Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 11
09-15-2012, 01:56 PM
I'd say no personally. Compared to the latest C-store ships and fleet ships, it's rather outdated.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Career Officer
# 12
09-15-2012, 02:02 PM
The Gal-X is not for everyone. It does require a bit more skill to fly not because of relfexes, but because you have to think ahead to be in the right place at the right time... if you are thinking its reflex-heavy (in a ship that manuevers like a pregnant yak), then you haven't thought ahead sufficiently and are trying to compensate by spamming your WASD and spacebar keys. The ship's function is not an mystery... it is essentially burst damage then tank/heal, cycle, rinse, repeat.

The lance is, of course, the centerpiece. If you are a Tac officer, buff and use your debuffs properly, you should be able to hit for 40-50K per EACH of the two shots routinely.. and critical for a lot more when proverbial lightning strikes. You dont get that with BO3.

PvE is not a problem... seriously, I don't necesarily use my lance in PvE despite numerous opportunities. In PvP, people will be almost always ready for your lance if you are dueling (and why would you duel in a turtle like the GalX?). As such, when doing 5 vs 5, the cloak is retained and used to help deliver your lance strike (and get a bonus 15% damage to boot), afterwards you will have to tank/heal until you can disengagae, cloak, and set up again... which makes the 3 minute cooldown almost bearable. Alternatively, the Subspace Jump module can be used instead of the cloak.

Last edited by chillee; 09-15-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Captain
# 13
09-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtassadar View Post
Well I misstated what I want. I'm not looking for a new skin, but rather a new ship in general. I've gotten used to a tactical cruiser, since I'm a Tac Captain, so using a whole different class of ship is out.

As for getting an Ody, if I were to get it, I would go for a Tac. Comparing the G-X and the Ody Tac, it seems as if the Ody is a better choice. I would enjoy fooling around with the lance and the cloak, but the Ody seems like it's a tougher ship.

I'm really reluctant to shell out for all three ships, so I would lose out on the saucer sep, but from using the ody in tribble, and the G-R on the holodeck, separation is overrated anyway.

My playing style is a dps/tank hybrid, more weighted to tank, and the extra console and weapon power would benefit me much more.

I suppose I'll go for the Ody Tac then

Thanks!

If a DPS/Tank is what you want' The Gal-X will fit the bill. I have a Tactical Captain flying one. I use Anti-Proton beam arrays so I don't get maximum damage out of the Lance. But I do enough when I'm buffed up.
Career Officer
# 14
09-15-2012, 10:09 PM
The dreadnought is a special beast, in the right hands, deadly as hell, in the wrong hands, you're just flying shrapnel and you don't know it yet. Learn too fly it with a proper team before you go and start pugging away.