Lieutenant
# 1 Is it possible...
09-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Is it possible to make one enemy ship and not a group of them? I wanted to make a one on one space battle.
Career Officer
# 2
09-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drphil321 View Post
Is it possible to make one enemy ship and not a group of them? I wanted to make a one on one space battle.
Not all enemies in every group spawn in a single player attempt. They only all spawn if there are 5 players.
Rihannsu
# 3
09-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Also... there's a trick that can spread out enemies.

Say you spawn a 3 ship group of frigates.

Each frigate has it's own spawn point. You can uncollapse the group and move the spawn points to seperate locations on the map. If the enemy group isn't part of a kill objective you can hide some of them inside an asteroid or something where they can't fight. This also applies to elements of the group that don't spawn in a single player mission run. You can move them out of the way so they won't appear in a multiplayer run.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
09-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Also... there's a trick that can spread out enemies.

Say you spawn a 3 ship group of frigates.

Each frigate has it's own spawn point. You can uncollapse the group and move the spawn points to seperate locations on the map. If the enemy group isn't part of a kill objective you can hide some of them inside an asteroid or something where they can't fight. This also applies to elements of the group that don't spawn in a single player mission run. You can move them out of the way so they won't appear in a multiplayer run.

If you do that though, because the group wasn't completely destroyed, they may respawn. Wasn't that a glitch people were dealing with?
Career Officer
# 5
09-11-2012, 08:23 PM
You can have the extras spawn far away and surround them with ships that will kill them.

So if you're fed you surround the extra ships with Fed Battleship groups.

Remember to keep the spawn marker near the player or the groups won't spawn.
Rihannsu
# 6
09-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drphil321 View Post
Cruisers and battleships only spawn 1 on 1. if you have a team they will scale up in numbers.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 7
09-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
If you do that though, because the group wasn't completely destroyed, they may respawn. Wasn't that a glitch people were dealing with?
Not quite. the glitch I've seen personally is that they just flat out respawn.... doesn't matter whether they get wiped out or not. (in space)

Ground... that's different.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.