Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
Who here thinks the Borg should be ten times more powerful then they are and their numbers reduced about 10,000 cubes less? The aye's and nay's will have it.

Yeah, that's right.
Captain
# 2
09-12-2012, 06:54 PM
After watching Janeway blow her way through Borg ships, not really. Anything Janeway can do 35 years ago I should be able to do in spades.

Of course I'm really just not into Giant Monster encounters in MMOs, and that's what a Wolf 359 Borg Cube would be: X million hit points and 40 people all trying to pew-pew it to death. I find that sort of thing extremely boring - even though it is the most common end-game event in MMOs.

Of course I'd rather see the Borg far less often in the game. I think there are other big bads which can be added to the game who are far more entertaining. The Borg were played-out by First Contact, IMO.
Captain
# 3
09-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Heh. I remember the first time I went into Ker'rat at level 10 in my brand new Connie Retrofit and seeing all those cubes and thinking "I mustn't run away!" I'm a TNGer who couldn't stand what I saw of Voyager, so my knowledge of the Borg was the juggernaught of Wolf 359. Took a while before I realized they were meant to be popped solo, and not with a small fleet. Was disappointed by that, actually.
Captain
# 4
09-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
After watching Janeway blow her way through Borg ships, not really. Anything Janeway can do 35 years ago I should be able to do in spades.

Of course I'm really just not into Giant Monster encounters in MMOs, and that's what a Wolf 359 Borg Cube would be: X million hit points and 40 people all trying to pew-pew it to death. I find that sort of thing extremely boring - even though it is the most common end-game event in MMOs.

Of course I'd rather see the Borg far less often in the game. I think there are other big bads which can be added to the game who are far more entertaining. The Borg were played-out by First Contact, IMO.
Borg are like zombies. They've both been done to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Heh. I remember the first time I went into Ker'rat at level 10 in my brand new Connie Retrofit and seeing all those cubes and thinking "I mustn't run away!" I'm a TNGer who couldn't stand what I saw of Voyager, so my knowledge of the Borg was the juggernaught of Wolf 359. Took a while before I realized they were meant to be popped solo, and not with a small fleet. Was disappointed by that, actually.
Voyager was a travesty.
All cloaks should be canon.
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Voyager was a travesty.
Voyager was inconsistent. It had some genuinely good stories, the safe Federation standbys, embarrassing stories... and infamously the worst episode in the entire franschise.

But despite all that, that doesn't make it a travesty. Just inconsistent like I said
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
and that's what a Wolf 359 Borg Cube would be: X million hit points and 40 people all trying to pew-pew it to death. .
and on that note I have to add That Cubes should be way bigger the Enterprise-D looked almost tiny when she first encountered the borg.Yet in game a Galaxy has a decent scale to a cube.I have always told myself these are smaller cubes than those seen in the series so ya throwing some biga** cubes out there would be a welcome addition imo
Captain
# 7
09-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Voyager was inconsistent. It had some genuinely good stories, the safe Federation standbys, embarrassing stories... and infamously the worst episode in the entire franschise.

But despite all that, that doesn't make it a travesty. Just inconsistent like I said
Okay I'll give you that one. Captain Quantum was the travesty. He made...William Shattner...look like...a good actor.
Career Officer
# 8
09-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I liked Voyager but, in the end they did have quite a few awful things done in that series... it was more the actors synergy that made the show for me than anything else.

As far as the borg go... I think they should def. be scaled up in size, regardless what you guys say Borg cubes were NEVER that small. AND they should also be at least a little bit harder.. I mean cmon... random 3rd world aliens in the Azela <w/e> expanse are tougher than the borg.

I just wish the dread, and awe I felt whenever i saw them in the show or movies was still there thats all....
not "oh theres borg..." Seriously, I can pop a borg cube in Kerrat in 4 seconds flat in My bug, thats kinda lame imo.

As to the whole "future" argument... what? Do you guys really think that the most progressive and adaptive species in the universe hasnt changed with the times? At least a little bit? <scoffs>

Yeah, that's right.

Last edited by adon333; 09-12-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Captain
# 9
09-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
I liked Voyager but, in the end they did have quite a few awful eyes... it was more the actors synergy that made the show for me than anything else.

As far as the borg go... I think they should def. be scaled up in size, regardless what you guys say Borg cubes were NEVER that small. AND they should also be at least a little bit harder.. I mean cmon... random 3rd world aliens in the Azela <w/e> expanse are tougher than the borg.

I just wish the dread, and awe I felt whenever i saw them in the show or movies was still there thats all....
The dread evaporated when enemy signal contacts stopped chasing down players in sector space and the ability to transwarp directly to a mission system was introduced.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Sorry mate, gotta disagree. The award for worst episode definitely goes for the Enterprise series finale.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!