Ensign
# 31
09-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I can't even get into game long enough to send a ticket about this issue. This is so stupid I mean is this going to be like the early version of ***? I mean is PWI not testing these patches before they throw them up?
Lieutenant
# 32
09-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Something that was suggested to me was to disable the on-demand patching from the launcher options. This started a ~6 gb patch but after that the problem still exists. Just thought I'd make sure you guys were aware so you didn't have to sit through 6 gigs of a download.
Lieutenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkinto View Post
exact same issue here. Big red SERVER NOT RESPONDING timeouts. Its making me crazy
What is happening?
The game is once again unplayable.
I'm a lifetime Gold subscriber and have the same problems as any silver. Very democratic and very unplayable.

It makes me a Sad Panda...
Lieutenant
# 34
09-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hederick2011 View Post
I can't even get into game long enough to send a ticket about this issue. This is so stupid I mean is this going to be like the early version of ***? I mean is PWI not testing these patches before they throw them up?
In-game tickets are for GMs and there is no option to discuss connection issues. In this case you will want to submit a ticket here: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
Ensign
# 35 Until the last patch...
09-08-2012, 02:29 AM
I've never had connection or lag issues. Sure, the occasional lag spike that might make me rubber band on ESD every blue moon but other then that, great. Until the last patch. Now I'm laggy as hell, getting randomly Dc'd (assuming I make it past the log in screen) and getting these red, server disconnected messages at the top of the screen constantly which interrupt play.

I did a force verify on my files, ensured I had on demand patching disabled, verified that the launcher and client were exceptions in the firewall, tried connecting via proxy, reboot my pc, performed a hard reset on my RG, still the same issue. I don't know what "upgrades" you put in, but if you could un-upgrade it or put in a fix I would appreciate it. It seems I'm going to be unable to play until you do.

FYI: Every other online game I play still runs great. The issue is with STO and "only" STO.

Edit: I've now also tried updating my drivers and running sto as admin and still nothing has changed.

Last edited by fanboy3k; 09-08-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Captain
# 36
09-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboy3k View Post
I've never had connection or lag issues. Sure, the occasional lag spike that might make me rubber band on ESD every blue moon but other then that, great. Until the last patch. Now I'm laggy as hell, getting randomly Dc'd (assuming I make it past the log in screen) and getting these red, server disconnected messages at the top of the screen constantly which interrupt play.

I did a force verify on my files, ensured I had on demand patching disabled, verified that the launcher and client were exceptions in the firewall, tried connecting via proxy, reboot my pc, performed a hard reset on my RG, still the same issue. I don't know what "upgrades" you put in, but if you could un-upgrade it or put in a fix I would appreciate it. It seems I'm going to be unable to play until you do.

FYI: Every other online game I play still runs great. The issue is with STO and "only" STO.
This is exactly my situation. I've never had a problem until this last patch. The rest of my internet is running smoothly, but STO is unplayable. Literally, there is so much lag that ships just sit there frozen on screen, then all the lag catches up in a split second and I'm dead.
Empire Veteran
# 37
09-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigansheriff View Post
It sure is odd how everyone posting here so far has a join date from the last few months.
Join date is from the last few months because they changed the forums a few months ago and screwed everything up.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Notch me up as another "Server not responding" casualty.
Ensign
# 39
09-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Got booted again just now. I logged in, updated some doff assignments, checked on fleet stuff, everything seemed fine....but then I got into an STF and immediately after warping in, the rubberbanding started, red SERVER NOT RESPONDING text, and a disconnect.

This is working my last nerve. Can we PLEASE get a dev response on this issue? At the very least let us know if tech support is aware of the issue. If this keeps up much longer, im going to want a refund for all the C-store stuff I bought that is unusable now.
Ensign
# 40 STO ship sinking
09-08-2012, 12:11 PM
I have to throw my hat into this "pile," too. The latest patch hosed my connectivity to STO. Everything else internet related works fine on my PC, including GW 2 and Secret World, but STO is chalk full of "Server Not Responding" messages. I haven't seen anything posted from Cryptic, either. Not exactly encouraging.