Career Officer
Condolences from the Star Trek Online community to all who knew Eve Online's forum moderator and in-game senior diplomat Vile Rat, U.S. Diplomat Sean Smith, who was one of four Americans killed by protesters who attacked the United States consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Sean was online when the attack began and one of the last things he typed was the word: GUNFIRE.

It is sobering to think about how all of us in the MMO community are actually a very close-knit family. We should all give pause and reflect on our appreciation for the friendship and comaradity we enjoy with real people from all over this one earth we share, because in an instant, we can and do...lose one of our own.

Last edited by alanburch; 09-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-14-2012, 02:02 PM
I've suggested the following as a memorial for him, since there is so much overlap in the internet spaceship community:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=386851
Empire Veteran
# 3
09-14-2012, 02:08 PM
< moment of silence >
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 4
09-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
< moment of silence >
< moment of silence >
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-14-2012, 05:17 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

Last edited by syberghost; 09-14-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Captain
# 6
09-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
< moment of silence >
<bows head>
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 7
09-14-2012, 08:25 PM
https://forums.eveonline.com/default...54&find=unread

Here's a link where the EvE community is paying its respects.
Commander
# 8
09-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I've suggested the following as a memorial for him, since there is so much overlap in the internet spaceship community:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=386851
I think that's a GREAT idea... I'd like to 2nd that motion, if I may (or 3rd or 4th... if I'm late to the party, as usual)
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Ensign
# 9 Sean Smith
09-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanburch View Post
Condolences from the Star Trek Online community to all who knew Eve Online's forum moderator and in-game senior diplomat Vile Rat, U.S. Diplomat Sean Smith, who was one of four Americans killed by protesters who attacked the United States consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Sean was online when the attack began and one of the last things he typed was the word: GUNFIRE.

It is sobering to think about how all of us in the MMO community are actually a very close-knit family. We should all give pause and reflect on our appreciation for the friendship and comaradity we enjoy with real people from all over this one earth we share, because in an instant, we can and do...lose one of our own.
I knew Sean for 6 years on Eve. We were both new then and also both in Iraq. As Diplomats we were charged with promoting peace, and when that failed, mopping them up. Although he got way more involved as a DV and part of our ruling body, we stayed in touch and were in the same alliance. The time I had with him helped change my mind about things, in Eve, and in real life. I raise a glass to you VR! "if it ain't purple, kill it!"
Career Officer
# 10
09-15-2012, 08:35 AM
-pays respects-
I miss my _.