Captain
# 11
09-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by studleydoo View Post
Not sure if anyone else notice this problem with the exchange, but I noticed if I put large ticket items (over a million cost) such as a lockbox ship on the exchange for amounts exceeding a million, it doesn't appear on searches. For example I put a lockbox ship out for 50 million and it didn't appear on searches. I put a fleet ship module up for 2 million, it doesn't appear on searches...as a result...no buyers. I tried an alternative account to check as well...and it still doesn't appear on searches.

Also, I get different search results depending on how specific I make the search, in terms of ranks and grade levels. For example, if I type in "Phaser relay mk xii" while the search parameters are set at "any rank" and "any grade"....I get a different list of very rare grades than when I search using parameters set at "Rear Admiral- Upper level" and grade at "very rare".

The search system is really messed up. Please fix.
Never use the "all" tab, always specify the category, for your example of a phaser relay: console-tactical. The more parameters you set, the better results (rarity- most importantly).
Yes, it is inconvenient, but it doesn't seem they're about to change it.

And yes: Add a filter for KDF/FED specific items. Looking for a KDF purple doff is often a nightmare because of that filter missing...
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
The exchange has been fixed long ago. Didn't you know? There's nothing wrong with it. Absolutely nothing. They said in the patch notes that they fixed the exchange. So it must be true. I mean this is a central element of the game. Something everybody uses. It CAN'T be broken. Absolutely impossible. The exchange is fine.
Oh yes of course I must be mistaken. Cryptic knows better than the people who use it day in and day out. I must be mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 13
09-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Never use the "search all" tab. Always try to set the category as specific as possible. If you want to see the lock box ship you posted for example look under the category "reward packs". You should find it there. You may also realize that the cheapest fleet module you can find under "search all" is not the cheapest item when you search under the specific category. The reason you could not sell your items is that you were probably not the best seller.
Career Officer
# 14
09-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by studleydoo View Post
Not sure if anyone else notice this problem with the exchange, but I noticed if I put large ticket items (over a million cost) such as a lockbox ship on the exchange for amounts exceeding a million, it doesn't appear on searches. For example I put a lockbox ship out for 50 million and it didn't appear on searches. I put a fleet ship module up for 2 million, it doesn't appear on searches...as a result...no buyers. I tried an alternative account to check as well...and it still doesn't appear on searches.

Also, I get different search results depending on how specific I make the search, in terms of ranks and grade levels. For example, if I type in "Phaser relay mk xii" while the search parameters are set at "any rank" and "any grade"....I get a different list of very rare grades than when I search using parameters set at "Rear Admiral- Upper level" and grade at "very rare".

The search system is really messed up. Please fix.
Yes, we noticed all this. But the exchange is working as intended. Or so they say.