Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
09-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Keep posting in here, keep making tickets.
Whatever you can do to be more visible.

If possible add some screen shots showing how bad it is?

It doesn't matter to me if the ship came from the c-store, ranking, or a gift like the 2nd anniversary. Care should be taken to make sure it is complete or else you look like a company that doesn't care about it's product.
Captain
# 22
09-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Good idea, kilemorgan. I just took these in the ship tailor.

The first pic shows a Galaxy, using Type 3 Windows and Type 2 material. The saucer and neck are from the Venture; however, when they were added, the hull component reverts to Type 1 windows, no matter how many times you try to change it back.

The second pic shows the same as above, but now the only Venture part used is the neck, which has the correct windows, unlike the rest of the ship.

The third pic shows the missing windows underneath the Venture saucer; these windows are missing regardless of the window type selected.

Last but not least, there's the fact that the saucer isn't lining up correctly with the neck; the top of the saucer is too tall, and needs to be lowered to match properly.

Cryptic, PLEASE take care of this. We're not asking much, especially since we already paid you for this thing.
Captain
# 23
09-13-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm not seeing anything about this in today's patch notes, and still no replies. Come on, Cryptic...

Last edited by aethon3050; 09-13-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
09-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Another week and another bug report. It's very annoying not even getting a reply from someone about it.
Captain
# 25
09-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Cryptic, could you just send me the model you're using for the saucer? I'll fix that part for you, for free. Seriously. I just want the damned thing fixed.
Commander
# 26
09-19-2012, 11:04 AM
If you can get them to fix the windows, can you get them to fix the misaligned phaser lance on the dreadnought as well? Oh and the lance completely covers the NCC registry for the ship also, that'd be a great fix. I would think this would take a person all of 10 minutes to fix.

Better yet, maybe we should create a thread with every single graphical glitch that we can find in this game and show them this is what we want fixed. Small stupid things like this break immersion and the simple fact that they were never fixed shows that Cryptic just doesn't care.

Well, looks like this is already created and stickied at that. However, due to the forum change, the posts can no longer be edited to make changes to what needs to be fixed.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=163481

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.

Last edited by daiouvegeta2; 09-19-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Captain
# 27
09-21-2012, 03:37 AM
Hey, look! Another patch, and it's still broken. Bet ya didn't see that one coming.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
09-21-2012, 03:32 PM
The problem with the off center lance is it wouldn't be a ten minute fix. That's a model error. Meaning they would have to rebuild the saucer model, retexture the skins to fit the new model, and then update all of the instances of that model in the game. Even fixing such a 'simple' issue with a model is a six or seven hour job at the least. Until the starship models themselves are updated for higher graphics cards and such, the off center lance will stay.

Which is a tragedy in itself. Unfortunately this is the same with the 'hump' on the Venture saucer. Rebuilding the model is very time and resource intense.

Mirroring the bottom of the saucer's texture patterns and rebinding the windows isn't. Anyone with access to the tools and dev rights could update the saucer window textures in fifteen minutes. That's just laziness.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
09-27-2012, 07:14 PM
And here we are for the next weekly episode of 'New patch, and we're completely ignored again'.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
10-25-2012, 11:21 AM
It's been a month and there's still no reply to either my bug reports or the forum thread. Either fix the windows or mirror the missing windows. Either fix is fast and easy!