Captain
# 11
09-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3822 View Post
Thanks guys, next question. Now got my Lt Cmdr rank and cruiser ship. I am not faced with promoting someone. How do I make this selection. Also, what difference does the First Officer selection make?

Finally, can I have more than one Lt in order to try out both of their secondary powers. In my cruiser I only have space for one Lt. Thought I would promote them both and alternate to see which I like most.

http://www.stowiki.org/Bridge_officer#Promotions

Your space BOFF abilities will be limited by your ship (so you're right in that you can't use more or higher rank BOFF powers than your ship has room for). However your ground (away team) BOFF powers are not limited in this manner - so always promote your ground team to the maximum rank possible

[edit] Missed your First Officer Question: It's cosmetic only, it doesn't (currently) affect anything... [/edit]

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]

Last edited by maelwy5; 09-14-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
09-14-2012, 01:08 PM
You can promote all your boffs. They're limited on what powers they can access in space by their station, but you can put a boff in a station that's lower than their rank. For example, I have a commander in an ensign science station. He can only use his ensign power, but he still has all four. Also, when I use him on an away team, he does have all four of his ground powers.
Captain
# 13
09-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3822 View Post
Thanks guys, next question. Now got my Lt Cmdr rank and cruiser ship. I am not faced with promoting someone. How do I make this selection. Also, what difference does the First Officer selection make?

Finally, can I have more than one Lt in order to try out both of their secondary powers. In my cruiser I only have space for one Lt. Thought I would promote them both and alternate to see which I like most.
You pomote Bridge Officers by bringing up the Character/Ship status page with 'U'. Click on the Bridge Officer -> Status tab. At the botton will be a drop down menu called Career Options -> Promote.

And the Bridge Stations of ships are fixed. The only way to get better Stations is to get a better ship. The rank of the Bridge Station determines the highest rank of Bridge Officer abiliity that can be used. Well that and the rank of the Bridge Officer assigned to that station. And that leads to a a bit of advise. Don't increase the Space Abilities of Bridge Officers beyond the Rank of Bridge Station they are assigned to. It's a waste of Expertise points at lower levels. When you reach Command and above, you'll have more then enough Expertise points.

And you've hit upon reasons for having more Commision Officers slots. It allow you to change out your build depending on the play situation or what foe you are fighting. For instance, when fighting Breen, i alays make sure I have Polarize the Hull available for those #$% Breen Frigates. (You;ll know what I'm taking about when your reach max level. :p).
Lieutenant
# 14
09-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you all for your responses. Really helping me lots and I am learning! I just had a go at my first PVP and did terribly. Got kicked big time. Why did I loose so bad? They were the same rank as me. I need a mentor cause I must suck to have lost that bad!!

Also, I went gold yesterday however I still have not got my 500 zen. I keep checking the C-Store. Thanks again.