Captain
# 1 Are these common issues?
09-14-2012, 05:25 AM
I'm having issues with the foundry test play where a lot of things i've set to only appear during certain mission parts won't disappear. Ships and NPC's alike will stay as is even though they shouldn't be there.

Also i find that most effects aren't showing up in space combat, like nebula effects, so i don't know if i've placed them wrong or if it's just not showing up for the test.

Things don't wander like i tell them too, although this might be because i don't know the wander settings very well.

I didn't want to post these under bugs because i didn't know if that's what they were, or if it's just showing up during the test plays but will be fine once published.
Rihannsu
# 2
09-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Hmm... well, wander doesn't take effect until you publish. So setting wander won't do anything until then.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I'm having issues with the foundry test play where a lot of things i've set to only appear during certain mission parts won't disappear. Ships and NPC's alike will stay as is even though they shouldn't be there.
There do seem to be some inconsistencies with this with NPCs that are tied to objectives. I've had mobs invisible until their objective starts, even though I've set them to always be visible.

Quote:
Also i find that most effects aren't showing up in space combat, like nebula effects, so i don't know if i've placed them wrong or if it's just not showing up for the test.
What graphics level are you playing at? Certain effects won't show up under the lower graphics settings, and some will look different.

Quote:
Things don't wander like i tell them too, although this might be because i don't know the wander settings very well.
What markhawkman said. As for settings, A good rule of thumb I've found is a speed of 5 is an easy walking pace. 10 is a bit of a trot, and anything higher than that is a run. I tend to set duration, distance and nodes to max, so I get the maximum amount of wander possible within the confines of the map. Also I believe space wander is still broken.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 4
09-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
There do seem to be some inconsistencies with this with NPCs that are tied to objectives. I've had mobs invisible until their objective starts, even though I've set them to always be visible.
Actually.... I think that's normal. Why is it that way? no clue, but it always seems to do that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-14-2012, 08:39 AM
NPC Groups tied to an objective will not appear until their objective is in progress. This is by design to prevent an NPC group from being killed prematurely.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 6
09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
I've had effects not show up during preview before. I restarted the STO client and it fixed it.
Captain
# 7
09-14-2012, 05:44 PM
The issue isn't getting them to appear but to disappear. I have characters that won't disappear after the assigned mission is over which is the same issue I'm having with ships. Even if I set the ships to over lap just in case it won't go away, it just pushes it over and I still have two of the same ship. I'd rather not publish it only to find that it's still not taking the characters or ships off the map when it's supposed to.

The wander issue IS good to know though. I have them set to wander and toss out an occasional phrase but no wander and chat happens on one or two but not all but I figured that was just my timing on when I was running by.

I've been checking you tube and such but so far I'm still slow to the pick up on he foundry. Thank you all for helping out.
Career Officer
# 8
09-14-2012, 06:01 PM
You cannot make npcs disappear
Captain
# 9
09-14-2012, 10:53 PM
What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Career Officer
# 10
09-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Lol. We've all been there, believe me...

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.