Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 462
# 11
09-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
I do not count fleet ships because ther are merely re-hashings of existing ships so if there were more ships to work with you would eventualy end up with more fleet ships any way. And I know joining a fleet isn't that hard the point is not only do you need to join a fleet that fleet also has to have the resources to build that ship and if you purchase it its only available to the character you purchased it with.

I am not saying that these should be done immediately in fact 6 of the ships are for levels that don't currently exist on the KDF side. It was merely a list of the differences and what could be done to even things out. The schedual should reflect where each faction is lacking, in the case of the Feds it should be more lower level ships and in the case of the KFD it should be more high level ships. So the next fed ship should be a commander or captain level and the next kdf ship should be a General level.
Okay, for some fleet ships I can see your point, but for others not at all. The Fleet Vorcha-R has a dramatically different BOFF layout. The Heavy Cruiser Retrofit shares the BOFF layout with the standard assault cruiser, but has different stat and a different appearance. The Fleet Patrol Escort Retrofit has a universal BOFF station. Then there's the case of the Aquariaus Destroyer and Hoh'SuS BoP, only playable as stand alone ships via the fleet system.

As for as the schedule goes, I can see the merits of releasing them to fill perceived lacks in the fleet. However, any new leveling ship that gets introduced into the game has to be a c-store ship with a special console power. Otherwise it'll be a vanity project that the majority of the player base will ignore and it will be prioritized accordingly, think a 2017 release after they've added the Pakled faction.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 12
09-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Regarding escorts and raiders. . .I'm not sure the Federation would really have a market for raiders. I mean, really. When it comes down to it. . .in the right hands, a Defiant can have the same amount of maneuverability as a BoP. So, the extra maneuverability reasoning is kinda out. At that point, you're dealing with a vessel that should, by rights, have less tac consoles, less hull, slightly less shield mod.

The main reason anyone flies the BoPs is for the combination of universal boff slots as well as the battlecloak. They pay dearly for those features, perhaps too dearly. I can't see the Federation flying something like that, because they have enough escorts to pick from that they can emulate any build the BoP can be suited for, and probably do it better, so that negates the advantage of having universal boff slots. If you give the battlecloak to a Federation 'raider', you might as well disband the KDF faction entirely and mix it in with the Federation, because that's one of the last truly distinctive ship features of the KDF (there's a Fed cruiser that can equip cannons AND cloak, and the Defiant can cloak). So that option's probably off the table.

Basically, I'm saying the Federation probably doesn't want or need a Federation-esque raider vessel (just look at the complaints about the Aquarius, which is what a raider-level ship would look like).

Half the reason I even fly the Hegh'ta BoP is because the Qin's turning radius is borked and the rest of the ship is not terribly impressive (though the battlecloak and universal slots have their own allure). I might get the Fleet Scourge Destroyer or the Fleet Somraw, as I'm hearing good things about those, or I might get the Fleet Hoh'sus. All of those ships are a definite improvement, which is nice to see for KDF escort/raider ships.

EDIT: Apologies if this seem weird and rambling, I'm on painkillers atm.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 13
09-14-2012, 10:42 AM
the Defiant is the logical choice of the feds to fill the role as a Raider.
It can easily fill all the roles of a Raider in striking behind enemy lines with ease, Alpha attack from cloak, spy-work behind enemy lines, harrassing supply lines in war, etc.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 14
09-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
DStahl's been saying that for 2 years, but something of greater importance always comes up that gets in the way.
Sadly true, though its no excuse to not keep the pressure of the importance up.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 15
09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Dstahl has said he plans on making more KDF content, including ships, now that season 6is out.
How long have you been around? You should talk to Roach(a.K.a - the inappropriate to get them to listen to him "bitemepwe") - he will tell you that from launch Mr Stahl has said a lot of things - just like a good politian does to get elected - promises of tax cut and no cuts to services - or the grand-daddy Tax cuts and increased services!! Only after the election to say - well I got a look at the numbers - I had NOOO idea it was this bad - sorry going to have to raise taxes and cut services.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 16
09-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
How long have you been around? You should talk to Roach(a.K.a - the inappropriate to get them to listen to him "bitemepwe") - he will tell you that from launch Mr Stahl has said a lot of things - just like a good politian does to get elected - promises of tax cut and no cuts to services - or the grand-daddy Tax cuts and increased services!! Only after the election to say - well I got a look at the numbers - I had NOOO idea it was this bad - sorry going to have to raise taxes and cut services.
For the record my name is bitemepwe becuase of the forum conversion would not let me use the name Roach and I was feeling snarky at PWE for the change. I have tried to get it changed many times but the process always stalls out and I never get to send the complete request.

While what you say is true, we have had lots of lip service when it comes to KDF growth and even poor attention in the past, my current campaign of KDF growth is based on rumors and other things I was told from the Vegas con.
Information that gives me hope and a desire to keep the KDF firmly in the Devs minds for the seasons to come in the next few years.

So rather than focusing on the past regrets, past excuses and past reasons I keep my eyes forward for the future becuase living in the past alone only weakens our position.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 17
09-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Dstahl has said he plans on making more KDF content, including ships, now that season 6is out.
Keep you gaurd up. Many will regale you with the lost promises of the past and how the situation is hopeless.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,632
# 18
09-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Regarding escorts and raiders. . .I'm not sure the Federation would really have a market for raiders. I mean, really. When it comes down to it. . .in the right hands, a Defiant can have the same amount of maneuverability as a BoP. So, the extra maneuverability reasoning is kinda out. At that point, you're dealing with a vessel that should, by rights, have less tac consoles, less hull, slightly less shield mod.

The main reason anyone flies the BoPs is for the combination of universal boff slots as well as the battlecloak. They pay dearly for those features, perhaps too dearly. I can't see the Federation flying something like that, because they have enough escorts to pick from that they can emulate any build the BoP can be suited for, and probably do it better, so that negates the advantage of having universal boff slots. If you give the battlecloak to a Federation 'raider', you might as well disband the KDF faction entirely and mix it in with the Federation, because that's one of the last truly distinctive ship features of the KDF (there's a Fed cruiser that can equip cannons AND cloak, and the Defiant can cloak). So that option's probably off the table.

Basically, I'm saying the Federation probably doesn't want or need a Federation-esque raider vessel (just look at the complaints about the Aquarius, which is what a raider-level ship would look like).

Half the reason I even fly the Hegh'ta BoP is because the Qin's turning radius is borked and the rest of the ship is not terribly impressive (though the battlecloak and universal slots have their own allure). I might get the Fleet Scourge Destroyer or the Fleet Somraw, as I'm hearing good things about those, or I might get the Fleet Hoh'sus. All of those ships are a definite improvement, which is nice to see for KDF escort/raider ships.

EDIT: Apologies if this seem weird and rambling, I'm on painkillers atm.
I have updated my posts with what I meant by "raider". I agree cloaking of any kind should be kept to the KDF (with few exceptions). The aquarius looks horribad being that its simply a lighter version of an escort and has no distinctive features.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,632
# 19
09-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
Okay, for some fleet ships I can see your point, but for others not at all. The Fleet Vorcha-R has a dramatically different BOFF layout. The Heavy Cruiser Retrofit shares the BOFF layout with the standard assault cruiser, but has different stat and a different appearance. The Fleet Patrol Escort Retrofit has a universal BOFF station. Then there's the case of the Aquariaus Destroyer and Hoh'SuS BoP, only playable as stand alone ships via the fleet system.

As for as the schedule goes, I can see the merits of releasing them to fill perceived lacks in the fleet. However, any new leveling ship that gets introduced into the game has to be a c-store ship with a special console power. Otherwise it'll be a vanity project that the majority of the player base will ignore and it will be prioritized accordingly, think a 2017 release after they've added the Pakled faction.
To your first point. even the fleet vorcha is still a vorcha, it's just a boff setup similar to the regent with the typical klingon twist ( I have one I love it). if there were more basic and c-store ships then we would see them get fleet versions anyway maybe with new layouts maybe not. The fleet armitage is just a slight buff while the fleet rhode island is a new setup, but those are both ships that existed previously and there fore were available to be toyed with.

To your second point, yes that is exactly what I was going for there are only a few ships i think should be added in the free section and thats mainly to make the number of free choices available even on both sides.

I suggested the KDF get 2 free variants of existing BG level ships (bringing the total to 7) and that the federation get 1 new ship class free (also bringing the total to 7)

These were an escort and a carrier variant for the KDF, and, a frigate class for the Federation. meaning each side gets 7 ship choices across 4 classes non c-store.


BTW I'm taking suggestions on what a fed 4th class should actualy be.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,632
# 20
09-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
How long have you been around? You should talk to Roach(a.K.a - the inappropriate to get them to listen to him "bitemepwe") - he will tell you that from launch Mr Stahl has said a lot of things - just like a good politian does to get elected - promises of tax cut and no cuts to services - or the grand-daddy Tax cuts and increased services!! Only after the election to say - well I got a look at the numbers - I had NOOO idea it was this bad - sorry going to have to raise taxes and cut services.
Since launch actualy. So I also remember that Atari didn't want to fund them and that they were independant for a while then a massive conversion to F2P then a massive content push. I also remember perigrin falcons compilation on everything the KDF has been promised and not given. I remember leveling up my KDF characters from level 1 with almost nothing to actualy do. It has infact gotten better just slowly. I think their plate has been prety full lately and that it takes time and resources they couldn't spare to create content for but a small fraction of the player base. I also believe that they truly do want to finish the KDF and that as soon as they have the time and money we will see lots of stuff start to show up.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:51 PM.