Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Career Officer
# 11 The Panel FuBar
09-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I saw it too and bugged it. I bet the bug department went crazy when they saw where things ended up... Always measure twice and cut once....
Ballermaris

www.caspian-division.com
Captain
# 12
09-12-2012, 09:20 PM
The fact that they did not fix the security and armory doffs falling under "tactical" now 2 weeks in is inexcusable!
Commander
# 13
09-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Okay, they're fixing the plant, but what about the spelling mistake on the HMS "Enterprise" ?

In the Enterprise TV show intro, the ship was named the HMS Enterprize. With a Z.
Commander
# 14
09-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballermaris View Post
I saw it too and bugged it. I bet the bug department went crazy when they saw where things ended up... Always measure twice and cut once....
are we talking about the same game + company? there is no such thing
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
09-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the fixes!

I just wish to see bi-weakly Tribble patch notes again. There hasn't been a large patch for weeks. I wunder what the devs are all working on actually.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Career Officer
# 16
09-13-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
Okay, they're fixing the plant, but what about the spelling mistake on the HMS "Enterprise" ?

In the Enterprise TV show intro, the ship was named the HMS Enterprize. With a Z.
In English the word Enterprise is spelt with a letter S not Z. This is a British ship, HMS stands for Her/His Majesty's Ship. The spelling of the original ship would have been with an S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprise_(1774)

Even the original TOS Ship is spelt with an S

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/enterprise

I see no need to change this, however hopefully they will have sorted the unclear text at the bottom.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Finally the KDF get a real killer ship:[Combat (Self)] Your Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - High Yield III deals 229218 (73803) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
Career Officer
# 17
09-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
In English the word Enterprise is spelt with a letter S not Z. This is a British ship, HMS stands for Her/His Majesty's Ship. The spelling of the original ship would have been with an S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprise_(1774)

Even the original TOS Ship is spelt with an S

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/enterprise

I see no need to change this, however hopefully they will have sorted the unclear text at the bottom.
Indeed. Interestingly though there was a ship named "Enterprize", also a British Navy vessel that was a captured Spanish Barca-Longa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprize_(1743)

However in this context I think they meant to use Enterprise but miss-keyed

And YES I hope they fix the text too! What price testing eh?
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
09-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Actually, there was multiple HMS Enterprize's and HMS Enterprise's. Around the period of 1775 there was a HMS Enterprise that was captured by the Americans but the ships were typically called "Enterprize" up until WWII. For example there is an Echo-class survey ship in service with the Royal Navy at this current time calle HMS Enterprise. And yes the ship shown at the start of ENT is HMS Enterprize so therefore the ship on the wall should read Enterprize.

EDIT: The ship captured in 1775 by the Americans was HMS Enterprize not Enterprise

And there was no ship launced under the name Enterprise or Enterprize in 1775

Last edited by llyodstyles; 09-13-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 19
09-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The fact that they did not fix the security and armory doffs falling under "tactical" now 2 weeks in is inexcusable!
Seriously?

Anyway, your 'inexcusable' bug is by definition a low-priority bug, because it doesn't really affect much. And 2 weeks is nothing compared to some still-here bugs.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 20
09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Seriously?

Anyway, your 'inexcusable' bug is by definition a low-priority bug, because it doesn't really affect much. And 2 weeks is nothing compared to some still-here bugs.
Well the majority trying to build Fleet Bases wouldn't define misclassified as low-priority. And yes, some bugs have been here so long its ridiculous...

Ex: Klingon Marauding T4 reward (We were told on Jan 16, 2012 "Top people are on this")
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.