Ensign
# 541
09-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandorzadoc View Post
I have noticed that a lot of you have been experiencing problems opening the launcher application. You receive errors when the launcher is attempting to update. Here is a method that I have discovered that has allowed me to resolve this problem on multiple different systems.

First locate the actual game application file. On a Windows 7 system it is located here:
C:\User\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient ? this is the actual file

Open the file and it will open the STO client

DO NOT log into your account

Then Open the Launcher

It should then process the update on the Launcher and allow you to Play

Please post a response if this works for you too.
at the new sto inst. is no gameclient. damn
Lieutenant
# 542
09-09-2012, 01:06 PM
But whatabout those (like me) who got the game through Steam???
Ensign
# 543 Interesting...
09-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Damn. Nearly 500 posts in less than a month and not a friggin word from PWE about the issue. These guys are worse than my ISP at giving out info and providing customer support.

Just for giggles, what ISP are the people having trouble with STO using for internet access. I wonder if any connection could be made with that info. I'm using Time Warner Cable outta central Texas.
Ensign
# 544
09-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandorzadoc View Post
I have noticed that a lot of you have been experiencing problems opening the launcher application. You receive errors when the launcher is attempting to update. Here is a method that I have discovered that has allowed me to resolve this problem on multiple different systems.

First locate the actual game application file. On a Windows 7 system it is located here:
C:\User\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient ? this is the actual file

Open the file and it will open the STO client

DO NOT log into your account

Then Open the Launcher

It should then process the update on the Launcher and allow you to Play

Please post a response if this works for you too.
I just tried this and all it pulls up is a window that says CrypticError: Oops!
Is there any other way of getting this to work? I am waiting on a response from Support to help. They had me do a tracert, find out my ip address and something else. From what I've read though is that nothing is going to do any good.
Career Officer
# 545
09-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt728 View Post
I just tried this and all it pulls up is a window that says CrypticError: Oops!
Is there any other way of getting this to work? I am waiting on a response from Support to help. They had me do a tracert, find out my ip address and something else. From what I've read though is that nothing is going to do any good.
When they had you do the tracert, did it stop responding after going through Congetco's Boston 6 router? (leaveing the rest of the route unresponsive?) If so the only thing you can really do is refer to my earlier post about having to change IP#'s ( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...352481&page=48 )
Career Officer
# 546
09-12-2012, 06:50 AM
The whole point is we shouldn't have to be resetting ip addresses etc. this was never an issue up to a few months ago, so what did they change and mess up? And why are they so reluctant to acknowledge and fix it? I was able to stay in game after I got it up and just left it running for 5 days then got knocked out last night and can't get back in again!
Ensign
# 547
09-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannon3 View Post
The whole point is we shouldn't have to be resetting ip addresses etc. this was never an issue up to a few months ago, so what did they change and mess up? And why are they so reluctant to acknowledge and fix it? I was able to stay in game after I got it up and just left it running for 5 days then got knocked out last night and can't get back in again!

i agree, we shouldn't have to...

but... ill try it if it might help hope is dying slowly

anyway, since this issue is seems to be far from over, i've started logging 'working' and 'not working' ip's:

77.176.80.71 *not working*
77.176.82.107 *working*

yes, i could not connect some days ago...
haven?t tried today though...
Lieutenant
# 548
09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannon3 View Post
Who knows, I won't be back though, its taken so long my ticket solved itself twice. First time I complained now its just screw it they obviously don't give a rats arse about us.
Haters hate what they can't do - which is everything outside of hatin' - Kevin Smith
Ensign
Having the same problem that just started yesterday afternoon. I tried running the tracert command with the same results. There server does not answer. Their other sites I cannot connect to just the same, the same ones listed many times in these threads. Going to try calling up Cable One and seeing if I can get a new IP address. If that does not work then I have no ideas either. I cannot connect to the sites on either my XP or Win 7 machines. It obviously is an Internet issue and not related to software on either machine.

Spock2@onemorespock
Survivor of Romulus
# 550
09-15-2012, 03:30 AM
I can't log into the launcher. I keep getting this error:

Unable to authenticate: Couldn't even attempt account server connection.

Gotta love it.

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5