Lt. Commander
# 11
09-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Shod i only use EDCs for the lower end stuff like weapons and such and save the salvage and such for the ship equipment?

Ive been playin for about a month and just started doing STF's. Sorry if this seems redundant.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-11-2012, 09:33 AM
I got it disregard last post. My phone loade responses to slow. You have answered all the questions. Thank you.
Career Officer
# 13
09-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Lol I am mystified by the confusion, but then again, I understand.:

20 EDC = A single MK X "Special Reseve" item, Space or Ground (M.A.C.O, Omega, KHG)
40 EDC - A Single Mk XI "Special Reserve Item, Space or ground (M.A.C.O, Omega, KHG)

Obviously, you can use uncommon or rare tech for these as well. These will be specific and say "Rare Borg Shield Tech" or "Uncomon Borg Weapon Tech", etc).

The only way to get Mk XII items is through drops; you can't pay 60 edc, as some people seem to think. Obviously, you can spend EDC and Standard Rare/Uncommon Borg techs on Borg Standard Issue items or Dil.

My Suggestion? Save up 15 EDC and head straight for the Retro Borg Set and use that as a basis if you don't already have something else.
Career Officer
# 14
09-11-2012, 10:51 AM
This system confused the hell out of me when I first saw it, and I still haven't bothered trying to learn it. Cryptic needs to streamline it, rather than have all the options scattered amongst different NPCs and currencies.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 15
09-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
This system confused the hell out of me when I first saw it, and I still haven't bothered trying to learn it. Cryptic needs to streamline it, rather than have all the options scattered amongst different NPCs and currencies.
The whole idea when Cryptic introduced Dilithium was to streamline and unify the currency systems. Then Cryptic went and added EDCs, Veteran and Special Reserve items you have to buy for each specific piece of gear and Rare and Very Rare Borg Salvage, and other currencies to completely F-Up the whole thing and confuse everyone. WHY did they do this? Who knows. They wanted to streamline and unify currency in the game, then they go and add in a bunch of new and different currencies confusing everyone. Cryptic makes no sense.

They need to do away with all currencies and leave only 3, Dilithium and Energy Credits and C-Store points. Problem solved.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 16
09-11-2012, 11:22 AM
It's not like you can go on e-bay and buy a float for your vintage Ferrari. Those parts will need to be 'salvaged' from old cars, not much different in STO when they build a borg deflector and need a certain component to make it work, that you provide when you picked up pieces of the ship you blasted in the last STF you participated in.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 17
09-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
It's not like you can go on e-bay and buy a float for your vintage Ferrari. Those parts will need to be 'salvaged' from old cars, not much different in STO when they build a borg deflector and need a certain component to make it work, that you provide when you picked up pieces of the ship you blasted in the last STF you participated in.
I get the concept, but as implemented it is entirely confusing. Why not allow EDCs to be directly used to buy the gear with, instead of having to turn in the EDCs to buy the Veteran thingy, it's like they introduced a whole step in-between getting EDCs and Salvage and getting your gear, you have to buy a second thing, which then that is used to buy the actual gear. There are one too many steps involved. You should just get EDCs and then go directly to the NPC (not roxy) to buy your gear you want directly when you have enough EDCs.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Commander
# 18
09-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
The whole idea when Cryptic introduced Dilithium was to streamline and unify the currency systems. Then Cryptic went and added EDCs, Veteran and Special Reserve items you have to buy for each specific piece of gear and Rare and Very Rare Borg Salvage, and other currencies to completely F-Up the whole thing and confuse everyone. WHY did they do this? Who knows. They wanted to streamline and unify currency in the game, then they go and add in a bunch of new and different currencies confusing everyone. Cryptic makes no sense.

They need to do away with all currencies and leave only 3, Dilithium and Energy Credits and C-Store points. Problem solved.
They did it becase they didn't want you to buy STF gear using EC, Delithium or GPL.

If you want STF gear you need to play STF missions. If you want Vault gear you have to play the Vault. If you want Fleet gear, you need to play fleet events.

That's the way MMOs split up new gear, so get used to it. Season 8 will introduce something new as well count on it.

Also the idea of being able to buy everything in the game using Zen, EC or Delithium is pretty much Pay to win. STF gear is the only thing in the game that you can't take shortcuts to earn.

Last edited by kingdoxy; 09-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
09-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post

Aye, the old Emblem system was much easier to follow than the fail we have now.

Most think it was just a way or excuse to wipe out a good portion of the communities stored currency.

As you said above, we were told Dilithium was to replace all other currencies other than ec and latinum, but now we have those +

EDC's
Salvage
Tech drops
Data Cores
Lobi

What I want to know is how much easier is all those "new" currencies from the old system of Emblems, ec and latinum?

Exactly, they are not.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-11-2012, 12:44 PM
The confusion for me was the different menus and requisition items to get the same piece of equipment.

But i guess its a learning curve. Cause i have it now lol.