Career Officer
# 11
09-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I try not to double post (I wish edits bumped the topic) but it looks like anazonda had posted a version of his sig here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=382561

Its not as up to date as mine, but feel free to use either. Its a bit funny that I got mine up the day before... lol.

As an update: Ive made a bit of progress on the 500x150 version of the sig in this topic. I dont plan on releasing it until I am fully satisfied with the basic design and layout, so that will take some time.
I have a few tweaks that have been bugging me (wich is why it's taking time)....

Most noteably, I want to make font layers switchable between Fed and KDF in an instant, and PS just dosen't want to play ball...

^^
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 12
09-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Swapping between font colours like that is easy enough. Use a colour overlay on the text layers, and colour the text normally with the text tool. Then users can toggle the effect for it. Thanks for the idea.

Im going to update my original post with this.

But now each of the 3 special text fields and the quote field have a colour overlay effect and can be swapped between Federation and Klingon font colouring.
Career Officer
# 13
09-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Swapping between font colours like that is easy enough. Use a colour overlay on the text layers, and colour the text normally with the text tool. Then users can toggle the effect for it. Thanks for the idea.

Im going to update my original post with this.

But now each of the 3 special text fields and the quote field have a colour overlay effect and can be swapped between Federation and Klingon font colouring.
Yea, but mine wasn't set up with that in mind, so the texts are spread across several layers, and the overlay is a tad twitchy (I want to make it a single click change).

Are you online?
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 14
09-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Yea, but mine wasn't set up with that in mind, so the texts are spread across several layers, and the overlay is a tad twitchy (I want to make it a single click change).

Are you online?
In STO? No, not at the moment.
Career Officer
# 15
09-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Thanks to everyone who put work into creating this signature for us to use. I had to graduate from MS paint to photoshop in order to figure out how to assemble it

Last edited by walkincrow; 09-10-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
09-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Well, I don't have Photoshop so I won't be able to enjoy this slick litle thing you've put together.

But very cool anyways.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 17
09-10-2012, 12:27 AM
I also don't have Photoshop but these are cool thanks for giving the people the option to do this
Career Officer
# 18
09-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Well, I don't have Photoshop so I won't be able to enjoy this slick litle thing you've put together.

But very cool anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
I also don't have Photoshop but these are cool thanks for giving the people the option to do this
Well you are welcome to give a shot at contacting either of us... we might end up having time to help you with that.

That said: My variant at least, is somewhat compatible with Gimp, so you can download that for free (its opensource freeware), and that will allow you to make your own.
Captain
# 19
09-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post

But very cool anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
You can certainly try GIMP or Id be willing to create a sig from the template for you. I only say that I cant guarentee it wont work in other versions or programs because I cant test for all of them reliably, and dont want people getting upset because it didnt work.

EDIT: Anazonda, Im jumping into STO, you seemed like you wanted to talk.

Last edited by amayakitsune; 09-10-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
09-10-2012, 03:11 PM
These are pretty cool...working on mine right now

Thank for the template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p