Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
# 171
09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I would laugh if they did something like an Ablative Generator/Barrier Field Generator requisition pack.
Career Officer
# 172
09-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I would laugh if they did something like an Ablative Generator/Barrier Field Generator requisition pack.
Ablative Armor, MACO shield, Plasmonic Leech, multi tactical consoled universal slotted T5 science ship with extra RCS and inherent buff to turn rate.......hmnnn,,, sounds like the next C-Store Fed ship.

Yeah, that's right.
Captain
# 173
09-07-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm sick of cross faction consoles on both sides and sick of all these stupid gimicky z-store consoles in general. The less people that have access to any of these consoles the better.

I wish Cryptic would rely more on having neat ship designs and good/unique BOff and consoles layouts to sell z-store ships rather then all these stupid consoles that ruin the game.
Lieutenant
# 174
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
Ooooor... give them the console, and give us access to MACO gear via Account Binding it all...
Yeah do this at least if you want things fair and square!
Lieutenant
# 175
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
Ablative Armor, MACO shield, Plasmonic Leech, multi tactical consoled universal slotted T5 science ship with extra RCS and inherent buff to turn rate.......hmnnn,,, sounds like the next C-Store Fed ship.

Please no....

I would like ships that it was the ship design and not it's special consoles that stood out.
Lieutenant
# 176
09-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnyndicate View Post
Yeah do this at least if you want things fair and square!
Speaking specifically to this console. Sure. If they are really going to do that then switch both.

Perhaps before it gets out of hand there should be a general consensus on what should be unique and what should be general. Something that the majority could agree to then maybe the Devs would consider it before any such trades.

I'm bored so perhaps I'll open that can of worm.
Empire Veteran
# 177
09-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I'm sick of cross faction consoles on both sides and sick of all these stupid gimicky z-store consoles in general. The less people that have access to any of these consoles the better.

I wish Cryptic would rely more on having neat ship designs and good/unique BOff and consoles layouts to sell z-store ships rather then all these stupid consoles that ruin the game.
I couldn't agree more. In fact I often feel consoles should be in-built abilities for ships, for end-game ships and then it would give more advantages to play a particular ship that might not have quite the Boff set-up your looking for, due to the built in bonus similar to what the Guramba, Excelsior and Galaxy X has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Ensign
# 178
09-08-2012, 06:56 AM
lol feds get plasma leech?

We are supposed to get content not to share content.....
Captain
# 179
09-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Ah, one of these threads again. Filled with people hopelessly parroting the op, an utter and total lack of research (where does it say feds are getting leech? it doesn't. But I saw a guy say they were getting it surely. Where did he see it? He saw a guy who saw a guy who saw a guy who... this information is random speculation with no basis in fact.

Now, sure, it's a possibility that the feds will get it in a cross console pack- it's always a risk. But Cryptic isn't going to stop doing the cross faction console packs, nor do I want them to.

But if they're going to be taking our best and coolest consoles then could we at the very least get something good in return? I'm fine with the cross pollination of technologies- especially because given that not everyone has Z points, you'll end up with fed ships with klink consoles and *without* fed consoles, because those are more affordable to them- and you'll end up with the reverse on the klink side- although to a much lesser degree because two out of three of the fed consoles we've gotten are total crap.

We have the Impulse Capacitance Cell. It's cool to play around with for about five minutes- but you rapidly learn that it's total garbage and takes up a slot that used for literally anything else would be better.

Then you have the disruptor point defense system. Yes, this can demolish swarms of fighters or kill frigates. So can a single Hargh'peng torpedo. With a three minute cooldown it's really something that won't get very much use and doesn't provide much of a benefit at all.

The only fed console we've gotten that I actually find consistently useful and fun to have is the photonic displacer. It's a very good, very underrated console that provides a unique and useful boost to the KDF, and one that they're suited to take advantage of much better than the feds are. While I've seen the occasional fed displacer stealth attack build, KDF are- and I honestly hope- always will be better at it.

The displacer is great. with it, even with the lengthy cooldown, any stealth/cloak capable ship can pretend to be a bird of prey, decloaking for an attack run, and then vanishing from combat into stealth while leaving a decoy behind. I've used it in both structured and unstructured pvp and it's a great choice- and it's a shame that fed players almost universally dismiss it as garbage.

Cryptic is, ultimately, going to go where the money goes- and even if the vocal majority on the forums quit, there'll still be a lot of KDF players who keep playing the game- demanding unilateral action on Cryptic's part on our behalf is absolutely ridiculous and none of you can seriously expect that they'll just stop making money to give us unique and powerful gear and neglect everything else. (and don't you start on the "We just want parity" crap- we both know that whenever Cryptic releases something balanced for parity for both sides you guys start up with the whole "Cryptic gives the KDF crap" spiel- you want stuff that's better than what the feds get, as if to make up for KDF being neglected but really just because you want better stuff full stop)

What we really ought to do is make a list of consoles we believe would be acceptable for cross faction console boxes- make suggestions as to what to keep and what we could give up.

But this thread is already too much of a ridiculous hate-fest, so I'll go do that elsewhere.
Empire Veteran
# 180
09-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Ah, one of these threads again. up.

But this thread is already too much of a ridiculous hate-fest, so I'll go do that elsewhere.
Ah, one of these posts again that offers nothing to defuse the thread but just throws more fuel to the fires. Thanks for stopping by.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Closed Thread