Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
# 21
09-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Hooray for sanity. C'mon... they do this, people will say the dread is too powerful. The cycle continues.

I do not understand the whining,,, the other night in Starbase Fleet Defense, it hit a Klingon dread with a pair of 59K strikes from the spinal lance. It crumpled shortly after that. Sort of satisfying when 3 other ships were trading blows with it and only dropped it down a little after a minute of concentrated fire.

Don't do anything to the dread as it is. More people will avoid flying it.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,103
# 22
09-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillee View Post
Hooray for sanity. C'mon... they do this, people will say the dread is too powerful. The cycle continues.

I do not understand the whining,,, the other night in Starbase Fleet Defense, it hit a Klingon dread with a pair of 59K strikes from the spinal lance. It crumpled shortly after that. Sort of satisfying when 3 other ships were trading blows with it and only dropped it down a little after a minute of concentrated fire.

Don't do anything to the dread as it is. More people will avoid flying it.
Thank you! Now I don't have to type all this out.

I like having the Galaxy-X be a fairly uncommon ship. Makes me feel special.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,068
# 23
09-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillee View Post
Hooray for sanity. C'mon... they do this, people will say the dread is too powerful. The cycle continues.

I do not understand the whining,,, the other night in Starbase Fleet Defense, it hit a Klingon dread with a pair of 59K strikes from the spinal lance. It crumpled shortly after that. Sort of satisfying when 3 other ships were trading blows with it and only dropped it down a little after a minute of concentrated fire.

Don't do anything to the dread as it is. More people will avoid flying it.
My idea is not to make the Galaxy X more powerful so they should not whine. My idea is just to add options to the ship. Many people feel tied to phasers due to the lance.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 176
# 24
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
The dread needs it's saucer separation, after that I think the ship will see a lot of love from the people that already own one. With a little work a dread featuring EPTS and EPTW cycling, Aux2Str, DEM, TT1, T:Spread 1 and C:RF 1 might be a fun ship to fly.

P.S. Phasers get more of a damage bonus from DEM, more than double as a matter of fact( I see something around 180 bonus damage per pulse at 125 weapon power), making it an alpha strike power on a dreadnought.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,872
# 25
09-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Saucer sep on the Dreddy would be nice - but can live without it whilst it doesn't have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 09-18-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 26
09-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
My idea is not to make the Galaxy X more powerful so they should not whine. My idea is just to add options to the ship. Many people feel tied to phasers due to the lance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razellis View Post
The dread needs it's saucer separation, after that I think the ship will see a lot of love from the people that already own one. With a little work a dread featuring EPTS and EPTW cycling, Aux2Str, DEM, TT1, T:Spread 1 and C:RF 1 might be a fun ship to fly.
Yeeeah... IDEA WAS NOT TO MAKE THE DREAD MORE POWERFUL... Yeeeah... anyways... Let's just say that his OP was a great idea. Make the lance have more than one type of energy. I agree with that completely.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 176
# 27
09-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Yeeeah... IDEA WAS NOT TO MAKE THE DREAD MORE POWERFUL... Yeeeah... anyways... Let's just say that his OP was a great idea. Make the lance have more than one type of energy. I agree with that completely.
The dread's Saucer Separation has been anounced for a while now. It's just been on cryptic's back burner because the community panned the ship for underperformed.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=259285

https://twitter.com/captaingeko/stat...52705453916160

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,872
# 28
09-18-2012, 05:07 AM
I've actually pulled my Dreadnought out of mothballs since the Tholian lockboxes.

I obtained one of the Subspace Jump consoles from a lockbox, and it's perfect for the Galaxy-X. I've used it on a few of my ships, but no ship (in my opinion) seems as well suited to it as the Galaxy-X.

Cloak + subspace jump puts you in the perfect position for a nice, effective, alpha strike with the lance and torpedoes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 137
# 29
09-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
God enough already with escorts being overpowered. I will say this once. THEY ARE NOT OVERPOWERED. POWERFUL yes, but not OVERPOWERED. They have very high damage potential. Duh. They have great maneuverability. Yes. But are they invincible? HELL... NO...

Now get off that already.
Oh but they are. Stop defending your OP'ness, 'scort flyer.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 30
09-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikaiful View Post
Oh but they are. Stop defending your OP'ness, 'scort flyer.
...
That was actually quite funny. I am an Engineering Captain who flies cruisers XD
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.