Ensign
# 951 Oops
09-11-2012, 02:37 AM
I had two bad infected elite space missions today. Both were my fault.

The first I got into a sudden ton of lag which is very rare for my Internet. I couldn't do anything. When the lag quit the first time I'd been killed. That happened right at the beginning. Then it happened a few seconds later and by the time it quit I'd been logged back to sector space. Oddly, I didn't get a leaver penalty.

The second bad was again right at the beginning. I got a VERY important phone call. My ship just drifted off into nothingness. When I came back I just logged out. There were Borg all over the place and I'd been called every noob name in the book.

Oh well. I guess you'll have days like that.
Career Officer
# 952
09-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 09-20-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 953
09-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
As for the phone call, don't they know that STO is MORE important than anything else?
They shouldn't call while you're in battle. Shame on them
Yesterday, IGE wasn't bad but we didn't end up. It's the first time since I'm playing STO. That was my fault. 30 seconds after starting I got important call (I was waiting for this call). It took 1 minute. But it was enough to let my teammate playing at 4. Ruined opts. And because I felt ashamed I wasn't 100% on the STF. I died many times against Manus.
I said to them I'm sorry and I apologized. They were nice. They told me "np. it happens".
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Captain
# 954
09-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
got one shooted 3 times by donatra. left the stf thereafter. rest of the team wasnt that strong and i didnt want to waste more time.
You are a bad teammate and your way of thinking contribute to a bad PUG experience.

I was in a PUG normal Infected space, and everyone was focusing on the regular spheres and one person was literally flying in circles. After about 10 mins, I decided that the penalty was worth it.
Career Officer
# 955
09-14-2012, 02:50 AM
Had a fairly poor one earlier - although, in all fairness, the team was great and my presence was in error anyway - I'd pulled my Dreadnought/Galaxy-X out out mothballs and had intended to queue for Cure Normal, but selected 'Elite' in error and by the time I realised this it was too late.

Anyway, long story short, after quite some effort, and a failed optional we finally managed to pop the right cube, shortly followed by the left one but were subsequently overwhelmed by the BOP/Raptor etc spawns. Wasn't long before a Bio Neural warhead that no-one managed to intercept killed the Kang and prompted the red text of fail.

Felt bad about it though - they were a great team; genuinely nice players - the one sci-player, for example, was excellent, throwing heals around and actually prevented a few visits to respawn oblivion.

And no-one bailed despite it looking as if we would fail a few times, and DID fail overall.

Felt that I was partially responsible for the fail though, being there in my Galaxy-X rather than my, far more familiar, Sao Paulo.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 956 Death death and zombies
09-15-2012, 08:40 PM
There I was...

A fleet event pug.

I said 'Hi' as usual.

No response.

I look around, all vice admirals with accolades in the 2000's.

Three oddys and a galaxy

The event started and I see that all of them had Rainbow/Technicolor beams.

Then people started dieing.

And dieing again.

And again.

And again.

We didn't make it through the second group.

I was the only one doing any damage and not dieing.

If you REALLY must run an oddy or galaxy, here is a thread that might help you out.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=280501

Starfleet Veteran
# 957
09-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Ran a private CSE run on Saturday with the 10-Forward crowd. Having done this with an without the optional before, we went into this run with no real worries. but that was soon to change.

First thing that went wrong, was one of our team members never transitioned maps, and this being a private run, we weren't going to get anyone else. So now we're in CSE with only 4.

So despite all that, we make impressive headway agianst the three groups of probes. First Cube gone was on the right side. Followed shortly thereafter by the left cube. So now we have three massive spawns heading our way. One spawn of raptors from left, and a spawn of raptors and a spawn of Negh'vars from the center. this is where it got a little crazy. At one point (remember, there's only 4 of us in this mission) 3 of us were dead, and one left (less than 50% health). So of course we think the mission is done, and we lost.

However, The three of us that were down had short respawn times and quickly got back into the fight. The Kang was down to 8% health and surrounded by Negh'vars and Raptors. Luckily at this point they were orbiting Kang, and not using their main weaponary on her. This gave us the time ti regroup and counter attack. a minute later the last cube was down, and Kang was in the clear and gone. A little mop action lead us to the final boss, and after that, we got our drops (which were nothing special).

Never in my experience with CSE have I ever seen the Kang that close to BOOM, and still come away with the mission won. Thanks to all the 10-Forward types with the extra effort to save a bad situation. Hopefully wewon't get stuck with 4 again, next time.
Captain
# 958
09-17-2012, 11:49 AM
^^ now THAT is something most people couldn't accomplish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Empire Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post

If you REALLY must run an oddy or galaxy, here is a thread that might help you out.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=280501

Do you really think this kind of people are reading this website? I don't think so. They don't read chat so then they don't read this thread.

I ran fleet event as KDF. I don't know the english name but the goal is to block ennemy fleet to protect the starbase.
I said "Qa'pla !"
Only player said "Hi! Warrior".
We started. After a while I noticed we take a long time to defeat all of that enemy ship.
I saw a bortasqu which is fighting and I followed him with mine. I looked around me. I saw Vo'quv with blue and red beam. I saw a qin raptor with green and orange cannon. And a vorcha with red beam. So I looked information about my teammate. Except the Bortasqu's player. All were level 45 with low score accolade. So I decided to stay with the player with bortasqu. And finaly ops said we failed to protect starbase.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 960
09-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
Do you really think this kind of people are reading this website? I don't think so. They don't read chat so then they don't read this thread.
My guess would be 1% of the 5% who can actually read will read this thread. But if this thread sinks into the brains of 1% of the 1% of the 5% who can actually read then this thread has done its job.