Career Officer
I actually tended to use more stable objects for triggers all along but after hearing people talk about martini glasses under the floor, I decided to actually use them.

I was always a bit wary about them since they respond to physics effects and I've confirmed that twice today in a new mission.

What I found was that doing a great deal of fighting directly over a martini glass with certain mobs can displace the hidden martini glass that's under the floor.

So I went back to stable objects like round platforms.
Rihannsu
# 2
09-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Those can get moved? good to know. IIRC the real reason for martini glasses was that they're hard to see even if they aren't hidden in the floor. I've never tried using them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
09-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I actually tended to use more stable objects for triggers all along but after hearing people talk about martini glasses under the floor, I decided to actually use them.

I was always a bit wary about them since they respond to physics effects and I've confirmed that twice today in a new mission.

What I found was that doing a great deal of fighting directly over a martini glass with certain mobs can displace the hidden martini glass that's under the floor.

So I went back to stable objects like round platforms.
It's more stable than that volcanic flower thing that I was teaching, lol. I've used them a lot, but I haven't used them often on maps with combat. You are probably right.

Teach folks, if I'm misleading them, lol. Seriously, it's not too tough to make tutorials using fraps. Why have I been the only person misleading folks about martini glasses and volcanic flowers?
Career Officer
# 4
09-29-2012, 11:24 PM
For what it's worth, even though the martini glass can be moved by physics, the interact stays in the same place. Not sure whether that helps in any way or not, but it's just something I noticed.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.