Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Career Officer
# 11
09-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
As everyone else said, the torpedoes track you as I found out in one painful fight with a D'deridex. It launched three heavy plasmas and I simply jumped my Defiant behind the D'deridex, only ot find the torpedoes turn around make their march right into my face since I was heading straight at them at this point...

Not true. Jump behind the target, facing their rear shield facing? If they were heavily engaged with you and reinforced their front(?) facing shield, you'll face a weaker shield to fire at.
Or, in my case, when your GalX appears with your buff/debuffs running, you hit the target in its rea with a pair of 60K strikes from your spinal lance at a 3km distance.
Not entirely useless.
Captain
# 12
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillee View Post
Not true. Jump behind the target, facing their rear shield facing? If they were heavily engaged with you and reinforced their front(?) facing shield, you'll face a weaker shield to fire at.
Or, in my case, when your GalX appears with your buff/debuffs running, you hit the target in its rea with a pair of 60K strikes from your spinal lance at a 3km distance.
Not entirely useless.
That wasn't my point, I still beat survived the torpedoes and beat teh D'deridex to hell and back. The point is that the torpedoes still followed me (and I crashed right into 'em).
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Rihannsu
# 13
09-14-2012, 11:02 AM
yeah, that tactic doesn't help much against normal torpedoes, but it would probably be useful against untargeted abilities, like the phaser lance on the Gal-x and the Thalaron attack that Scimitars use.
Captain
# 14
09-14-2012, 11:26 AM
I was sure this was going to be about how you can jam yourself up into the geometry of an arena. Pro-tip: You can wait for the jumper to come off of cooldown and jump yourself back out.

Super-secret pro-tip: The Bortasqu subspace snare can jam your opponent up inside geometry too.

Career Officer
# 15
09-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbflordkrueg View Post
Even though it was advertised as breaking the targeting lock, it's not listed that way in the "official" description, nor has it ever broken the target lock since it's release.
It's a cool manuever, but it won't stop them shooting at you or cause incoming fire to miss you.
In other words...it's kinda useless, IMOHPO.
^^ This.

It doesn't break target lock; and it really should, both logically and conceptually. Foe had a tractor beam on you? Guess what?! It's still on you after your jump, as if you hadn't displaced at all. Kinda makes it a lame console, as the displacement is only cosmetic that way.

Yes, you do get to be behind your opponent. But since you wind up at the opposite site of where you were facing your enemy, you're now just facing his fully charged rear shield face. Good luck with that.
Career Officer
# 16
09-15-2012, 01:17 PM
One thing it's very useful for is for quickly getting into the middle of attack groups on the freighter missions. If your threat is high enough and you use AoE abilities or something like Fire at Will, most of them target you instead of the freighters. Your challenge then of course is to not die...

It doesn't break target lock though. To avoid things like plasma torps, you still have to use evasives, which I agree is silly. If you teleport, surely it means that, even for an instant, you disappear?

Last edited by redsoniavrel; 09-15-2012 at 01:19 PM.