Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Commander
Despite owning a Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Retrofit I do not get the fleet ship module discount for the Fleet Tor'Kaht Battle Cruiser Retrofit!

For reference:
http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Vor%27c...uiser_Retrofit

I met all requirements and still got no discount.
Commander
# 2
09-09-2012, 11:55 AM
That's because the Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Retrofit is not a "Z" (or "C") store purchase. It's obtained either thru the use of the promotion chit you get when you make level 40 or with dilithium. Only ships purchased in the store for Zen at level 50 are eligible for the discount (ships purchased for Zen prior to level 50 are also not eligible)... which means none of the Klingon ships are eligible. Only Fed side are any ships actually eligible and only a couple of those.
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Commander
# 3
09-10-2012, 05:43 AM
Yeah. I even bought the Retrofit for Dilithium. But that apparently doesn't count either. Got a support ticket pretty much summing up what we just discussed here.

The result? I'm feeling bad and quite offended by the price for a single-char ship that is not even an unlock. In fact I have less problems to buy the lockbox ships for EC than to pay that much for a slight upgrade!

I'm going to play a recently released other MMO more and wait for the next season or seasons, no reason to pay that much for a slight upgrade that is going to be a hangar queen most of the time. I nevertheless would have bought it! :/
Career Officer
# 4
09-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longasc View Post
Yeah. I even bought the Retrofit for Dilithium. But that apparently doesn't count either. Got a support ticket pretty much summing up what we just discussed here.

The result? I'm feeling bad and quite offended by the price for a single-char ship that is not even an unlock. In fact I have less problems to buy the lockbox ships for EC than to pay that much for a slight upgrade!

I'm going to play a recently released other MMO more and wait for the next season or seasons, no reason to pay that much for a slight upgrade that is going to be a hangar queen most of the time. I nevertheless would have bought it! :/
Well the Orb Weaver cost me 37mil EC. Recluse was 57mil EC.

Assuming Zen goes to 150 dil / Zen and Uncommon Unreplicatable Materials stays as 85k EC to 1000 dil... 1000 Zen equates to 12.75 mil EC. A Fleet Support Module costs around 4.5-4.7mil EC so a Fleet Vorcha will set you back almost 1500 Zen* or what a typical Tier 2-3 Z-Store ship costs.

So just assume you're buying a T5 ship that is 1000 Zen cheaper but lacks a console and it only unlocked for a single character. If you look at it this way, it's not that bad.

If you're still sore about this, go and sue www.stowiki.org. It's really their fault.

*Let's not even bother with Fleet Credits cost... most of us have millions of FCs already. And I'm sure you can work out why it's not the smartest thing to do, buying FSMs with Zen.