Ensign
# 41
09-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Well, I did a force verify and the lag seems to be gone for now. However this is after updating drivers, unplugging everything else on the network and 12 reboots had no effect.
Ensign
# 42
09-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkinto View Post
Well, I did a force verify and the lag seems to be gone for now. However this is after updating drivers, unplugging everything else on the network and 12 reboots had no effect.
I am clean no lag thanks . After being able to play for 5-10 mins with lag like hell. Now been playing for 30 mins after force verify worked for me smooth game play.
Captain
# 43
09-08-2012, 07:43 PM
What is Force Verify and how do I do it? I'm still getting lots of lag to where any type of combat is completely unplayable.
Ensign
# 44 To force Verify....
09-08-2012, 08:14 PM
once you have the launcher up, near the top right corner, click options. check force verify then click ok. next, log in, at this point the launcher should appear to be patching/checking your files. this will take awhile.
Ensign
# 45 Still unplayable....
09-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I've now tried updating my drivers and running sto as admin and still nothing has changed. I'm a vet of over 500 days and never had an issue till this last patch. I'm canceling my subscription. If one day they resolve this and I can play again, I'll come back, but I'm not paying for a game I can't play. gl all

Edit: Tried setting up new rules for port 80 in adv firewall settings to allow launcher and client thru. no change. I give up, I've exhausted all options.

Last edited by fanboy3k; 09-09-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Captain
# 46
09-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately, force verify did not solve my issues. I did manage to play a PvP without any lag, but traversing from one sector to another is where the problem seems most prevalent. It's as if each sector has a different amount of lag. Some sectors will be unplayable and I'll even get disconnected from the entire game while in the sector or in the loading screen for the sector. Other sectors seem to be lag-free. And then others will have lag only sometimes.

Edit: Just tried another PvP and it lagged like crazy. Completely unplayable. I even relogged, but it didn't solve the problem.

Last edited by skurf; 09-08-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Ensign
# 47
09-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I just logged in after a year or so hiatus and was having a crap ton of fun, asking myself "Why the hell did I leave this game in the first place? Oh yeah... [SERVER NOT RESPONDING]". This was an issue back when rubberbanding was pretty prevalent (for those of you that remember). It's discouraging to see threads that date back to the middle of the year and connection is still a problem. I had a more reliable connection playing on the US server from the middle east. When I got to NY that's when the SERVER NOT RESPONDING message reared its ugly head and I threw my arms up and said "I quit". Now I'm in Hawaii and the old friend came by for a visit. I'm really kicking myself that I re-upped my sub before playing longer. I hope they address this issue. This is the last MMO I've got before I give up entirely on the genre.
Ensign
# 48
09-10-2012, 10:31 AM
This issue is getting progressively worse every day.

Right after the update, I could at least move around and pick up doff missions. Today, it took half an hour to just start moving.

Can only hope that this issue is being worked on, because patience is wearing thin. It shouldn't take five days to fix a game-breaking issue like this.
Ensign
# 49
09-10-2012, 11:56 AM
there seems to be 2/3 of servers are bad it always happen logging in or changing zones i wonder if pay to play or lifetime have these lag or if its just free to play, at this point i know its not our net its there servers
Career Officer
# 50
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
ima lifetimer had 3 random lost connections from game server while playing a couple foundry missions

Last edited by kerayu12; 09-10-2012 at 12:43 PM.