Captain
# 11
09-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The Gal-R did not get 'nerfed' any more or less than any other T5 ship. Still has the same hull, shields, boffs, consoles, and weapons as before. It still gets you a discount on a fleet ship down the road. Yes the fleet ships are better. Thats the same story with all non-lockbox ships for the last two months. Everyone has stuff in the game they don't like, but very few things will ever be done about any of them. So you can deal with it and move on, keep flying your Gal-R (which is still quite capable), be patient and get your Fleet Gal-R for relatively cheap, or go play a different game. But this ranting/whining with nothing constructive to ask or suggest, it accomplishes nothing.
Getting nerfed doesn't necessarily mean getting hit points slashed. It can mean making a power inadequate on a ship, weapon, or shield to keep up with the normal action in the game.
This is not ranting, this is the god- damn truth that some of you people don't like to hear. We paid cash for this damn ship and want results for our money. We got ripped off for our money for shenanigans and gimmics. If the game gets updated, to the least, the players ships should be updated to keep up with the tiers. A tier 5 ship should be able to battle in a tier 5 PVE mission or battle in a PVP match whether they be old tier 5 ships or new tier 5 ships period. I have given constructive suggestions already, as did other people who made similar threads complaining about the Galaxy ships. Its the Devs that are stuborn and set in thier ways, only listening to what they want to hear, being praises and awe.
Captain
# 12
09-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Right. This isn't new, what you posted isn't new, basically this whole thread was made just to complain about the existing state of the ship in game then. You said you the Gal-R got nerfed compared to a couple weeks ago and you just agreed with me that that wasn't the case.

And nothing in PVE needs only the highest damage producing ships. If you think you do, you're doing it wrong. As I mentioned, I fly a Gal-R as my main ship on my engineer, and while the question of it being the weakest ship at T5 is debatable, I will say that I don't feel like I'm forced to fly another ship to successfully accomplish anything else without a lot of unnecessary work. Things die in a reasonable time it seems, though as an engineer in a cruiser, I play more of a support role, but I'm setup in a way that I can put out some decent dps for short bursts if needed.

If anything, my science officer in an Intrepid-R kills much, much slower that my Gal-R, which is why I usually fly my Defiant-R with her.
I am Tac OFFice which is supposed to boost the ships damage output based on the skill tree. That don't happen in my Gal- R and I can switch ships to my Gal-X and do awesome damage and tank all day. The Gal-X is basicly an Assault Cruiser with Glaxy turn rate, cannons and a lance in a Galaxy skin. It comes with a little more power than Gal-R, not that much, but enough to get satisfactory kills in PVP and save the day in PVE. I spent a whole PVP match fighting 1 on 1 with a Science Rhode Island Class. He was trying to wear me down and hold me to death while I could do nothing but bore him to death, my "big for nothing" ship. I only got two kills in that match and they were not solo kills.

On the subject of your Sci Officer not doing well in an Intrepid ship doesn't surprise me because it is canon ship that the Devs didn't give much love to, making it an easy pop ship like the Nebula. I have another thread about how I can get my Nebula to shield tank better because even though its capacity is 1,200 more HP than my Galaxy-R its shield it twice as weak and don't stand up to anything. The best ships to put Science officer in is the Recluse or Orb Weaver ships because they are the most effective leach ships in the game. I have yet to find an active defense against their leaching.
Captain
# 13
09-14-2012, 04:04 PM
galaxy-r was, and is, and will be a ****ty cruiser. learn to live with it. In my opinion this ship is far from being anywhere near It's original from the series. fleet version didn't change that a bit either.
And thats all 2 year old info, so might aswell stop discussing about it until it actually gets fixed. (but chances are high, it never will be changed, sad but true)
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 14
09-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
galaxy-r was, and is, and will be a ****ty cruiser. learn to live with it. In my opinion this ship is far from being anywhere near It's original from the series. fleet version didn't change that a bit either.
And thats all 2 year old info, so might aswell stop discussing about it until it actually gets fixed. (but chances are high, it never will be changed, sad but true)
If we stop discussing it, it will never be changed that's for sure.

I agree, the Fleet version isn't much better, because what that ship needs is more offsive power, but not even more defensive.

Live long and prosper.
Captain
# 15
09-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
If we stop discussing it, it will never be changed that's for sure.

I agree, the Fleet version isn't much better, because what that ship needs is more offsive power, but not even more defensive.
Why not make it a flying brick? The poor Galaxy-R needs any kind of boost. If that takes making it the tankiest tank of all tankdom, then that's what I will take. I don't want my favourite ship to keep getting left behind.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 16
09-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I think the fleet Galaxy should have 4 eng consoles, 3 sci, 3 tac instead of its 5 eng, 3 sci, 2 tac setup. It also should change the ensign eng boff station to universal. This isn't too much to ask for seeing as how hard it is to even get a starbase high enough to even be able to purchase it. Even t1 starbase fleet ships get universals, why not the Fleet Galaxy.
Captain
# 17
09-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Listen up people, no matter how cheap the Fleet Galaxy is after owning the C-store version, you can not obtain one until your fleet gets a tier 4 starbase and a tier 4 shipyard. You can grind all day and everyday but it will not be enough because it would take a large group effort to complete the starbase projects. The top guys in our fleet has been grinding or asses off to complete projects while most of the other sit around waiting for the benefits. At the rate of progession in my fleet, I feel i will not get to own a fleet Galaxy by the end of this year. It has taken two months to get a tier 2 station because of the lack of participation in the group. Its like ths game punishes the hard working players by pining them to other people's marits. I fear I will not get to see the fruits of my labor because I will be leaving the US by the end of the year and not sure what type of internet I will get stuck with in Asia. :-(
Captain
# 18
09-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I think the fleet Galaxy should have 4 eng consoles, 3 sci, 3 tac instead of its 5 eng, 3 sci, 2 tac setup. It also should change the ensign eng boff station to universal. This isn't too much to ask for seeing as how hard it is to even get a starbase high enough to even be able to purchase it. Even t1 starbase fleet ships get universals, why not the Fleet Galaxy.
Thats why I called foul when they came out with it. It don't need more ENG stuff, but it need a better turn rate and weapon power. I wish they would come up with an ENG console that boost damage or a universal console slot so you can put Tac, Eng or Sci console in them to bring up what ever shortcomings your ship has.
Captain
# 19
09-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Why not make it a flying brick? The poor Galaxy-R needs any kind of boost. If that takes making it the tankiest tank of all tankdom, then that's what I will take. I don't want my favourite ship to keep getting left behind.
Thats not the point, the Galaxy Class is already "tanky" enough, what it needs is more attack power.
It is supposed to operate on it's own, so it needs to be much more versatile and more balanced when it comes to it's emphasis.
Of course you can tickle your enemy to death, but the Galaxy Classes we saw in the shows had massive firepower compared to any other federation starship. I just want the Galaxy Class in STO more like that.
At the moment, even a Fleet nova has got more firepower than a Galaxy Class, thats a kick in the n**s for every Galaxy class fan.
For all i care, the devs can make one of their creations the tankiest ship in the game but the Galaxy Class should be much more versatile and dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Thats why I called foul when they came out with it. It don't need more ENG stuff, but it need a better turn rate and weapon power. I wish they would come up with an ENG console that boost damage or a universal console slot so you can put Tac, Eng or Sci console in them to bring up what ever shortcomings your ship has.
Absolutely my opinion.

I think they should change the Saucer seperation console, so the ship has more weapon power when in one piece (just like in the show). Separated more maneuverability and the saucer section of course.

Additionally they should change its science Lieutenant into a universal Lt. Cmdr. so it would be more similar to the Regent class but still slightly more "tanky".

Personally i don't care about the Fleet versions of that ship, because i will never get my hands on one and to be honest i don't want one as they are now.
I have bought the Galaxy -R when it came out and it had then already very little "teeth", this has to change.
I'm tired of the devs (mis)arranging ships at their will, without considering how they where in the shows.

Live long and prosper.

Last edited by yreodred; 09-14-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
09-14-2012, 09:03 PM
The Galaxy Class ship from TNG was a ship of peace, designed with exploration in mind first it was large to hold a large crew and science facilities. It was fast (its been a while) in the first episode while tyring to outrun Q they got the ship up to almost Warp 9.95 or 6 i think. But it has always lacked in firepower, prime example of this was in the movie Star Trek Generations in orbit of Viridian III, the Enterprise-D (which had been refittedvto some degree...look at the bridge layout if you do not believe me.) scored a direct hit from the primary forward phaser array against the shields of a 20 year old bird of prey and while the impact was impressive to see when the next time you see inside the bird of prey they are not expericing many problem from the Flagship of the Federation (at the time) hitting them repeditly with multiple phaser strikes. Now with the onset of the Dominion Wars the Galaxy class ship did get a power boost to help fight the larger Jam Haddar ships and the Cardassian ships, but with the launch of the Soverign class ship the Galaxy did take a second seat to the development of the "Battle" cruiser. So yes the Galaxy is lacking in the firepower dept. but it has always been lacking in that dept. It's primary strenght is its ability to absorb, shake off, and deflect damage for long periods of time while it works on taking out the attacking ship(s).