Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Remember about a year ago when the cloak broke and Dan said "we have to go map by map to fix it, will take a long time but it will get done" and now he says "oh it was always meant to be like that" this really makes me mad as a KDF player who uses cloak i Kerrat.

Ps. This is my first post in over two years I though i need to expose this lie, as if we don't remember.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I would be careful as to being too hyperbolic. The mods are delete happy today.

but yeah, the answer was not satisfactory
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfbJLLbczs
Career Officer
# 3
09-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted74 View Post
I would be careful as to being too hyperbolic. The mods are delete happy today.

but yeah, the answer was not satisfactory
The answer is a straight up FALSEHOOD, is what it is.

Yeah, that's right.
Community Moderator
# 4
09-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I hate to say it, but I agree.

I remember this appeared and was 'oh, sorry that's a bug, we'll get right on it'

Then it went to 'yeah, this is actually hard to do'

and it's moved further away since then. Moving goalposts It makes the cloak pretty much useless really.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Ensign
# 5 Not Happy
09-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I agree with all the posts here.

I totally agree. I fly mostly FED, but also KDF sometimes, and I hate this.

I am cloaked in my defiant ready for an alpha, and boom, I get de-cloaked, and same with KDF.

I am already unhappy with this game, and this just makes me more mad. I am moving silver cause I am not happy enough to pay for this game.
Playing since: Feb 2011.
Career Officer
# 6
09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm actually quite happy with the state of affairs regarding cloak. Literally THE WORST character class in any MMO is the one that can cloak or otherwise go undetected/invisible. They're always exploited (in the "this is allowed" sense) to the maximum, and become an overpowered irritant.

In STO, this isn't the case.
Commander
# 7
09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Don't you mind this cloak problem. Remember, last chance for tholian lockbox coming up!!!
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I really don't see the decloaking issue as an issue, personally.

But that may be because I don't stay cloaked 90% of the time. I don't see the reason to do so, even with the cloak's benefits.

I'm not saying I support the answer, but it doesn't mean I'm against it either.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 9
09-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
I really don't see the decloaking issue as an issue, personally.

But that may be because I don't stay cloaked 90% of the time. I don't see the reason to do so, even with the cloak's benefits.

I'm not saying I support the answer, but it doesn't mean I'm against it either.
If you flew a Brel or any other BoP, which rely on BC due to weak hull, shields, less consoles, and BO stations you would understand the reason this is an issue.

Yeah, that's right.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
If you flew a Brel or any other BoP, which rely on BC due to weak hull, shields, less consoles, and BO stations you would understand the reason this is an issue.
That's just it though: I DO fly a BoP, which you'd know if you saw my 'First Time on KDF side' thread in Klingon Gameplay.

And I still don't see the issue. That thing flys and tanks well enough in PvE, and that's all I need.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.