First I would have to say the account bank and account bound items has been a long time in waiting and are wonderful additions. Second I have to ask what determines what is account bound and what isn't? I can understand certain items, but a Rare Mk XI console not being account bound is silly, especially how expensive some are. Maybe I'm not understanding why certain items are excluded from being account bound. Would love to see more items being unlocked to the account.
On a similar subject, I would love to see certain items such as the Ophedian Cane and Shard of Possibilities able to be claimed from the Zen Store after you have at least one character with it.
I have a character that I have invested play time, EC, and dilithium into and now do not play it any more. Too many things such as the O Cane, SoP, IDIC, and various other nontransferable (and EC expensive) items for me to delete this character, so it just sits there taking up space. Some of these (if not all) could easily be account bound and once placed into the account bank could only be removed by alternate characters that don't already have said items.
Also I have a few DOff's that would love to see not go to waste such as the Exocomp and Horatio. It saddens me to see a wasted character slot used only to hold things that I cannot get again. Heck, I would be willing to pay up to 1000 Zen on a feature that will take all items, BOffs, DOffs, etc. from the one character I want to delete, send it as a box to my account bank, and then delete the character. Obviously certain characters would be unable to open the box since it would contain unique/faction specific items. Speaking with others about this idea, they would be more than willing to pay 625-1000 Zen for this service.
Last edited by bizzarquestion; 09-15-2012 at 03:05 PM.
1. Use paragraphs... Wall of text = hard to read...
2. Rare Mk XI items are not worth anything except for a very few. This makes crafting useless now that any almost any, with a few exceptions, MK XI rare console can be had for nearly discard price on the exchange. I discard/sell rare Mk XI consoles dropped in elite STFs to vendors constantly.
3. How can you consider a character that you used to get all this crap a waste? Perhaps I am biased as I don't play with alts except to farm the duty officer system. I have one character that I "play"... it took so much time to get the characters wealth to the point that it is... why would I want to start over unless to try a different profession? Though I have not found the desire to do that yet.
Fleet progression further cements the need to stick with your characters.... with 600K fleet credits and counting... why would I just start another one? If I was that bored... there is always real life and BF3 Armored Kill.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?
Join Date: Sep 2009 - I want my changeling lava lamp!
1. Like I said this is a character I no longer play. So no fleet credits (although this could easily be part of said 'box'). It is easier, cheaper, and all around more worthwhile to start a new character then it is to buy a dilithium ship and respec. This transfer idea is so all the time and effort put into what turns out to be a spec/profession/race I do not care for can be put towards a new one that I do like. What about silver accounts that only get 1 Fed and 1 KDF and they create a character they despise, but still have tons of stuff invested?
2. Field Gens are not 'vendor discard price' nor are most of the other widely/popularly used tactical consoles. Just because you can afford to throw away Field Gens and AP Mag Regs doesn't mean everyone else can. With crafting costing dilithium now it can either cost the same in EC or less if bought off the exchange.
3. Proper 'Paragraphs' cannot be created in this forum, so keep your inability to maintain your place while reading to yourself.
Last edited by bizzarquestion; 09-15-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Also I have a few DOff's that would love to see not go to waste such as the Exocomp and Horatio. It saddens me to see a wasted character slot used only to hold things that I cannot get again. Heck, I would be willing to pay up to 1000 Zen on a feature that will take all items, BOffs, DOffs, etc. from the one character
As long as the Doffs have not been put on active duty the majority are not bound to a character and as such can be mailed to yourself so another toon can use them so at least the Horatio and others can be used elsewhere
I also don't see why you are complaining so much, yes you decided to invest time in a toon and then chose to start a new one, on a different toon would you really want the same consoles and same set up?
It is easier, cheaper, and all around more worthwhile to start a new character then it is to buy a dilithium ship and respec
so much easier to start fresh, yet you don't want to put the hard work in like most people who create a new toon and would prefer to have your vice admiral gear waiting for you?
The limited time items like the ophedian cane, Shard of Possibilities & the Exocomp (others too) will no doubt be made available again in the future as a episode rerun like they did a few months back.