Lieutenant
OK - I have 4 device slots (wish I had more). I seem to do best with a hypo and shield charge, and ya gotta have a tribble (don't you?). So that only leaves 1 slot. If you are fighting Borg, that is taken by a remodulator. Do people use the power cells? I don't notice "weapons malfunction" much (PVP only?). I like to use my final spot for Ophidian Cane or Shard of Possibilities. Is there some better configuration? You don't get to swap them around much when you are being hounded by baddies, so I need a good set-up I can just leave there.
Commander
# 2
09-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Which ever one makes 2 more of you is great. the remod is not needed if you have a 2 piece of M.A.C.O. ground.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Captain
# 3
09-07-2012, 08:00 AM
My slots are normally:

Large Hypo
Shard of possibities
Fleet/Cryo tribble
Large weapon battery/Horta ally <- handy for arggoing/hurting borg on Infect Ground Elite

Before i have my Omega/Maco/Honor Guard

Reodulator
Cryo/Fleet Tribble
Large Hypo
Shard of possibilities
Captain
# 5
09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
The ophidian cane, the shard of possibilities, the thing that puts a ring around you and turns you ghostly blue (I forget it's name, the posts look like transport enhancers) and a health tribble. Though when fighting the Borg missions, I gave the ring enhancer thingy to my second officer and put a remodulator in.

Being an Engineer, I'm also well equipped with seeker and service drones, turrets and mortars. With doffs to get extra ones of each of them in. While everyone is busy shooting at all this random crap I've spawned, my boffs go in and shoot them to pieces.

Obviously this is only pve. I don't pvp.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Regardless of anything else, I always use Large Hypos on the ground. If using a tac, I also use Large Power Cells, if needed, a remodulator, and one spot for whatever I feel I need. Usually a pet, but sometimes another healing item.

One thing I LOVE, are Personal Combat Modules, they are awesome pieces of work. And Team Combat Modules, can save some serious skin if the person using them is good with them (goes double for a science specced into Medic). The health and shields booster, for yourself or your whole team can act as a 'full cure' across the board.

Community Moderator
# 7
09-07-2012, 04:49 PM
I tend to carry:

Large Hypos
Large Energy Cells
Large Shield Pack
Combat Pet.

If I've got MACO kit on I swap out the shield pack for something like the cane, orb fragment or the like.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 8
09-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Tribbles are way over rated, not really necessary since the bonuses they give is so small. I use large hypo, shard of possiblities, immunosupport nanite injector and either a collective static grenade or shield charge depending on the character during STFs. If you don't have an integral remodualtor use the spot for the shield charge or static grenade for it a remodualtor. Or just farm 60 EDC and but mk X ground set by doing elite space before you do ground, much easier that way once you have integral remodualtor.
Career Officer
# 9
09-08-2012, 02:30 AM
1. large hypo (everyone should have no matter what.. even sci's)
2. gambling device --> if you don't have omega or maco set you can swap for a remodulator after you use it and keep the buff
3.ophidian cane
4.shard of possibilities

the stats of the gambling device totally destroy any tribble buffs.
http://www.apogeeinstitute.net
Captain
# 10
09-08-2012, 04:42 AM
None whatsoever.

I'm carrying Shard of Possibilities, Remodulator(if needed, otherwise Triolic Pattern Enhancer), Fleet Tribble, and Ophidian Cane.

On my 3rd character I use Remodulator, Fleet Tribble, and two placeholder slots.

Edit: To explain the first sentence: I rarely remember to use any of it outside the Remodulator.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.