Lieutenant
# 1 Tanking Set Question
09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Hello

I'm having some difficulty in deciding what is the best tanking set for me? I?m an engineering cruiser captain and I have both the Aegis Technological Research set + the M.A.C.O. set at mark 11 very rare. Can someone please tell me which one I should pick and why?

Thanks
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Mix them, either Borg Engine, Deflector with Borg console and MACO shield or AEGIS engine and deflector with MACO shield. The Maco shield is by far the best out of all 3 shields so choose do you perfer defence go for AEGIS, or do you perfer shield and hull heals then go for Borg.
Captain
# 3
09-14-2012, 11:26 AM
MACO way better that Aegis set which got nerfed a year ago.
Captain
# 4
09-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by row124 View Post
Hello

I'm having some difficulty in deciding what is the best tanking set for me? I?m an engineering cruiser captain and I have both the Aegis Technological Research set + the M.A.C.O. set at mark 11 very rare. Can someone please tell me which one I should pick and why?

Thanks
Borg deflector, Borg engines and MACO shield

A 2-piece Borg set has a good chance of healing your ship. If you have the Borg console aswell, the 3-piece bonus also has a chance of healing your shields. If you dislike the appearance like me, you can disable it's visuals.

The MACO shield because it's decreases the amount of damage bleedthrough, has a good recharge rate and a decent enough cap.

Or Aegis shield if you want, but either way take the Borg engine and deflector.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
The MACO shield because it's decreases the amount of damage bleedthrough, has a good recharge rate and a decent enough cap.
Don't forget the energy bonus proc on the shield. If it was a set bonus it'd be nice, as something the shield just does it's incredible.

A +2 bonus to all power settings is +4% energy weapon damage, +8% shield regen, +0.4% shield damage resistance, +2% bonus to auxiliary skills and a small boost to engines. At 5 stacks that's a massive bonus while giving you the best protection possible.