Lieutenant
# 1 My VoQ
09-07-2012, 03:14 AM
ive been working on my klingon character as a side project for quite awhile now and ive finally reached max lvl and starting to do stfs. hes a klingon engineer in a Vo'Quv carrier and i was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on this build as its my first ever engineer in my first ever carrier. i use him mainly for dilith grinding and occasional stfs and hes meant to be a tank. thx for the feedback in advance

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...build=stoVoQ_0

CONSOLES:

eng- borg, SIF, neutronium

sci- Field gen, particle gen, grav gen, disruptor PDS

tact- 2x disruptor induction

Weapons:

fore- 2x disruptor beam arrays quantum torp
aft- 3x disruptor beam arrays

GEAR:

borg deflector (eventually)
borg engines (eventually)
KHG or OMEGA shield?

Hangar:

B'rel BoP (should i get the advanced BoP or a diff dilith hangar?)

Last edited by bespin18; 09-07-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-07-2012, 03:33 AM
The build at STO academy is good. Still, fire at will 1 is useless and there is no big difference between Tac teams 1 and 2. So I would put Tac team 1 at ensign and High Yield 2 at Ltn.
Shield is definitely KHG.
Put electroceramic or tetraburnium console instead of SIF.
You should get advanced versions for hangar as they do more dps.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-07-2012, 03:48 AM
i usually use FAW1 as an aggro grabbing tool, but i do see your point although i have to say i hate having torps on this thing >.< turns toooooo slooooooooooooow, was thinking about possibly a DBB up front instead and maybe beam overload?
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
09-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Turnrate doesn't matter much in stf, all you have to do is to find good spot and shoot. Beam overload drains power which cause dps drop after.
Also, if you are going to use bops, you should get quality flight deck doffs to cut their long cooldown.
Lieutenant
# 5
09-07-2012, 03:31 PM
well if im going to run 2 torp spreads and basically park, should i put turrets on my aft? and how many flight deck officers should i use?
Captain
# 6
09-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Good to see more Engineers instead of Sci captains in Voquvs, they are much more suited to the ship.

I run a very similar build on my Voquv, almost all the same eng and sci skills, although I use 6 beams and no torp instead. The Voquv turns bad and you barely have any points in torps anyway, I think you would be better off like this too. This will also allow you to tank better by being able to run TT1 and TT2, and more damage with FAW 3.

I use 2 Bro'tlh BOP refit hangars, it seems like the highest dps overall well worth the price.

Not sure if you are interested in pvp with that ship, but if you are you could train that Lt sci officer in feedback pulse 2 and 3 and switch him to the cmdr station for pvp since you wont need repulsors and GW so much there, then switch the other BOff back for pve without having to retrain anyone, thats what I do. Makes you even more tanky when people are scared to shoot at you lol.

Looking at your consoles I run less part. and grav gen consoles then you and more armor and shield consoles, but I guess you need them since you have no points in particle generators and no honor guard deflector which buffs all your sci skills a lot. 2pc HG would work good (deflector and shield), with 2 pc borg.

You have max hull repair already so maybe a extra neutronium or monoantium might help more then sif gen.

FAW3 is a pretty good point defense system on its on so maybe you could run an extra field generator or grav/part generator console instead there.

Last edited by marc8219; 09-07-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7
09-07-2012, 04:14 PM
how in the worl do i get FAW3 as an engineer? the wiki says only tact captains can train it and ive yet to find a way to get it
Captain
# 8
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespin18 View Post
how in the worl do i get FAW3 as an engineer? the wiki says only tact captains can train it and ive yet to find a way to get it
You can trade BOff to other player who can train it. Just unequip all the items the officer has then drag it to the trade window.

I'm at work right now so can't get in game right now, but if you still haven't found anyone to train it in 5 or 6 hours try pm me @marc8219 I should be on then and have a KDF tac who can train it.

Also remember to do the same with a sci captain who has 6 points in grav generators so he can upgrade your grav well 2 to 3.

Last edited by marc8219; 09-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespin18 View Post
Just ask in chat if any Tac Captains will train it for you. Someone will. If you don't find anyone in chat, I believe one of my toons can do it. Contact me in game.

@crustymac

Last edited by crusty8mac; 09-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-07-2012, 05:31 PM
My Vo'Quv build.

I built this for STFs, but I take it into PvP too. I have a beam version and a turret version. I'm still tweaking both versions. Here is my turret version:

STF turret version

Front weapons: 3x disruptor turrets
Back weapons: 3x disruptor turrets

Borg Deflector
Borg Engine
Klingon Honor Guard Shield

Shields batteries (Mine is rechargeable)
Deuterium
Subspace Field Modulator
Heavy Disruptor Turret Satellite

Eng Consoles:
SIF Generator
Assimilated Module
Neutromium Alloy

Sci Consoles:
Field Generator x2
Plasmonic Leech
Isometric Charge

Tac Consoles:
Disruptor Coil x2

Hangars:
Advanced Power Siphons
B'rotlh BoP

Tac BO: TT1, CSV1, CRF2
Eng BO: EPtoS1, AuxP2SIF1, DEM2
Sci BO: PH1, ES1, TSS3, GW2
Sci BO: HE1, SciT2

DOffs:
Warp Core Engineer
Technician
Flight Deck Officer x2
Gravimetric Scientist

Some notes:

-You will want to work towards the highest level, highest quality Borg weapons you can get.
-If you aren't going to use this for STFs, then you will want to get other than Borg weapons.
-The devices are really up to you and aren't that important.
-You will want to work toward the highest level, highest quality consoles you can get.
-The nice thing about this build is that it handles most any situation that comes up in an STF, and provides counters to all the Borg powers.
-Because there are no torpedoes, there is no need to spec in them. If you just have to have a torpedo, get the Hargh-peng.
-For serious PvP I drop the Isometric Charge and add either Particle Generator or Flow Capacitor.
-You will want to try keep other hangar pets for different situations.
-Looks like I haven't tried hard enough to upgrade to GW3

For my beam version I only make a few changes:

All beam weapons, of course.

And the Tac BO runs: TT1, BO2, BFAW3

Last edited by crusty8mac; 09-07-2012 at 05:40 PM.