Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 21
09-13-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Okay I'll give you that one. Captain Quantum was the travesty. He made...William Shattner...look like...a good actor.
hate on William Shattner all you want for with out him you may not have this game to play there may have not even been a ST ip to talk about for the real frist episodes did not do as well

and yes i agree with the OP
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 22
09-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Borg are like zombies. They've both been done to death.

Voyager was a travesty.
Technically Borg were designed to be the zombies of TNG as they do resemble the shambling mindless zombies from horror films. It was I think later in the Borg lore they were thought to be a hive mind and then the queen was introduced.
Career Officer
# 23
09-13-2012, 04:12 AM
The Borg are ridiculously easy to kill, the only time they get tough are end of level Borg on the Elite STFs. There is no way any Fed ship should be able to take on any cube alone and beat it on fire power alone. Time has marched on and we have more advanced weaponry but so what, surely the Borg would have not only adapted to that but also developed even more advanced weaponry themselves? They are hundreds to thousands of years in advance of the Federation, they have resources spread across the entire galaxy, perhaps even other galaxies, they should be far far tougher than they are.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 24
09-13-2012, 04:19 AM
I agree 5 people not matter how well trained should be able to destroy a borg hive. and 5 ships should not be able to take out borg cubes the borgs should be reconsidered to be made tougher to kill maybe give them more advanced weaponry especially for elite STF's and Kerrat
Commander
# 25
09-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
After watching Janeway blow her way through Borg ships, not really. Anything Janeway can do 35 years ago I should be able to do in spades.

Of course I'm really just not into Giant Monster encounters in MMOs, and that's what a Wolf 359 Borg Cube would be: X million hit points and 40 people all trying to pew-pew it to death. I find that sort of thing extremely boring - even though it is the most common end-game event in MMOs.

Of course I'd rather see the Borg far less often in the game. I think there are other big bads which can be added to the game who are far more entertaining. The Borg were played-out by First Contact, IMO.
1. so the borg slept for 35 years?
2. there are none as big as the borg (except 8472 which have been assimilated too as we could see in some borg missions)
3. there are not more borg than any other race in this game. you probably just play the same borg missions (stfs) over and over again. more stfs with other races would correct this. there are actually more missions with almost every race than with the borg.
Captain
# 26
09-13-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
1. so the borg slept for 35 years?
2. there are none as big as the borg (except 8472 which have been assimilated too as we could see in some borg missions)
3. there are not more borg than any other race in this game. you probably just play the same borg missions (stfs) over and over again. more stfs with other races would correct this. there are actually more missions with almost every race than with the borg.
1: No, the Borg didn't sleep for 35 years, but Janeway brought back future-tech, which meant that all tech advancements were jumped decades ahead - and have kept developing and advancing since 2378. Within the STO timeline Borg activity stops by 2383 and no one sees a Borg again until 2409. The Borg haven't had time to assimilate all our tech advances yet.

2: You don't need to be the most populous threat to be the worst. The Sheliak were shown to be a potential big treat, and we only ever see them in 1 episode. Even the creepy little insect/symbiots taking over Starfleet in Season 1 of TNG were a huge threat. Heck, even Holo-Moriarty could be a huge threat now that photonics live "real" lives.

3: I seldom do STFS any more, unless someone in my Fleet needs help. But you start with Borg in the Tutorial and it just keeps escalating to end-game - where you eventually encounter Borg almost exclusively.

And finally, everyone knows the worst Trek episode is Spock's Brain!

Last edited by thecosmic1; 09-13-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Rihannsu
# 27
09-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Technically Borg were designed to be the zombies of TNG as they do resemble the shambling mindless zombies from horror films. It was I think later in the Borg lore they were thought to be a hive mind and then the queen was introduced.
While the Queen was introduced later the Borg were intended to be a hive mind from the start, in fact the aliens from Conspiracy were meant to be the Borg (before they were called Borg), but the cost of the SFX required for the bug creatures was prohibitively high so they were changed to people in cyborg suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
I disagree with both of you... the worst episode ever award goes to blob monster that killed Tasha Yar episode.

I have three words for you: The Outrageous Okona

That was a poorly written piece of fan fiction that somehow became an episode.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 28
09-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
1: No, the Borg didn't sleep for 35 years, but Janeway brought back future-tech, which meant that all tech advancements were jumped decades ahead - and have kept developing and advancing since 2378. Within the STO timeline Borg activity stops by 2383 and no one sees a Borg again until 2409. The Borg haven't had time to assimilate all our tech advances yet.
Actually I don't think so. Remember when the Borg Queen was infected with the neurolytic pathogen she said:

"I may have assimilated your pathogen but I also assimilated your arming technology"

At that point the information assimilated by the Borg from the admiral's shuttle should have been spread through the entire collective effectively giving the borg a 35 year boost and actually putting them ahead of the Federation in that time period.

The question would be did that information spread to the entire collective or was it lost with the destruction of the Unicomplex?

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Commander
# 29
09-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Ever since my first in game encounter with the Borg, have I wanted them Buffed up a lot! A cube should take at least five starships to combat.

With that in mind, I?m all for reducing the number of Borg NPC ships and increasing the Borg Cube difficulty by giving them some useful abilities. Abilities such as Rotate Shield Frequency, BFAW, Torpedo Spread, Borg Tractor Beam and Borg Tractor Beam repulse. Finally, the cake would be if they spammed Tactical Team.

The Borg Spheres are fine as is in my own opinion.

I just feel that the Borg should be a real threatening NPC. As it is now, i'm more afraid of level 54 romulan warbirds in a small pack all shooint plasma torps at me...
Captain
# 30
09-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Actually I don't think so. Remember when the Borg Queen was infected with the neurolytic pathogen she said:

"I may have assimilated your pathogen but I also assimilated your arming technology"

At that point the information assimilated by the Borg from the admiral's shuttle should have been spread through the entire collective effectively giving the borg a 35 year boost and actually putting them ahead of the Federation in that time period.

The question would be did that information spread to the entire collective or was it lost with the destruction of the Unicomplex?
I'm assuming, with the loss of their Queen, the Borg are losing the battle by 2383; which is why they withdraw from the Quadrant. We were technologically equal, if not superior, to them at that point - they could not assimilate fast enough to offset their losses. They needed the 26 years to refortify and rebuild their forces.

I'm sure their tech has advanced in the last 26 years, but I'm sure the Federation's has too. The Borg return in 2409. They might have returned superior to us, or they might have returned as they left: roughly equal. It would also seem the Borg's strategy has changed as well. They went from believing conquering Earth would destroy the Quadrant to attacking and assimilating worlds along the path to Earth. They are essentially building and fortifying rather then going for the kill-shot. That, too, is not the actions of a technologically superior species.

Based on all the above my own opinion is that the Borg just can't assimilate our tech as quickly as they did in the past. And since the game's still set in the first few months of the invasion there's not been enough game time to see if that will change, IMO.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 09-13-2012 at 07:51 AM.