Commander
So the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher, only one per ship huh? Uhh sorry but I see no reason why its limited to one per ship, sorry but nope, allow at least two, otherwise theres no point in using hard earned ZEN points for the ship or the torpedo launcher, id sooner get the Armitage. Unless someone gives me a reason other then it would be op which it honestly wouldnt be, 180 degrees is already op for a torpedo, but hey thats my opinion, doesnt mean im wrong though.

I suppose the next thing i should ask is, is this launcher even worth it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
So the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher, only one per ship huh? Uhh sorry but I see no reason why its limited to one per ship, sorry but nope, allow at least two, otherwise theres no point in using hard earned ZEN points for the ship or the torpedo launcher, id sooner get the Armitage. Unless someone gives me a reason other then it would be op which it honestly wouldnt be, 180 degrees is already op for a torpedo, but hey thats my opinion, doesnt mean im wrong though.

I suppose the next thing i should ask is, is this launcher even worth it?
I wanted the ship. I ended up using the launcher on all of my other cruisers. It's slightly weaker than a standard torpedo launcer but can fire along with your broad sides.

If you want the ship then yes its worth it (its not the only reason to get it) if all you want is the launcher then no it's not a 25 dollar weapon.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-12-2012, 04:24 AM
I bought it because I wanted the ship. As far as I'm concerned the launcher is a bonus.

Not sure about the metreon canister console though.
Commander
# 4
09-12-2012, 04:29 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 09-12-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Lieutenant
# 5
09-12-2012, 04:46 AM
It would be nice to have, but I can live with it. I run the 180 Quantum as aft torpedo and the Har'Peng as fore, And I think I would have the same setup if I could use multiple 180 Quantums.

On the question "Is is worth it?"
Hell yeah (If you also want the ship. It's not a 25$ weapon). You're going to run at least 1 torpedo anyways. Better have 180 degrees on with a bit lesser stats, that hits twice the time.

Last edited by ryanev; 09-12-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Captain
# 6
09-12-2012, 05:58 AM
I want to buy the ship but have they fixed the problem with it, mixing other ships parts with the regent and vise versa?
Commander
# 7
09-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Meh I dunno, just wish i had 25 dollars to spend on it....

also buff the Aegis set....seriously....there is absolutely no reason why it should be getting outclassed by the other sets, im told even 3 out of the 4 pieces for the Borg set+the Maco shield are better then the full Aegis set hands down....what the heck is the point of the Aegis set taking so long to get. I know i know, Maco and Omega were created to be the next tier up, but i have to ask you....how can you make Maco and Omega, which are VERY easy to get, a step up from Aegis when Aegis is so much harder to get? Its a fact that its easier to get Maco and Omega pieces then it is to grind EC and Crafting materials for Aegis, which even then you have to grind for Dilithium Ore, so yeah, buff Aegis....its only fair....
Career Officer
# 8
09-12-2012, 08:13 AM
I bought a $25 torpedo launcher, wrapped in a ship I don't particularly want.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Republic Veteran
# 9
09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
Meh I dunno, just wish i had 25 dollars to spend on it....

also buff the Aegis set....seriously....there is absolutely no reason why it should be getting outclassed by the other sets, im told even 3 out of the 4 pieces for the Borg set+the Maco shield are better then the full Aegis set hands down....what the heck is the point of the Aegis set taking so long to get. I know i know, Maco and Omega were created to be the next tier up, but i have to ask you....how can you make Maco and Omega, which are VERY easy to get, a step up from Aegis when Aegis is so much harder to get? Its a fact that its easier to get Maco and Omega pieces then it is to grind EC and Crafting materials for Aegis, which even then you have to grind for Dilithium Ore, so yeah, buff Aegis....its only fair....
I agree with this. Either buff it so that it is worth the price to get it or, nerf the cost. It is too expensive to the player in time and resources to be so easily outclassed.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 10
09-12-2012, 08:28 AM
What? The Aegis set is the weakest and easiest to get. It's craftable and available on the Exchange. It was only around 7 mil (and even cheaper if I got it through the quartermaster of the fleet I'm in). That's like a dozen bottles of Rotgut. =P

The others require you to actually play through them, and are bound on pickup.

Edit: No wait, I think it was only around 4 mil...

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk

Last edited by darkjeff; 09-12-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Closed Thread