Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 31
09-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The probelm is, you are oversimplifying the issue. Whenever a Contact pops onto your screen which contains a button to click, this action causes the cloak power to turn off. If a content designer wants that NOT to happen, then they need to use a mini-contact that slides in with no button, and then it won't decloak your ship. So the fact is the behavior is working as designed in the editor, but designers could be doing a better job to communicate in the mission if there is a concern about decloaking. Without an understanding of the editor, this might not make sense, but that is why I'm urging that if you find a mission where you feel a contact can communicate via mini-contact instead of a full contact with a button, then send that in as a suggestion if you think that cloak is critical to that mission's gameplay. You can either submit a ticket, or post in this thread.
But WHY is it built this way? What is the fundamental reason?

If you want examples of groanable moments in cloak fail: pretty much any cluster mission that involves initial combat. I will warp in, get a ping from some one who needs help because of raiders, boom raiders appear. I clean them up, go to cloak. DING! Admiral So-n-so calls to tell you it's cool to engage the Alien raiders X, but that drops your cloak.

Same thing happens before you face the "final" Alien raider X in that same mission. You just finish off the 4 or 5 group and go to cloak- PING! Captain BadFace calls to tell you, you are toast... as your cloak is dropping.

I'm pretty sure cloaks didn't need to go down to send communications in the movies or shows.

Interacting with an object makes sense, but are you saying that the issue is that interactable objects/scans and communications are treated the same way? If so, can't one be flagged differently? I mean if you guys are even discussing a ROmulan Faction, then this kind of thing needs to be cleared up if you are expecting a whole ton more of cloaking ships in the game, IMO.

Side note- is it a bug or a feature that I can't see the interactable nodes in Kerrat when I'm cloaked? I have to drop cloak to see them eve before I can interact with them.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 32
09-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
A really nice ask cryptic this month.

the poll was hard to choose (i literally want all of them developed) but the question was what do you most want to see and what i want to see most is a romulan faction. ive wanted it from the start.

i certainly want more KDF content, more FE etc but these are things we do already have and im sure will continue to be added naturally throughout the life of the game.

the romulan faction is something we dont have so id like to get them in. i fully accept and expect that they will be quite a small faction or somehow will get integrated into the other factions but for nearly 3 years all ive wanted is to fly a d'deridex. once they are in then they can develop the klingons or pvp or whatever to their hearts content.
Who knows! Maybe I stacked the deck and we are really doing *ALL* of those things in 2013 (ha! that would be amazing...) Seriously though, this survey does help us prioritize and we do take it to heart, so vote like you mean it!
Career Officer
# 33
09-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Romulans are pulling ahead!

Semi-related: I like how the Romulan bar is in fact green.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Who knows! Maybe I stacked the deck and we are really doing *ALL* of those things in 2013 (ha! that would be amazing...) Seriously though, this survey does help us prioritize and we do take it to heart, so vote like you mean it!
This is absolutely not the way to prioritize anything. The only thing a poll like this tells you si what got the most votes. It does not in any way tell you what people want 2nd most, because there is no way to know what all the people who voted for the most popular choice would have voted for 2nd. The only way to actually know the order people want things in is to allow them to select the order, not to only vote for one thing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
looks like two clear winners so far romulans would be cool , but loads of people want the KDF done
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
# 36 tlhIngan maH!
09-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I think it's easy to guess which option I voted for.

I definitely want more KDF content, and that relates to all forms of content: PvE story missions (like Alpha mission); costume & accessory options (both free and C-store); ships; items & weapons (painsticks, mek'leth), etc. etc.

mataHmeH maSachnIS!
To survive we must expand!

Starfleet Veteran
# 37 Qapla' batlh je!
I've always been a harsh critic of some KDF players acting like the red-headed step children of STO.

That being said, starting a KDF character without having to play a Fed character would certainly help to level the playing field, IMPO. So that's where my vote went. Because it's unwise to ask for a new faction when the KDF isn't yet finished with content; content that could include the Gorn, Nausicans, Orions, etc. There's a wide field from which episode arcs can be created.

It would also give me more of a reason to play my dusty KDF character, even with Mission Replays. I love the stories!

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 09-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Rihannsu
# 38
I was thinking that also Of course we're pulling ahead, we start out cloaked from behind, decloak open fire and coast past the wreckage!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Romulans are pulling ahead!

Semi-related: I like how the Romulan bar is in fact green.
Captain
# 39
09-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Well, that's for once a good thing to hear. It seems you guys are doing more communicating in this thread than a whole week.

Speaking of which, when you bring out the next lock box (I know it's a when and not if) make it good like the Tholian one and don't just pelt us with Cardassian box crap.

So, um... keep up the good work... I guess...

Cryptic Studios Team
# 40
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthurts View Post
This is absolutely not the way to prioritize anything. The only thing a poll like this tells you si what got the most votes. It does not in any way tell you what people want 2nd most, because there is no way to know what all the people who voted for the most popular choice would have voted for 2nd. The only way to actually know the order people want things in is to allow them to select the order, not to only vote for one thing.
Relax! We actually have a pretty good idea of what we are already doing and as much fun as this poll is, it is only representative of a small portion of our user base. There are many more players who will never vote on this poll. We take all of that into account as well as the huge amount of data we have on the back end when prioritizing our business.

Not to say that this poll is meaningless, it does help us confirm our internal priority order, but it is not like this poll is dictating the master schedule. It is you voicing your concern over what is need most so we can ensure we're on the same page. So far, the voting is almost entirely what I expected (with the exception of Exploration)
Closed Thread