Commander
# 11
08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
done this mission 11 times >.< as part of reg mission then 6 times for phased polaron loadout.
operation gamma 14
i want an option to bypass cutscenes/cinematics...and perhaps kill kurland as an optional.

'come in, kurland here' dude...shut the **** up, this is supposed to be a clandestine mission and you keep comming me every 5 seconds!

on topic, it's somewhat random where he is when the cutscene ends, evidently sometimes he's frozen while it plays (the others getting blown up at the lift) and sometimes he's not frozen. had him be right on top of me when the scene ends, the other jem'hader hugging me while he's still outside the office, and a few times where no one was in the office at all.

the cutscenes/cinematics are buggy they don't always freeze the npc's the way they do you. ex: farking enterprise warping in to 'help' you at the end fight. they really needed to relegate that to a comm window that doesn't lock you out of combat while that idiot andorian preens himself.

cutscenes/cinematics fine first run through, thereafter there NEEDS to be a toggle to shut them off. especially missions like boldly they rode that you have to run through multiple times if you want the end rewards to equip your ship.
Captain
# 12
08-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Here is an update. Recently I finished the mission without dying. As soon as I spawned in the office of the operations level, I ran off to the larger operations room. I played with an engineer character and I put a shield in the doorway, Locking in Kar'ukan and his helper.This gave me some time.

Strangely Kar'ukan and that other dude appeared suddenly in operations, as if there was no shield in the doorway. Now here is an old trick that works in most games, I kept moving. It seems you take less damage when you run arround, but perhaps I am wrong. Weapons malfunction on Kar'ukan and nuking his helper (first the adds then the boss). They went down pretty easy.
Captain
# 13
08-22-2012, 05:30 AM
That sequence was changed, but I guess it's somewhat logical, since you sent explosives up one turbolift that killed a bunch of Jem'hadar they would be alerted to the idea that you were coming in by a different means and watching the other turbo lift would be foolish.
I've no problems with these changes, you use palm strike or rifle butt to make room then keep moving .
Lieutenant
# 14
09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Dead in less than a second to the two guys in the Commander's office, respawn and take out the demolitionist, only to find Kar'ukan has vanished, unable to complete the mission. Beam out and re-enter... right back at the start of the Promenade... great.
Career Officer
# 15
09-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Did you wait for Red Alert to clear before a dialogue box opens and says beam to ship with a button?

Also Kar'ukan beams out before you can kill him anyway.

Last edited by dcmstech; 09-14-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
09-15-2012, 05:03 AM
Canon has it that there is a seperate entrance to the office, which was deliberately used by Dax I believe so she wouldn't be seen by Worf in OPS.

Personal Cloak is clearly the way to go here as the mission is the closest thing to a stealth/ Starship Mine / Die Hard scenario the game has.
Lieutenant
# 17
09-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmstech View Post
Did you wait for Red Alert to clear before a dialogue box opens and says beam to ship with a button?

Also Kar'ukan beams out before you can kill him anyway.
Thanks, but this is my fourth playthrough so I know how the mission is supposed to progress - he didn't beam out, he just vanished from the map, so I never got the beam to ship dialogue. My suspicion is that he got stuck in the office wall - the spot where they killed me was pretty crowded.

Repeated on lower difficulty and this time managed to pull him out into main room before dying - he was still present on respawn and I was able to complete the mission.
Ensign
# 18
06-06-2013, 04:45 PM
encountered a similar issue, i died in the middle of the room and when i respawned i just saw kar'ukan vanishing and got stuck there without advancing... any suggestions?