Commander
# 1 I really have to ask
09-10-2012, 06:40 AM
I really have to ask...

who bright idea was it to have long respawn counters?
dont you think thats alittle ridiculous and stupid?
Career Officer
# 2
09-10-2012, 06:46 AM
I assume you're talking about in STFs? Respawn times start at 15 seconds and increase every time you die. I believe it is reset back to 15 seconds after 3 minutes (I could be wrong on the time but I know it does get reset).

It is a way to deter people from playing the Elite STFs if they don't have the proper equipment and/or know what they are doing. No offense intended here, but if you are playing in Elite STFs and your respawn timer is getting very high then you probably need better equipment and possibly need to respec. I recommend doing the Normal STFs in order to get the Veteran Equipment first, then play the Elite STFs.
Commander
# 3
09-10-2012, 06:56 AM
To be honest the mission on elite stf is hard enough as it is
with or with out good equipment that respawn timer
needs to be changed.

i usually tell people to blame the devs dont blame the players for trying to respawn
someone because hes trying to be a team player and keep his team alive.
Career Officer
# 4
09-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanisen View Post
To be honest the mission on elite stf is hard enough as it is
with or with out good equipment that respawn timer
needs to be changed.

i usually tell people to blame the devs dont blame the players for trying to respawn
someone because hes trying to be a team player and keep his team alive.
Your answer here verifies Atillo's suggestion. The Elite STFs are not hard, not when you have the right gear and know how to run them in a well practised team. If you are pugging Elite STFs then sure you're going to find it more difficult. The only thing left that is a challenge in Elite STFs is to get the optional on IGE and perhaps CGE to a lesser extent, the rest is a walk in the park and if you are even seeing a respawn timer more than once or twice then you need better gear, better team mates and more practise. Look up the EliteSTF channel to join in with a group that will show you how to do it and concentrate on ISE to start with (acknowledged by most to be the easiest STF).
Commander
# 5
09-10-2012, 07:10 AM
i am only speak up for others,

i usually stay in the back and support and let everyone else
fight, for some reaosn no matter what i do or stand there
looking pretty they npc's seem to still target me first
even when iam standing way out of range.

just made the post because a few people in game ********
bout the respawn timer so i thought i make a post
because after thinking about it, it is slightly stupid
to have such a long respawn timer

the 15, 30 second repawn timer is ok but anything over a minute
is stupid.

but i guess trying to be a team player is hard to ask for. all bout the individual not the team.
Career Officer
# 6
09-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanisen View Post
i am only speak up for others,

i usually stay in the back and support and let everyone else
fight, for some reaosn no matter what i do or stand there
looking pretty they npc's seem to still target me first
even when iam standing way out of range.

just made the post because a few people in game ********
bout the respawn timer so i thought i make a post
because after thinking about it, it is slightly stupid
to have such a long respawn timer

the 15, 30 second repawn timer is ok but anything over a minute
is stupid.

but i guess trying to be a team player is hard to ask for. all bout the individual not the team.
Send me a message in game and join in with my fleet and some of the guys, we can help you get past this stage. You'll find my handle on our webby below.
Career Officer
# 7
09-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Unless the entire team wipes out or you are fighting a boss where you need to be in certain locations, what is stopping them from resurrecting you? It only takes a few seconds and there is no timer on that.
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Community Moderator
# 8
09-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim View Post
Unless the entire team wipes out or you are fighting a boss where you need to be in certain locations, what is stopping them from resurrecting you? It only takes a few seconds and there is no timer on that.
And thus, the long respawn counter discourages running off from your team on your own, which is a sure way to aggro half the map and screw everybody up.

It'll never be an issue on a decent team.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-10-2012, 10:06 AM
There has to be a penalty for dying. Most MMO's have and exp loss. Ive played some like FFXI that has an exp loss and if you are raised instead of homepointing you are "sick". You are low hp low mp and all recast timers are doubled.

This game makes you wait to respawn and then if ur ship is damaged you use an easily obtained item to fix it.

The respawn timer makes you have to rethink tactics and teamwork. If you are consistantly gettin dropped then time to rethink
Captain
# 10
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
If you will notice, the respawn timer lasts as long as the effects of your ship's explosion. The last residue of ionized gas fades from view exactly as the timer expires. In this way, you cannot reinter the area until all that was left of you before is gone.

Personally, I would have made it where dying would immediately dump you back to sector space. Maybe even so far as to put you in a drydock at ESD. But that would make too many instant gratification seekers cry. Or tick enough serious players off because they die too much which would force Cryptic to actually balance things out so that gameplay is not just a zergfest.

There are litterally some situations where no matter WHAT you do, you're going to die at least once. If I am at the level called for by the mission, and I cannot avoid being killed no matter what, then it is a sign of flawed design on Cryptic's part.

Respawn and re-engage is their copout for not actually making sure that a mission is properly balanced. Balance doesn't matter when if you just keep at it, no matter how many times you have to respawn, you can win. Why not just put an interactable object right at the point where you would enter agro:

Press F to win.
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...