Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 21
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I'll be honest, the poll wasn't exactly an easy one to single out. If I had to rank the choices, it would be like this:
  1. KDF Content
  2. Playable Romulans
  3. Foundry Improvements
  4. Featured Episodes
  5. Improved Crafting
  6. Improved Exploration
  7. Improved DOFF System
  8. More Rare Ships
  9. More Fleet Missions / STFs
  10. Improve PvP

I would like to see Playable Romulans, providing they give unique gameplay and not just another costume.

Foundry Improvements are widely needed and welcome.

Featured Episodes always adds new technology to the game.

Improved Crafting system is needed since it's practically useless.

STO needs REAL exploration, not some random mission generator that repeats.

Only thing with the DOFF system I like to see is more 8,12, 16 hour missions so I can do other things I want in the game.

Rare ships, most likely end up in lockboxes and costing massive ammounts of money (that I don't have), this is very low on my list.

Fleet Missions and STFs, I'm tired of grinding. Therefore low priority.

PvP - just please put it out of it's misery.

Last edited by azurianstar; 09-07-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 22
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I think they may have underestimated the power of the dar...KDF side lol.

At least it seems Cryptic don't want to do a rush job on those missing levels, and that is a good thing.
Captain
# 23
09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadieras View Post
Romulans!! Death to the Klingon Animals!!
You do realize that developing the KDF is essential to making the RSE faction, right? As I said before, I don't want a moldly and half baked RSE cookie throwing at me that's more useful as a ball and chain.
Lieutenant
# 24
09-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
We will take a lookt at Kerrat and see if the mission will allow us to communicate the map reset differently so that you don't de-cloak when the contact pops up.
While you are it, why don't you guys look into adding a second warp-in point. The fact that both factions warp on top of each other at map reset is one of the goofiest things in the game, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Not surprised to see KDF Conent in the lead (so far). Glad to see it, too. I wonder why people would ask for another playable faction when there is already one that is somewhat incomplete. Do we really want TWO overlooked factions? I know I don't. I want Cryptic to finish what they start before moving on to something new.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Mr. Stahl, in season 7, will there be more KDF-only missions? And any FED only missions?
Captain
# 27
09-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by framesplicerx View Post
While you are it, why don't you guys look into adding a second warp-in point. The fact that both factions warp on top of each other at map reset is one of the goofiest things in the game, IMO.
yes... the other thing that desperately needs looking into. That's the root of the spawn camps. But I'm not sure the devs heard me...

-pulls out megaphone-

*Make the factions warp in at their appropriate spawn points!*

Career Officer
# 28
09-07-2012, 02:44 PM
It is a shame you can only pick one. There is a few that I would like to see next year and some more things that are not listed, I like to see.
Rihannsu
# 29
09-07-2012, 02:44 PM
A really nice ask cryptic this month.

the poll was hard to choose (i literally want all of them developed) but the question was what do you most want to see and what i want to see most is a romulan faction. ive wanted it from the start.

i certainly want more KDF content, more FE etc but these are things we do already have and im sure will continue to be added naturally throughout the life of the game.

the romulan faction is something we dont have so id like to get them in. i fully accept and expect that they will be quite a small faction or somehow will get integrated into the other factions but for nearly 3 years all ive wanted is to fly a d'deridex. once they are in then they can develop the klingons or pvp or whatever to their hearts content.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Dstahl: Given the general feedback regarding the State of the Game blog, let me join you in missing the simplicity of the Engineering Report list of what?s being worked on. The trouble with the Engineering Report is that it is changes frequently as our tasks shift from item to item and so while it is for the most part reflective of what we are investigating or working on at the moment, it is only a snapshot of the bigger picture and would often mislead readers into thinking something being discussed was coming sooner than it was. If there is a format that will allow this level of transparency without causing frustration, then I?d be happy to field any suggestion. Also, I?ve forwarded your request to the software team to see if that is something they can squeeze into their backlog.
Here's a simple idea - have a list of all the things that are "on the table" listed by sections such as ships, maps, PvP, KDF etc. it can be color coded in a way that us trekkies would understand... Green=things that are currently being worked on for release in the near future. Yellow=things in the early stages of development. Red=Things that are NOT currently being worked on but on the table for future development... simple and with a disclaimer that all things are subject to change.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
Closed Thread