Captain
# 11
09-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westofjaneway View Post
I never saw a freighter in any star trek shows so I only have my imagination and I think crptic did a good job making my ship. If Star Fleet or the Klingon Empire made a fast acquisition of a Freighter for a mission and used it afterwards I am sure it would be upgraded to their standards. The computers look dated to me and the rust would have to go. Star Fleet would make it look "spic-and-span" and this makes perfect sense.

There's actually quite a few freighters and their insides shown in the trek series.

Gul Dukat captained one just before he 'borrowed' a bird of prey from the Empire. 3/4ths of that episode is inside the freighter.

Mayweather (ST:Enterprise) has an entire episode dedicated to him when he visits his freighter family (he was born and grew up in it) during his leave time.

Neelix's ship is a small freighter.

and I think Picard also has a couple of episodes where he's in one.

The only time a freighter was shown as 'clean' was the Federation freighter owned by Mayweather's family. All others were stanky places...kindof like inside a klingon ship.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-10-2012, 05:53 AM
i love my tuffli , infact when i won one trying to get a set of cannon doffs , i bought another 1 for my alt . absolute epic ship . infact my fleet moans im allways in my freighters doffing lol.
i want nothing to change about this ship it captures the feel of a run down cargo hauler perfectly .
i only have the time to run two characters effectivley =p. but i loved the tuffli so much i had to get another lol
Career Officer
# 13
09-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Gul Dukat captained one just before he 'borrowed' a bird of prey from the Empire
It's never stated just what happened to that bird of prey, is it?
Captain
# 14
09-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Id love to have the choice between the short styled Tuffli, the regular one and the extra long Tuffli in the ship tailor... that would be pretty cool.
Career Officer
# 15
09-11-2012, 02:49 AM
I bought a Tuffli for my crafter engineering toon, Seya.

It just made sense because this ship is so versatile. Everything is within easy reach and crafting is an absolute JOY! no more running back and forth like a headless chicken at Memory Alpha!

I love how you can easily switch ships too.

Ok it wont win any prizes for looks on the interior but hey...its a freighter

I love this ship, and it occupies more of my time than the other ships! lol

I too though wish I could customise the outside view along the lines of some of the other freighters you see zipping about in sector space. it does look cool in an Aegis set though!

I'm so impressed with the freighter that I am seriously thinking about buying another for my KDF Engineer.

If you see the "U.S.S. Seya's Venture" on your travels then give it a wave from a porthole
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster attitude upgrade - Installed *
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-07-2012, 03:01 AM
Heh.. I opened a few Reinforcement packs, got 2 Jem'Hadar attack ships, kept 1 on my main Fed and gave one to my main KDF, also got a Tuffi, it's pretty cool, I bought another one off the exchange today seeing as they're going cheap at the moment, due to the attack ship event. Haven't had a chance to use it very much, but it seems cool.

I heard some guy talking in zone chat about his friend being able to lure klingons on the ship planting phaser turrets taking them out and then being able to keep their BoP. Anyone know anything about this?
Lieutenant
# 17
11-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
The only time a freighter was shown as 'clean' was the Federation freighter owned by Mayweather's family. All others were stanky places...kindof like inside a klingon ship.

Theres a few shown in Enterprise - theres also an episode where Archer and co step in to stop an acting captain of a freighter starting a mini-war with the Nausicans. That was also shown as very clean (but damaged).
Commander
# 18
11-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanburch View Post
When will "Arucanus Arm" be added back to the Tuffli Transwarp Destination list?

It was somehow bumped from the list when "Fleet Starbase System" transwarp was added.

Does anyone know?
Arcucanus Arm was in my list this morning (11/07)

i like the freighter. i would not be against changes, but i certainly would not pay for any.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Captain
# 19
11-07-2012, 08:20 AM
By Grabthars Hammer, I need to get one it seems!
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene