm personally not seeing a problem as the fleet is intended to be a casual fleet, we shouldn't feel the need to rush anything. I feel there's no need to stop special projects all together, they're there as an option for those who want to contribute.

If someone feel the need to send out fleet mail on this topic, I would suggest sending out Shadowmail simply to provide information on the mechanics of the project system, the pros and cons of contributing to one project over another. It should be down to the individual Shadowcat member to decide which project they wish to contribute to out of the options the Shadowcat Elite and Shadowcat Master's provide.

Shadowmail with information on this topic that also explains the best ways to gather resources to contribute would be far more useful for the fleet, than simply preventing fleet members from contributing to special projects.
That would still leave 7k fleet marks for everyone to donate. 3k is barely a dent in these big requirements.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891