Commander
# 11
09-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Hello people get back on topic, not about cannon about what the hell happened to data and the enterprise e
Career Officer
# 12
09-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanftd View Post
Hello people get back on topic, not about cannon about what the hell happened to data and the enterprise e
Well that's just the point. If you take the tv shows and the films as the ACTUAL canon then nothing happened, they were last seen having the Enterprise E repaired and Data had been killed. His memory engrams had previously been transferred to B4 and this obviously led the way open for Data to be "resurrected" but that idea has to date not been translated into another movie.

So Data is dead
The Enterprise is being repaired

next.............

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Commander
# 13
09-10-2012, 05:56 AM
My god answer the damn question without asking another question. Enterprise e and data gone and now enterprise f, proceed to fill the gaps please !!!!!!
Captain
# 14
09-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Read the STO novel The Needs of the Many. During the long war, Data was needed for the war, so B4 sacrificed himself to allow Data to surface in the body, B4 was then transferred to the Holodeck. Data was then given command of the Enterprise E, rescued Worf from Nero (In STO:Countdown), then shortly before 2409 (STO) the ENT E and Captain Data vanished.

See no need to discuss canon.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Career Officer
# 15
09-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
My god answer the damn question without asking another question. Enterprise e and data gone and now enterprise f, proceed to fill the gaps please !!!!!!
my god use google
Commander
# 16
09-10-2012, 06:03 AM
Yay I love you lol you gave us a straight answer lol
Career Officer
# 17
09-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
What are you talking about? The question is answered:

Data is dead, the Enterprise E is being repaired.

That is the last official canon we know of. If you want to fill in the gaps from then to now then go choose your media, or use google, or make it up if you like, who cares?

If you want to follow JJ's universe then be my guest, in that universe there may not even be a Data or and Enterprise E or anything else we grew up with and loved.

Captain
# 18
09-10-2012, 06:15 AM
In STO canon we don't know what happened to Data and the E. Cryptic has never told us - though DStahl has hinted that we will eventually find out. All we know is that the E was sent to investigate a starbase that wasn't responding and now we have the F with a new Captain. So in STO canon Data is either dead or captured (the E was destroyed), retired (he returned in the E and they decommissioned it), or captaining another ship that isn't the Enterprise (due to the E being destroyed or decommissioned).

Since Cryptic doesn't want to pay Brent Spiner a Likeness Rights fee (anyone remember DStahl joking about putting a $125,000.00 C-Store item out so they could pay Spiner) I'm betting on either dead, captured, or retired.

It's also important to keep in mind that Paramount owns the rights to the Enterprise E, as it was a movie ship, not a TV series ship. That means Cryptic needs Paramount's permission to use it in the game as well - though that's far easier to get then Spiner's rights.
Career Officer
# 19
09-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
In STO canon we don't know what happened to Data and the E. Cryptic has never told us - though DStahl has hinted that we will eventually find out. All we know is that the E was sent to investigate a starbase that wasn't responding and now we have the F with a new Captain. So in STO canon Data is either dead or captured (the E was destroyed), retired (he returned in the E and they decommissioned it), or captaining another ship that isn't the Enterprise (due to the E being destroyed or decommissioned).

Since Cryptic doesn't want to pay Brent Spiner a Likeness Rights fee (anyone remember DStahl joking about putting a $125,000.00 C-Store item out so they could pay Spiner) I'm betting on either dead, captured, or retired.

It's also important to keep in mind that Paramount owns the rights to the Enterprise E, as it was a movie ship, not a TV series ship. That means Cryptic needs Paramount's permission to use it in the game as well - though that's far easier to get then Spiner's rights.
You know it puzzles me why it should cost so much. Do the actors ask for that much, is it their agents or is it the Studios that owns the actors (in such a context) voices? I can't see it being the actors as I bet many of them would do it in exchange for a donation to a charity of their choice by Cryptic. Anyone know the answer to this?

Captain
# 20
09-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
You know it puzzles me why it should cost so much. Do the actors ask for that much, is it their agents or is it the Studios that owns the actors (in such a context) voices? I can't see it being the actors as I bet many of them would do it in exchange for a donation to a charity of their choice by Cryptic. Anyone know the answer to this?
The actors set their own fee rate. It's hard to say why it's so much. Some of its popularity and the actor wanting to capitalize on that popularity. I'm sure Sir Patrick charges several times more then Spiner. But it's also important to keep in mind that most Trek actors don't have a career after Trek and so the only money they make comes from royalties, convention appearances, and licensing fees. So they want to make all the money they can from those categories.