Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 11
09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I dont know how I feel,

If this is how cloaking is going to be now (your boff foolishly leans on the 'drop cloak' button when he rests his elbows on a console full of buttons that might shoot a torpedo at an ally, while whispering to you), I can live with it, i mean its standard for me when a match ends in ker'ret im always ready to dump and engine battery and evasive the hell out of a tight spot (fed and kdf) because I've gotten used to it being that way.

But if what has been said about the way this problem was handled the.. (its broke, its hard to fix, screw it this is how it works now) approach is indeed true then I'm a bit disappoint. :/
Career Officer
# 12
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
That's just it though: I DO fly a BoP, which you'd know if you saw my 'First Time on KDF side' thread in Klingon Gameplay.

And I still don't see the issue. That thing flys and tanks well enough in PvE, and that's all I need.
Ah, well if you are a PVE'r, it probably isnt too much of an issue for you then. But, if you are like me, and only PvP in this game you'd know where we are coming from.

Yeah, that's right.
Career Officer
# 13
09-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I dont know how I feel,

If this is how cloaking is going to be now (your boff foolishly leans on the 'drop cloak' button when he rests his elbows on a console full of buttons that might shoot a torpedo at an ally, while whispering to you), I can live with it, i mean its standard for me when a match ends in ker'ret im always ready to dump and engine battery and evasive the hell out of a tight spot (fed and kdf) because I've gotten used to it being that way.

But if what has been said about the way this problem was handled the.. (its broke, its hard to fix, screw it this is how it works now) approach is indeed true then I'm a bit disappoint. :/
This was/is a bug that we have been told would eventually be fixed, and it is NOT working as intended. The whole "Its working as intended" thing is just a lazy cop out.

Yeah, that's right.
Career Officer
# 14
09-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylantrinidy View Post
Remember about a year ago when the cloak broke and Dan said "we have to go map by map to fix it, will take a long time but it will get done" and now he says "oh it was always meant to be like that" this really makes me mad as a KDF player who uses cloak i Kerrat.

Ps. This is my first post in over two years I though i need to expose this lie, as if we don't remember.
I do remember this, I think it was cop out to suggest it is working as intended, I feel and have stated that the most recent assessment was deceptive, and a cop out to fixing the issue.
Career Officer
# 15
09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
This was/is a bug that we have been told would eventually be fixed, and it is NOT working as intended. The whole "Its working as intended" thing is just a lazy cop out.
This is another one of those cases where the initial comments about it being a bug were something I said players weren't reading closely enough.

The bug was specific cases where it happened.

Claok is not intended to allow people to get the jump on or avoid storyline content. That's what Cryptic said two years ago. Everytime I cited that, people said I was crazy and that that was a bad design.

But this is really the first time Cryptic commented on the overall design in two years.

Prior to this, every comment was about specific cases where it happened... and now we just have Dan explaining WHY the focus was on specific cases.
Career Officer
# 16
09-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
This is another one of those cases where the initial comments about it being a bug were something I said players weren't reading closely enough.

The bug was specific cases where it happened.

Claok is not intended to allow people to get the jump on or avoid storyline content. That's what Cryptic said two years ago. Everytime I cited that, people said I was crazy and that that was a bad design.

But this is really the first time Cryptic commented on the overall design in two years.

Prior to this, every comment was about specific cases where it happened... and now we just have Dan explaining WHY the focus was on specific cases.
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say here.... But, I do know this...this was acknowledged as a bug and it WAS going to be fixed <eventually> Regardless of "story" or "avoiding story" that is irrelevant in a place like Kerrat. Even still, we have been told from the beginning that they were aware of this issue and that it was not working as intended and even promised an <eventual> fix.

Yeah, that's right.
Career Officer
# 17
09-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Ah, well if you are a PVE'r, it probably isnt too much of an issue for you then. But, if you are like me, and only PvP in this game you'd know where we are coming from.
And how often do dialog pop-ups disrupt your cloak in PvP?
Career Officer
# 18
09-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
And how often do dialog pop-ups disrupt your cloak in PvP?
All the time.

Yeah, that's right.
Captain
# 19
09-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
No it's a blatant lie. That's what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Dan was on STOked long ago said it was a bug in one of the earlier episodes and its was not even a issue in the early days of sto the cloak worked fine contacts would not decloak your ship at all