Republic Veteran
I played through Memory Lane by Bazag.
You can watch here and here. It's two parts because of the length.

Grading Scheme
  • Originality - If the mission is just a knock-off of another story, you lose a star.
  • Playability - If I cannot complete the mission due to a bug, you lose a star.
  • Language - If you somehow manage to bypass the language filter, you lose a star.
  • Offensive - If the material is overall offensive, you lose a star and get reported.
  • Bob's Choice - Do I think this was a good mission or a hack job? This is independent of the other four stars.

So make a clean, original mission and you get 4 stars right off the bat. The last star is up to me. My level of liking the mission is determined by my tip.

Dilithium Tip:
0 - Functionally, the mission is great, but I didn't like it.
25 - Several things about the mission bugged me but the mission was functionly fine.
50 - The mission was near perfections but it had something that tweaked me.
100 - This mission ought to be featured!
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Republic Veteran
# 2
09-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Just a reminder I did not take points off for spelling. I recognize there are a ton of English speaking nations and we all have different ways of spelling. I also didn't take off for grammar. I'll always point out where things could be tighten up, but I'm not a grammar Nazi. If the point is clear enough you'll get no issue from me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-05-2012, 05:35 AM
I think this would be a better place than the failure of youtube comments I tried to post.

First of all thanks for playing. I'm glad you enjoyed the mission.

I tried to draw elements from all over DS9. One of those was from the episode "Our Man, Bashir." where Dr Bashir and Garak do their James Bond Parody with the "Bridge Crew" played roles in in the Holonovel. The difference is the Holonovel is being controlled by the orb, the 'replacing' of characters was on purpose and not the 'Bridge Crews' physical resemblence. Maybe I should replace the holodeck's buffer with the Holodeck data matrix.

I'm not British but I am Australian and we do generally use British spelling. I say this only to inform people as to why I use superfluous u's and s's where there are meant to be z's for our American friends.

There are still however valid grammatical issues that Bob pointed out and I thank him for doing so as I now know where they are, what they are and how I can fix them.

FYI - That alien artifact that randomly appeared on the map is some kind of weird bug. That Alien thing has somehow become baked into the map and even though I had removed the asset the geometry associated with it still appears on the map at that trigger point. I hadn't bothered with it until now as I just didn't see it as important and it could be seen as some kind holodeck weirdness thanks to the orb taking over.

At the same time as the artifact triggered if you were looking behind you, you would have seen the explode. So that's something worth people playing the mission just to see that.

Regarding the amount of mobs. I wanted there to be a large amount of mobs that players could determine their own path through. Either finding a path with few mobs, which nemmy did when PodcastUGC played it. simply running through which bob did (TIP: Set your BOFFS to passive if you run. That will prevent your BO's getting embroiled in a fight and they will run with you) or simply fight your way through.

Similiar tactics can be used in the next map with running through or fighting but also as the last 4 groups have engaged Bajorans before seeing you it's easier to avoid the fighting.

Also as this wasn't clear in watching the video deciding to shift the rock and heal the hologram father is something that is optional. It is not a story objective in the normal sense but it does have story impacts. 1 another enemy mob is added if you do tr and heal and shift the rock as the time taken to do so allows for more cardies to enter and 2. it changes how the Vice Admiral feels after all this is ended. ie an optional talk with an NPC at the end of that map changes depending on what you did earlier in the map. There are three paths. Bad, Good and Very Good. Won't give the exact details as to what the requirements for getting these paths are but they should be easy enough to figure out.

Oh, one last thing you commented on a couple of gameplay elements. Interacting with the crate. Good idea. As for the discussion on the Bridge. I originally had the Cargo Bay 4 scene and then another seen in the interior (though not on the Bridge) of your ship. I found that while it showed the progression from deep space 9 to ship It didn't quite work as I wanted with 2 maps one after the other where the only objective was to talk to the Vice Admiral. It slowed things down with unnecessary map transfers. And so instead I split the elements of the second between the first Cargo Bay map and the second map's at warp elements.

I think that's every little bit of response I had to the video. Apart from saying thanks to you, Bob, for taking the time to play my mission, record it, for providing the feedback that you did and uploading it. You provided constructive feedback and thoughts on how the mission can be improved and I appreciate that.

Cheers, Baz.

Last edited by bazag; 09-05-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 4
09-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I enjoyed it! Another Foundry mission will be played this weekend for release on monday. Stay tuned for more details.
Career Officer
# 5
09-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I'd like you to try out my latest effort:

The Inner Darkness
ID: ST-HLP235DKL
Faction: Starfleet
Level: 48+
When a retired ambassador undergoes treatments for his rare, degenerative neurological condition in the Briar Patch, your presence is requested to provide a security detail against the combined threat of the Na'kuhl and the Ekosians. However, the greatest threat may prove to be within.

Caution: This mission may be on the long side and a touch controversial for reasons that may become apparent. No foul language or anything.
Republic Veteran
# 6
09-10-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'd like you to try out my latest effort:

The Inner Darkness
ID: ST-HLP235DKL
Faction: Starfleet
Level: 48+
When a retired ambassador undergoes treatments for his rare, degenerative neurological condition in the Briar Patch, your presence is requested to provide a security detail against the combined threat of the Na'kuhl and the Ekosians. However, the greatest threat may prove to be within.

Caution: This mission may be on the long side and a touch controversial for reasons that may become apparent. No foul language or anything.
I'll give it run this morning... assuming Medicom has their internet fixed.