Captain
# 281
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Alright, got two for you. Both... are on the long and dialog heavy side. Considering you'll be digging for all the dialog... uh... really long. Like, I have no idea how long it will take if you go through all the trees for both these mission.

Play through for both of these missions range from 1hour to 3 hours depending on dialog choices so, I'm not sure at all how that will translate for you.

Are you still interested? I have no idea how long your current list is and would hate to throw something like this on you if you would not want to sift through mountains of text.
Starfleet Veteran
# 282
09-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Interested in looking at my contest entry?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=379991
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Mission Title: The Darkness between the Stars
Your @Handle: Marhawkman
Faction: Federation
Level Requirement: 31+
Mission Summary: The Federation has detected weak signals coming from a ship floating through deep space. The signals don't match any known race. From what we've been able to gather the ship is derelict and drifting in deep space. We need you to intercept the ship and examine it to determine if it is safe for us to study.

This is mainly a story driven mission but it does have some combat.

So what did you guys think of it? Be honest, don't worry about hurting my feelings.
Hey Marhawkman,

Thanks for the review request. You are at the top of the queue. I've been in Florida for work this past week but finally got home today. I will start this mission first thing in the morning.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Starfleet Veteran
# 283
09-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
Alright, got two for you. Both... are on the long and dialog heavy side. Considering you'll be digging for all the dialog... uh... really long. Like, I have no idea how long it will take if you go through all the trees for both these mission.

Play through for both of these missions range from 1hour to 3 hours depending on dialog choices so, I'm not sure at all how that will translate for you.

Are you still interested? I have no idea how long your current list is and would hate to throw something like this on you if you would not want to sift through mountains of text.
Go ahead and submit the missions. I have 1 mission in the queue from markhawkman and I plan to start on that one in the morning.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Captain
# 284
09-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Mission Name: The Computer's Daughter
Author: XR-377
Minimum Level: 16+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HAX922V0C
Estimated Mission Length: 1h - 3h
Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post

And:

Mission Name: The Computer's Son
Allegiance: Klingon
Project ID: ST-HL3FLRFGD

They're long... moreso for you. But, you may actually be one of the people who see's the full depth of what I put into it. Good luck. You will not loose respect points if you chicken out on it.
Captain
# 285
09-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:

And:

They're long... moreso for you. But, you may actually be one of the people who see's the full depth of what I put into it. Good luck. You will not loose respect points if you chicken out on it.
In my opinion, they're good maps, really fill in each other's gaps storywise. Also, why does Icai remind me of Barclay but with a tattoo and silver hair (and maybe changed color)?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Empire Veteran
# 286
09-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Hey Evil70th, could you add my last mission to your queue? I know you'll give me some good feedback on it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=5645591

This post for the delivery method will be perfect. Thank you!

Also, if you have any idea why the first players find it average I'll be glad to hear why. Is it too long? Does it require more optional stuff and more dialog options I really don't enjoy adding? Does it need more or more challenging fights and less dialogs?
Rihannsu
# 287
09-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Well.... Honestly, it was great. It doesn't have the "wow" factor that Kirk and Pendra's do but it certainly wasn't bad.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 288
09-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:

And:

Hey XR-377,

Thanks for the review requests. Both missions are in the queue. Your mission "The Computer's Daughter" is 2nd in the queue followed by "The Computer's Son," currently 3rd.in the queue. I hope to get started on them this morning following the mission submitted by markhawkman.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Starfleet Veteran
# 289
09-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Hey Evil70th, could you add my last mission to your queue? I know you'll give me some good feedback on it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=5645591

This post for the delivery method will be perfect. Thank you!

Also, if you have any idea why the first players find it average I'll be glad to hear why. Is it too long? Does it require more optional stuff and more dialog options I really don't enjoy adding? Does it need more or more challenging fights and less dialogs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Mission title: The Twilight of the gods
Author: @diogene0
Faction: Fed
Level Requirement: 16+
Mission Summary:

A Starfleet transport shuttle crashed on Pico VI. This planet is extrelemy hostile. Starfleet Command orders you to send a rescue team to look for survivors. According to your chief archeologist, your sensors indicate that this planet used to be the homeworld of a prosperous civilization. This might be a good opportunity to learn more about it.

This is a story-driven mission with some challenging fights.

Light on dialog choices and optional stuff, the purpose of the mission is to tell a story and to provide immersion with maps you'll hopefully find good enough.

40-45 mins.

Preview:
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/20...0904235406.jpg
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/86...0905000034.jpg
Hey diogene0,

Thanks for the review request. Your mission is now 4th in the queue behind XR-377. I am starting on the queue this morning and will post your review here as soon as I have finished it.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
# 290
09-09-2012, 08:44 AM
I'd like you to try out my latest effort:

The Inner Darkness
ID: ST-HLP235DKL
Faction: Starfleet
Level: 31+
When a retired ambassador undergoes treatments for his rare, degenerative neurological condition in the Briar Patch, your presence is requested to provide a security detail against the combined threat of the Na'kuhl and the Ekosians. However, the greatest threat may prove to be within.

Caution: This mission may be on the long side and a touch controversial for reasons that may become apparent. No foul language or anything.