Lieutenant
# 21
09-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I had installed Raptr the night before the patch. It worked fine after installation. From everything I can tell, Raptr is only providing an overlay to the game and keeping track of your computer's running applications/processes to tell if you are running a game that it keeps track of. I don't think that Raptr has anything to do with the connection issues but I removed it from my computer before I reformatted and it didn't seem to help.

I've just finished installing STO. The only other things I've installed since the reformat have nothing to do with the game and have all been on my computer prior to the reformat. Patching now. Once I'm back in the game I'll report back with any updates.

Last edited by draco0167; 09-07-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Ensign
# 22
09-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurga View Post
Same issue here.

I had a perfect connection, until the September 6, 2012 update with it's "General server stability updates", now I'm getting unplayable lag when I'm not getting the "Server not responding" message instead.

Perhaps connected to this "Raptr" thing?
I am having the exact same problem as yourself. It started last night for me and has gotten worse and worse as time goes on, now I can't even get past the character select screen because it times out and kicks me back to the login screen. When I did get in I was immediately hit with the "Server not responding" message and it just kept going until I closed the game. Game was fine for me until last night when I got into the Omega Leonis Sector and then all hell went loose.
Ensign
# 23
09-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Having same issues. After patch. Getting disconnects... Gameplay isn't happening.
Ensign
# 24
09-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I have to chime in myself; this is my first post in the forums.

I've been experiencing (only since the last patch) all of the same 'stagger-stop', disconnect issues all of you are. I uninstalled the game and am currently waiting for it to reinstall ad patch up. It is brutal and have no clue what is going on. I've run pings, forced patch etc. Last time I experienced this was the last week of the first run of The 2800.

What disappoints me most is that they usually within the immediate 24-48 hrs after patch, will patch it up again to resolve issues of the newest patch; I haven't seen any indication that they are going to do this. I hope a PWE official will chime in on this.

Edit P.S. If STO could have an official, immediate *Priority* Known Issue page, I for one would feel better about all of this.

Last edited by ortizi; 09-07-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Ensign
# 25
09-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Count me as one that is unable to play STO anymore. As with the rest, no problems up until the latest patch. Internet connection is the same it's always been, firewall is the same, no other system changes have been made. Removed and reinstalled STO and the problem is worse then it was before. I completed four missions while lagging and rubberbanding and now I can't move at all in the game.

I guess I will check back in a week or so and, if not resolved, dump STO. Sure am glad I have been able to resist the urge to put any real money into it so far.

It sure is odd how everyone posting here so far has a join date from the last few months.

Last edited by michigansheriff; 09-07-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Ensign
# 26
09-07-2012, 04:53 PM
you guys are wrong i have this problem too and i have 781 days of gold
now its disconnect after 5 mins of play
Lieutenant
# 27
09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Well I've patched up. The loading screen when I chose my character took about 15 mins and kept freezing up on a 'Patch'. Once loaded, I'm getting the staggered "Server Not Responding" messages and can't do anything.

I have found that staying at the fleet starbase (Since there is low/no traffic from other players) doesn't have any issues at all after they've loaded. But it's a pain in the ass to get there.

Because I have actually fully reinstalled Windows, along with the game and video drivers, etc. I'm going to say that this is something Cryptic is going to have to resolve and that it's not something that is on our end. I'm just not sure why it's only happening to certain locations/accounts.

Edit: I'm still on the loading screen showing a "Server Not Responding" for the last 450 seconds. I'm closing down to relaunch. But the issue does seem to be getting worse.

Last edited by draco0167; 09-07-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Ensign
# 28 Constant Server disconnects
09-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Thought I'd post here too along with the ticket I just sent in. I too have been having continued every few seconds of server not responding and disconnects for approximately the last 14 hours. Talking with other people in game, others are having this issue as well. Hopefully PWI will eventually see there is an issue with more people sending in tickets and posting here to look into the problem and get it fixed. I'm a lifetime member, so that's not the issue of lifetimers not having this problem. It's obviously happening to a lot of people and most just not sending in tickets or posting about it.
Captain
# 29
09-07-2012, 08:07 PM
I occaisonaly get "disconected from server" or the red "server not responding" timer when my internet connection is perfectly fine and with my firewall turned off so I know its nothing on my side since I will still be on teamspeak the whole time with high ping and I'll stream a video or something just to make sure my connection is still fast.

If this is due to server capacity issues perhaps the devs should consider changing the auto logout time for AFKers to 30 mins or maybe even 15 mins, it should help a little at least.
Ensign
# 30
09-07-2012, 08:34 PM
exact same issue here. Big red SERVER NOT RESPONDING timeouts. Its making me crazy