Career Officer
# 61
09-12-2012, 08:42 AM
I doubt we will see Data back in this game as a Captain. CBS said no to any android captains which is why you cannot play as an android in this game.
If we ever do see Data again (that is of course if PWE/Cryptic spend any of the lockbox profits on some cannon actors) he will not be a Captain.
Career Officer
# 62
09-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Can you tell me all the things Mirina Sirtis and Gates McFadden have been in since TNG? Even Johnathan Frakes? How about Michael Dorn since DS9? How about Nicole de Boer, Cirroc Lofton, and Nana Vistor? Shall we talk about Voyager now? How about Tim Russ, Roxann Dawson, Garret Wang, and Jennifer Lien? Enterprise now? Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, Linda Parks, Connor Trinnear, etc? Shall we go all the back to TOS? Did you see a lot of DeForest, James, Walter, Nichelle, and George in things other then Trek after TOS was done?

The simple truth is the vast majority of Trek actors end up doing occasional bit rolls and never find themselves in another series or as the primary star of a movie after Trek.
And California agents will tend to keep it that way, focusing on keeping salary high. (One reason why guys like Ben Affleck have done an endrun around agents.)

The reality is also that these guys may have different agents in different states with different priorities. Outside New York/LA, the priority shifts to getting work and sometimes union rules don't apply based on location and the local laws. (Just don't get too noisy about it.)

My experience is that UK firms REALLY focus on keeping their people working, not deflecting work to keep their asking price high.

It wouldn't surprise me if Seth McFarlane didn't have to either get ahold of Stewart directly or contact his UK agency to get him at a reasonable price for American Dad, for example.
Captain
# 63
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
And California agents will tend to keep it that way, focusing on keeping salary high. (One reason why guys like Ben Affleck have done an endrun around agents.)

The reality is also that these guys may have different agents in different states with different priorities. Outside New York/LA, the priority shifts to getting work and sometimes union rules don't apply based on location and the local laws. (Just don't get too noisy about it.)

My experience is that UK firms REALLY focus on keeping their people working, not deflecting work to keep their asking price high.

It wouldn't surprise me if Seth McFarlane didn't have to either get ahold of Stewart directly or contact his UK agency to get him at a reasonable price for American Dad, for example.
TV actor's work salaries tend to be all over the place - and are often based on ratings. Angus T Jones, for example, makes $300,000 per episode of Two and a Half Men, even though he's only in it about 5 minutes per episode. Contrast that with Zooey Deschanel, who is the lead actress in New Girl, yet she only makes $30,000 per episode. And then contrast that with George Clooney, who often works for scale because he makes millions doing commercials around the world - his endorsement income is estimated at $19 million per year.

And we shouldn't assume Sir Patrick came cheap to do the Family Guy and American Dad animated series. The Simpson's voice actors make $300,000 per episode - they took a pay cut down to $300k to get a 2 year contract extension - and Seth's deal with Fox makes him $20 million per year. There's no reason to believe that Sir Patrick isn't getting 6-figures per episode to do American Dad.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 09-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.