Ensign
I received a call this morning from my Bank telling me that the company that governs micro-

transactions for PWE (Moneybookers London) HAS BEEN HACKED.

Apparently at about 7am PST, A large number of accounts routed through Moneybookers and PWE had their account information comprimised .

SO if you players out their do not want to have your bank accounts closed LIKE I HAVE ...
DO NOT MAKE PURCHASES THROUGH MONEYBOOKERS OR THROUGH PWE ON THEIR WALLET SITE.

If you have to, make your purchases via in game store ... or not at all ... or contact them and ask like I did ... only to get no answer.

It would have been nice to hear this from PWE ... but I guess they either didn't know or didn't care.

Maybe its time to use a different service.
AGAIN DO NOT USE MONEYBOOKERS !!! THEIR ACCOUNT PROGRAM HAS BEEN HACKED!!
Ensign
# 2 Zen Store Account Hacks !!!
09-09-2012, 10:05 AM
I received a call this morning from my Bank telling me that the company that governs micro-

Apparently at about 7am PST, A large number of accounts routed through Moneybookers and PWE had their account information comprimised .

SO if you players out their do not want to have your bank accounts closed LIKE I HAVE ...

If you have to, make your purchases via in game store ... or not at all ... or contact them and ask like I did ... only to get no answer.

It would have been nice to hear this from PWE ... but I guess they either didn't know or didn't care.

Ensign
# 3 Zen/c-store Account Hacked!!!
09-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Apparently at about 7am PST, A large number of accounts routed through Moneybookers and PWE had their account information compromised .

Career Officer
# 4
09-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Moneybookers is like Paypal in that it's a way for people to directly purchase items via the internet. It's no more 'officially' run by, or tied to PWE then paypal is - and it's had its share of hacks and scams (just like Paypal) over the course of its run.

Here's a Wikipedia entry on the service:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneybookers

Hacks and scams just plain suck, period.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Community Moderator
# 5
09-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I suspect someone, somewhere is trying to scam you. If you have any concerns I suggest you file a billing support ticket via the support portal. This said I don't believe this company has anything to do with PWE and as far as I can tell is not listed on the PWE website anywhere.

Please consider this thread close.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Closed Thread