Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm leaning towards Tactical, but I'll happily hear thoughts. Note, for the most part, this'll just be for personal play, and Normal STFs, maybe a Elite or two once I get used to doing them, and so forth. What do you like to use with it+conjunction with what COmmander Boff?
Captain
# 2
09-04-2012, 02:47 AM
for PvE I'd say probably a tactical, they can use the science BOFF debuff capability and make up for science ships low capacity to do damage, so if it's damage you want go tactical, this does however take away from your ability to survive and support your fighters

if you want to make best use of the fighters go science, the dampening field works wonders science captains can also soften up targets for the fighters (sensor scan), this allows you to survive but it takes a lot away from your personal damage potential

if you want to make the most of it's shield capacity science ships can make good tanks with engineers allowing you to stay in a small fight, take a bit of damage and deal a bit of damage, it just lacks the team support of science but can't do quite as much damage as tactical

I'm afraid with my little use of carriers I don't know much about what to use for it's commander BOFF but I would suggest a gravity well as this will pull all your enemies together and deal damage to all when each one blows up

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, enjoy your ship
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Oh, I don't have a Recluse yet, God I wish I did, I'm just trying to get my concept straight in advance.
Captain
# 4
09-04-2012, 04:02 AM
fair enough
Commander
# 5
09-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Hey! I am a Tac who uses the Atrox. I think that Tac captain with a Sci Commander BOFF gives you the best DPS/Heal ship.

HE 1, TSS 2, Anything here, GW 3. HE 1, TSS 2, TR 2. With this as your Sci skills you can Tank anything. Then your Tac Captain skills plus TT 1. ( and CRF 1 if you have the Atrox.) You can deal great DPS, plus tank anything.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Any other people's experiences? Granted, I maybe have only 1/5 the cost of a Recluse, so I'm just curious. Only thing I dont like is that while FOMM for a tac captain is more powerful by some, its also, got, what, a 2x recharge time of Sensor Scan, and Sensor scan can get a damage debuff added by a doff.
Captain
# 7
09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Well in all honesty it matters what kind of carrier you want to be. Do you want to do work and have the fighters as support, or do you want the fighters to do the work while you support? Another option is do you want to be able to take a ton of damage and still survive (aka be up front and in the mix) or do you want to sit back and let your pets do the talkin whilst you heal everyone and play support?

That is how you decide which captain type to do it with. Tac captains usually dish it out HARD with their carriers while their pets are more of additional DPS and anti torp and enemy fighter protection. Sci captains let their pets do all the work whilst mind-#@$%ing their opponents and ruining their days with abilities. Engi captains can sit up front and get their rears whacked around and still be fine (due to passive damage resist and just the obscene amount of heals an engi can get), whilst science and tac will usually sit a little further back due to less sustain.

That's just ships in general. But as for carriers, that is entirely up to you, depends almost entirely on what kind of carrier you want to be. I know for a fact that kyle is a get up in your face carrier, and he runs cannons (man there are HUGE arguments in other carrier threads over this), and a lot of my friends who have carriers actually prefer to be support with their pets doing all the work. As you can see, it works both ways. So just decide and you're golden.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Commander
# 8
09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Haha, yes I am. I am a in your face DPS killer. I use the Atrox, which has a little better BOFF layout I think. I am a DPS/Tank. With have a Tac Captain and a Commander Sci you can do a lot of DPS and tank/heal anything the enemy has.

And yes I am one of the strongest supporters for cannons on carriers.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Well, since the odds of my getting a Recluse have dropped like a brick as of today, I'm going to again ask/beg/plead for anyone to help me get one. Tell you one thing, the char I make for said Recluse will go straight into your fleet and help out as best I can, guarenteed.
Captain
# 10
09-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Just build up EC, I am sure there are still a few out there for 140 mil
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!