Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 90
# 1 Data and Enterprise E
09-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Maybe i have missed something, but what ever happened to the Enterprise E and Data as Captain...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,208
# 2
09-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenfelix69 View Post
Maybe i have missed something, but what ever happened to the Enterprise E and Data as Captain...
All I know is that Data was killed at the end of Nemesis, leaving only the much less able B4 in his place. In the special features of the DVD you can see the extra footage of the Enterprise E being repaired back and Picard still at the helm. That's where the film series ended and the JJ universe began. Hopefully we will see in a future real Trek movie what happened next and we can forget about the awful JJ bastardised version.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
# 3
09-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
All I know is that Data was killed at the end of Nemesis, leaving only the much less able B4 in his place. In the special features of the DVD you can see the extra footage of the Enterprise E being repaired back and Picard still at the helm. That's where the film series ended and the JJ universe began. Hopefully we will see in a future real Trek movie what happened next and we can forget about the awful JJ bastardised version.
The 2nd movie by JJ is being filmed as we speak. There are plans for a 3rd one also but just as the 2nd one wasn't set in stone, the 3rd may not happen. For what it is worth, I thoroughly enjoyed the latest Star Trek film. Looking forward to the one being filmed now and the planned 3rd one too. Been a Trekkie since I was in the womb listening to my mother watch TOS, nearly 35 years ago. Having seen every Star Trek episode and movie, besides all the animated series, I just do not understand why some hate the JJ film so much. I loved it.

As for Data, all we know from canon (novels/comics) is that the Enterprise-E and her crew, with Data as its Captain, were all lost and have not been heard from since. Also, B4 became data as Data's positronic pathways were downloaded into B4, resurrecting Data in B4's body or cloning him, however you want to look at it - this was in Nemesis. In STO, the Soong Foundation did this - so while the Data we know does indeed have the body of B4, he is actually Data now and B4 is no more.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]

Last edited by zebular; 09-10-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 649
# 4
09-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebular View Post
The 2nd movie by JJ is being filmed as we speak. There are plans for a 3rd one also but just as the 2nd one wasn't set in stone, the 3rd may not happen. For what it is worth, I thoroughly enjoyed the latest Star Trek film. Looking forward to the one being filmed now and the planned 3rd one too. Been a Trekkie since I was in the womb listening to my mother watch TOS, nearly 35 years ago. Having seen every Star Trek episode and movie, besided all the animated series, I just do not understand why some hate the JJ film so much. I loved it.

All we know from canon (novels/comics) is that The Enterprise-E, with Data as its Captain, were lost and have not been heard from since.
Novels and comics are not canon they are soft canon. Since star trek started as a TV show and movies, those are considered hard/true canon. Until said other vise. This is what I think.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,075
# 5
09-10-2012, 04:43 AM
i'm pretty sure it says on some of the "path to 2409" data pads that the enterprise e under the command of captain data went missing
Go pro or go home
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
# 6
09-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
Novels and comics are not canon they are soft canon. Since star trek started as a TV show and movies, those are considered hard/true canon. Until said other vise. This is what I think.
To each their own. For me, if it has been approved by CBS/Paramount to be written or directed, then it is canon. There is no soft canon in my opinion and such term is just the result of fans not liking some thing or another-- just like how some feel that the JJ movies or even STO are not canon.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]

Last edited by zebular; 09-10-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,276
# 7
09-10-2012, 05:20 AM
did not any one see picard talking to B-4 before the end of nemesis?

and ask for canon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_canon
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,208
# 8
09-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Personally I have never read a book or a comic, I have watched every show and every film since the very first one when I was 2 years old. For me the only Canon are the shows on the screen, even STO is not true cannon.

IMO the JJ film was a teriffic film for sure and i loved the setting and the characters, the graphics and models and even the story were good. But it ripped apart everything I ever knew and loved, everything from the very first Kirk episode was changed in his bastardised version, that's why Trek fans don't like it, it invalidates everything we have ever watched because now it never happened.

The idea to create an alternate universe showed a deep lack of understanding of the show, the stories and the reverence of the the franchise by the Fans. It was simply a way to make a fat load of cash from all existing fans whilst introducing new people to the genre, people who won't have a clue what's going on if they go back and watch the real Trek.

It was done to make money and nothing more, it has no real parentage, hence my term bastardised. JJ is not a ST fan, he makes good movies for sure but he doesn't care who 's dreams he shatters whilst doing it, all he sees are $$$$$$$

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,276
# 9
09-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
It was done to make money and nothing more, it has no real parentage, hence my term bastardised. JJ is not a ST fan, he makes good movies for sure but he doesn't care who 's dreams he shatters whilst doing it, all he sees are $$$$$$$
you are right about JJ not being a star trek fan he is really a star wars fan and why the movie played more like a star wars movie and even admits to being one in the special feature of the movie
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 553
# 10
09-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Star Trek Canon.

Gene Roddenberry (you know, the guy who created Star Trek?) doesn't consider any of the comics/novels to be canon. And yes, this includes his own books.

Besides, do you really want Shatner's books to be canon?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 PM.